Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Where have the years gone!!

Where have the years gone!!

Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Where have the years gone!!

Its now been 8 years since we arrived here in Perth, and like many we have had our ups and downs during this time!
We have lost my dad, as well as Micks brother and my best friend...we have made many good friends along the way, and some also not so good!
We now live about 25 kms inland on 5 acres of land, having spent the first 6 years in Kinross, where we originally planned to stay, however felt that the area was getting a bit too rough for us.

The icing on the cake was when my eldest son got married on jindalee beach in feb of this year.........cried my eyes and all sorts all day!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where have the years gone!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Its now been 8 years since we arrived here in Perth, and like many we have had our ups and downs during this time!
We have lost my dad, as well as Micks brother and my best friend...we have made many good friends along the way, and some also not so good!
We now live about 25 kms inland on 5 acres of land, having spent the first 6 years in Kinross, where we originally planned to stay, however felt that the area was getting a bit too rough for us.

The icing on the cake was when my eldest son got married on jindalee beach in feb of this year.........cried my eyes and all sorts all day!
And you have an entire army of naughty cheeky boxer dogs.

I love the photos of your new place, I would love to live somewhere like that but Mr PP prefers to live near the beach.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

congrats mate, we have our 7 year anniversary in 2 days! Maybe by the time I get to 8 years I will have 3 Boxers too!! No frickin chance pal!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, sounds like you're really quite settled. Do you think Kinross will continue to get rougher? I've heard it's quite a nice area to live... but maybe that is all wrong!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Sausage sizzle is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Kinross and have for past 2 years. Not had any trouble only hooners at times. There has been recent trouble at the college with lads from Clarkson coming for fights and the kids had to be put in lock down on 2 occasions. I think one side looks nicer than the other side,
I've lived on both.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's a bit scary. Are the kids coming for fights Brits, Aussies or other nationalities? (maybe a mixture of all of the above...) My brother lived in Kinross for years, Knross Drive, and only once spoke of drunk teenagers wandering the street.... sounds like things have gotten quite a bit more rough since his 12 years there