Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

A year and a bit in Brisbane.

A year and a bit in Brisbane.

Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:49 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default Re: A year and a bit in Brisbane.

Originally Posted by discobay
I just happened upon this thread and was wondering what you now think of Paddington?
I've just bought a place (long story for another thread then I get round to it), and Paddington was on the list for the same reasons why I wanted to rent there.

But the housing market in Brisbane is mental, in fact it is worse to buy that to rent. I found one place at the top of Paddington (arguably too far to walk to, and stagger back from any action). It was advertised for a viewing on the Saturday which did not suit us as we were off to Byron for the weekend, so I phoned to be told that 'the place will be open for 30 minutes on Friday at 4pm'. When I got there, I reckon there were 10-12 groups viewing the place (consider that this is before the advertised viewing the next day). Bif, my partner is very inquisitive, (actually she is very nosey), and she reckoned that there were at least 2 offers made there and then.

So yes, I would have chosen to live there, but it would have been hard work to find somewhere (harder to buy), and I reckon the costs would have been more than advertised (a Dutch auction or what ever they are called).
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A year and a bit in Brisbane.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehansive update. Good luck in your new life - sounds like you've fitted right in!