We did it our way!

Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default We did it our way!

Well, like old blue eyes would say:
And now, the end is near,
And so I face the final curtain.
My friends, I'll say it clear;
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full -
I've travelled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets? I've had a few,
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Yes, we have decided to go back to beautiful Brighton!

We will miss many things in AU but it isn't home to us and in the past 2 and half years, never felt like one.

In the end, everyone in the family came round to the same conclusions and AU has been the best experience one can have!

What were the deciding factors?

- AU is so far away from anywhere! In UK, Paris is only 3hours away
This has been the biggest factor for us.
It feels like living on an another planet sometimes

- As 457 ppl, we pay our way for most things here, including, and yes I am going to moan about it again , pay $4,500 for my daughter's education each year!

- Because she isn't a resident, my daughter could not apply for a selective school even with her high marks

- Because we are renting here, at the end of tenancy having to find somewhere to move to is not easy to get used to!

Well those are the major reasons for us that swayed the mood.

We are now in the process of getting the rabies injections done for the cat, have already got a place for our daughter at Hove Park School for the next year

So yes, after almost three years here, and having some wonderful and some less than bootiful moments, we are packing our bags and heading back home...

We don't want to patronise anyone about the goods vs bads of one country against another, as each one of us experiences things differently, we just want to say that sometimes, it isn't all about beaches and the weather.

But it is always about ppl, and we have found the locals to be friendly bunch but a really closed bunch too
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We did it our way!

Originally Posted by Syedney
And now, the end is near,
And so I face the final curtain.
My friends, I'll say it clear;
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full -
I've travelled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets? I've had a few,
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Yes, we have decided to go back to beautiful Brighton!

We will miss many things in AU but it isn't home to us and in the past 2 and half years, never felt like one.

In the end, everyone in the family came round to the same conclusions and AU has been the best experience one can have!

What were the deciding factors?

- AU is so far away from anywhere! In UK, Paris is only 3hours away
This has been the biggest factor for us.

- As 457 ppl, we pay our way for most things here, including, and yes I am going to moan about it again , pay $4,500 for my daughter's education each year!

- Because she isn't a resident, my daughter could not apply for a selective school even with her high marks

- Because we are renting here, at the end of tenancy having to find somewhere to move to is not easy to get used to!

Well those are the major reasons for us that swayed the mood.

We are now in the process of getting the rabies injections done for the cat, have already got a place for our daughter at Hove Park School for the next year

So yes, after almost three years here, and having some wonderful and some less than bootiful moments, we are packing our bags and heading back home...

We don't want to patronise anyone about the goods vs bads of one country against another, as each one of us experiences things differently, we just want to say that sometimes, it isn't all about beaches and the weather.

But it is always about ppl, and we have found the locals to be friendly bunch but a really closed bunch too
Good luck in your journey back home all the very best
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

gere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nice

- AU is so far away from anywhere! In UK, Paris is only 3 hours away

we just want to say that sometimes, it isn't all about beaches and the weather.
I agree fully with you. Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was unexpected after all you went through last year!
Big decision though & lots of luck with your return to the UK.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move and the future.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

[I]And now, the end is near <snip>

Good luck with the move back. Brave decision with what we hear about the UK at the moment but I totally understand it. If I could have made it work financially I would have gone back myself after a couple of years here for some very similar reasons.
Those 457 school fees are a bloody shocker and used to cost me nearly $10pa.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:15 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with whatever comes your way in the future
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

No one can take your memories and some were good ones

Good luck mate