Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

We have moved into our own home after 18 months in Aus !!!!

We have moved into our own home after 18 months in Aus !!!!

Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default We have moved into our own home after 18 months in Aus !!!!

I will post a longer post about our first 18 months in Aus sometime in the next few weeks, but for now I thought I would let everyone know that we have moved into our own home !!!! Took longer than we thought (we thought we would rent for 6 months - turned into 18 months), but this was due to the fact that we wanted to remain self employed and no bank would give us a mortgage without a payslip.
That is a different story for a different time.

In the meantime, we moved on 4 days notice, 120 kms north, one day before my brother arrived for a 10 day visit from South Africa (after I had not seen him for almost 5 years). So needless to say it has been a HECTIC time (we moved on the 16th Dec and my brother arrived on the 17th to chaos!).
My brother left a few days ago, and we feel a hole in this house already - made by his absence. He bonded with my 8 year old daughter, and his absence will be felt.

We moved from north of Brisbane (which I LOVED!), to the Sunshine Coast (which I LOVE !). We are in a suburb called Peregian Springs which is about 10kms south of Noosa, and it is a beautiful place to call home. I feel blessed. I will miss Brisbane, but we will built roots here, and I feel good about the direction my life has taken.

So - when a little more organised, I'll write a longer update. Life in the last 18 months has been eventful and nothing short of exceptional. I still feel blessed each and every day to call this country my home.

Nix
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have moved into our own home after 18 months in Aus !!!!

Congratulations. 18 months isn't bad to get a first house, I am thinking it will take a few years.

All the best in your new home.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:36 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it, and one I suspect all the clever dickies on here that repeatedly say that it's wasted money, should carry on renting, yadda yadda, just don't get. It's worth it.

We bought here after 2 years of renting in Sydney, but also 6 years of renting in Singapore. I always felt at home wherever I was, but this is different.

Enjoy
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your new home
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:40 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! We're planning on renting for at least two years too, to get a feel of where we'd like to live and more importantly, what we can afford! Never felt the hurry to own a home though, renting gives you flexibility, especially when moving to somewhere new.

Congrats on the new house though, hope you'll have many happy years there

Tx
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

suzukipaul will become famous soon enoughsuzukipaul will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
I will post a longer post about our first 18 months in Aus sometime in the next few weeks, but for now I thought I would let everyone know that we have moved into our own home !!!! Took longer than we thought (we thought we would rent for 6 months - turned into 18 months), but this was due to the fact that we wanted to remain self employed and no bank would give us a mortgage without a payslip.
That is a different story for a different time.

In the meantime, we moved on 4 days notice, 120 kms north, one day before my brother arrived for a 10 day visit from South Africa (after I had not seen him for almost 5 years). So needless to say it has been a HECTIC time (we moved on the 16th Dec and my brother arrived on the 17th to chaos!).
My brother left a few days ago, and we feel a hole in this house already - made by his absence. He bonded with my 8 year old daughter, and his absence will be felt.

We moved from north of Brisbane (which I LOVED!), to the Sunshine Coast (which I LOVE !). We are in a suburb called Peregian Springs which is about 10kms south of Noosa, and it is a beautiful place to call home. I feel blessed. I will miss Brisbane, but we will built roots here, and I feel good about the direction my life has taken.

So - when a little more organised, I'll write a longer update. Life in the last 18 months has been eventful and nothing short of exceptional. I still feel blessed each and every day to call this country my home.

Nix
Hi Nix & Mike,

Welcome to Peregian Springs!!!! We have been in Australia since October 2009 & have always rented on the Springs. Hope you are settling in ok.

Cathy xx
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Congrats, Peregian Springs is a lovely place and excellent location.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! That's awesome.

May wanna change your location to Sunshine Coast now.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

We're in our own place after 14 years renting in Singapore, and it feels great.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:49 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
Congrats, Peregian Springs is a lovely place and excellent location.

ill second that

well done