Vash's Update Thread

Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Vash's 11-day update

Yep! Mrs Stampede's cat, Carmen. We brought her over with us.

For the record, we used Golden Arrow at the UK end and Dogtainers at the Australian end. Both were excellent.

Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vash's 11-day update

Great updates Vash, I have always enjoyed reading your threads!

Lovely photos of your bub, no wonder they cooed over her at HK, I see she has the habit of sucking the same 2 fingers as my son, he chomped on those fingers on his left hand for nearly 3 years, kept him happy even if his fingers smelt a bit

Sam
Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Vash's 11-day update

Thanks Sam.

I've decided that I'd like to keep this thread as my permanent, ongoing update thread. Mods, could you please edit the title and change it to "Vash's update thread"?

Ta.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:55 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic posts!

I've always wanted to ask you where you got the picture in your avatar? Did you borrow it from somewhere else or is it something you drew?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see how an Aussie Ex Pat would go about things on his return. Slightly surprised at renting out your UK place, is that in case you go back... or the current financial situation.... If it is the Current financial situation then dont tell me your expecting Aus to retreat on the present to more historical parities of the past Surely there's no tax advantage in holding UK property ?

Have you tried APost ?

Best of luck mate and enjoy.

I do like the house.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:43 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Vash's 11-day update

Originally Posted by comet555
Fantastic posts!

I've always wanted to ask you where you got the picture in your avatar? Did you borrow it from somewhere else or is it something you drew?
The chap in my avatar is a Japanese cartoon character called Vash the Stampede, from a cartoon series called Trigun. You can learn more about him here. I found the avatar on a fan site.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Great to see how an Aussie Ex Pat would go about things on his return. Slightly surprised at renting out your UK place, is that in case you go back... or the current financial situation.... If it is the Current financial situation then dont tell me your expecting Aus to retreat on the present to more historical parities of the past Surely there's no tax advantage in holding UK property ?

Have you tried APost ?

Best of luck mate and enjoy.
Primary reason for holding onto the UK house: we just couldn't sell it. My wife has since decided that she wants to keep it until prices go back up again (however long that might take). It's not about the exchange rate; it's about the potential return on investment. We are quite desperate to get a tenant in there, but unfortunately we've had little interest so far. One lady pulled out after putting down a deposit for a 2 year lease.

I haven't tried APost yet; might give them a shot next week. It would have to be high level admin or middle management, though; I can't go back to shift work now, not with a wife & babby to look after.

I do like the house.
It's not fancy, but it was cheap.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Thanks Sam.

I've decided that I'd like to keep this thread as my permanent, ongoing update thread. Mods, could you please edit the title and change it to "Vash's update thread"?

Ta.
T'is done. Great update Vash, what does Mrs Stampede reckon to the area and having to renovate within minutes of landing?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:40 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Vash's 11-day update

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
T'is done.
Thanks MP; you're a good lass, I've always said so.

Great update Vash, what does Mrs Stampede reckon to the area and having to renovate within minutes of landing?
LOL, Mrs Stampede loves the area and the house, and is just happy to see me off my backside and working at last!

We are both enjoying the renovation. It feels so good to personalise the house together.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vash's Update Thread

The house looks gorgeous, i love getting a house and making it a home. Hope you have many happy years in it.
Prior to us leaving the UK for oz we are getting the house ready for the market again. We had tennents in it and they decided to decorate the house top to bottom with out permission. So im in overalls again getting the house ready to hopefully be sold. Thankfully up north the house market is picking up a little.
Mandy
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: Vash's Update Thread

Thanks Mandy. The lounge/dining area is nearly finished!

Just have to put a final coat on the skirting boards and door surrounds tomorrow. Then we can start thinking seriously about curtains and blinds.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Vash will become famous soon enoughMrs Vash will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
Hi,

I enjoyed your post. We too are flying with Cathay Pacific next week. It's a bit worrying that some of your baby supplies were conviscated! I need to take 10 ready made bottles of formula with me. I don't mind tasting one if asked to but all 10... they will go off and we will be left with a young toddler screaming for his milk. Not looking forward to it I must say! Glad you are settling in okay.

All the best.
They let us keep 50% of our food/milks, so whatever you need, if it has to be made up, then bring double!

Don't bother taking a massive tube of nappyrash cream either, they confiscated my nice 'Palmers Bottom Butter' too.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:04 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Vash
They let us keep 50% of our food/milks, so whatever you need, if it has to be made up, then bring double!

Don't bother taking a massive tube of nappyrash cream either, they confiscated my nice 'Palmers Bottom Butter' too.
What is Vash going to do now?

Hi Mrs Vash, we've just moved here (three weeks) and it's been nice to see your progress.

Take care,
Cooler
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Can you not buy those cartons of ready mixed portions from boots once you have passed through security? When this whole checking in fiasco started we had to open all of the cartons we'd packed not realising they would make us open them. I was very annoyed!

Once we got through though, we could go to Boots and buy as many as we needed to get us through our flight to Cyprus. They were SMA red in the 250ml cardboard cartons.

Great updates Vash. Lovely to read!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Vash

Geez, I always use nappy rash cream... always vaseline or sudocreme (spelling). Are you saying I need to have water in my bottles already mixed with the milk powder? I was thinking of putting the milk power in one of those tubs and make it when my toddler wants it. How on earth does security decided how much your baby will need? It's ridiculous. I have 4 bottles but it's going to take 3 days with a Hong Kong stop over to get to Brisbane so I was going to take a little dishwashing liquid and a bottle brush in my bag. Do you think they will take it off me?

I can see me bursting into tears if they want to take my sons milk. I read on direct gov and heathrows website that you are allowed to take whatever your child will need for the journey from A - B.

Just to double check - was your daughters milk conviscated at Heathrow Security?

Thanks for replying.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Great thread Vash , i always enjoy reading your threads...you have a lovely way of writing - it makes reading your updates very enjoyable.
I know i've said this before when i've seen pics on here (a long time ago now), but your house in Adelaide is lovely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.