Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:53 am
Just Joined

tlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vash's Update Thread

Very interesting thread and great pics.
Well done
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Vash's Update Thread

Cheers.

Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the ladies have got the hang of it.

All the best Vash and Family, it's really looking great.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, there is more on the way!

Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

The 'tara is a good little workhorse and surprisingly economical (450km from a single tank) but it has an embarrassing tedency to urinate oil on people's driveways, which has led to some awkard social moments.
Our Falcon, a gas guggler, gets 600k+ on a tank - (I guess the tank is bigger!)

Part 12: it's curtains for us!
In our latest DIY triumph, Mrs Stampede has made us some beautiful new curtains with the help of my mother. They've been reinforced with 3 pass blockout to ward off the sun.

Here's Mrs Stampede doing her stuff with a pair of scissors and my mother's ancient Husqvarna sewing machine, which is nearly as old as I am!
All she needs now is a scrapbook.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:28 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Ive heard of this scrapbooking thing - never done it myself but someone told me its quite popular here.

Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:29 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yeah, the 'Tara's tank isn't very large; only 50 litres I think. Economy is pretty good for an older car, but it can't match the precision of modern engines.

Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the 'Tara's tank isn't very large; only 50 litres I think. Economy is pretty good for an older car, but it can't match the precision of modern engines.

I'm tipping the Falcon is at least 60 litres maybe more.

Despite all the doom and gloom, on a run these big Australian cars aren't too bad on juice. I can drive down the M1 and the straight 6 is ticking over at 1500 rpm.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive heard of this scrapbooking thing - never done it myself but someone told me its quite popular here.

Yes, you can buy whole crates of stuff to help you!
I thought it was just a Canadian thing, you know, something to do in the long dark winter but apparently not!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Vash, I like the look of your house. I reckon it's often better to buy in an established suburb on a largish block than one of these new places on a tiny block in some treeless new suburb.

Any plans to remove the carpet, assuming you have nice floorboards underneath? That's the first thing we did when we bought our place in Canberra and it was a lot nicer afterwards.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:17 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by Budawang
Vash, I like the look of your house. I reckon it's often better to buy in an established suburb on a largish block than one of these new places on a tiny block in some treeless new suburb.
Thanks, I agree!

Any plans to remove the carpet, assuming you have nice floorboards underneath? That's the first thing we did when we bought our place in Canberra and it was a lot nicer afterwards.
Yes. Our house has pine floorboards underneath the carpet; they are fully exposed in our built-in wardrobe so we know there's nothing wrong with them. We plan to remove the carpet in the lounge/dining area and hallway, polish the floorboards and whack down a bit of varnish. The carpet in Numpty Bub's bedroom, Mrs Stampede's study and my office will be replaced. The carpet in the master bedroom is a high quality wool berber in excellent condition, so we'll leave it for a few years yet.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Dec 6th 2009 at 5:19 am.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:48 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
I reckon it's often better to buy in an established suburb on a largish block than one of these new places on a tiny block in some treeless new suburb.
I would agree to

However living in Melbourne those two things are going kick you in the pocket
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:33 am
Fighting my corner

I think people get too carried away with the idea of living close to the CBD. Unless you actually work there, why bother?

We're about 30 minutes from Adelaide, but it wouldn't bother me if the distance was greater. As soon as you're outside the 15km radius, property becomes remarkably affordable. And of course, that's where the older established houses are.

Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:17 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I think people get too carried away with the idea of living close to the CBD. Unless you actually work there, why bother?

We're about 30 minutes from Adelaide, but it wouldn't bother me if the distance was greater. As soon as you're outside the 15km radius, property becomes remarkably affordable. And of course, that's where the older established houses are.

Plenty of us down in the south would agree Vash

Have to say that we'll probably buy an older place in the future with an eye to changing it to suit.

Hope alls well with you and family Vash,
Cooler
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:59 am
Fighting my corner

Thanks mate, it's all good here. Can't complain.

Busy with work right now, but I will be updating this thread again soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.