Time for an update....

Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for an update....

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Hi Glittababe
your photography is great...
i too am most grateful for being able to live in a really beautiful part of the world. We moved between South Africa and the UK a number of times, before finding what we'd been searching for, after all those moves, and now appreciate it every single day.
Our daughter too has been brilliant during all the moves, and is very happy here... Sometimes it takes time to find what your'e looking for.. now we have found it!
amen! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else now - here is home. I hear pom's too often say "well I'm going home for a holiday" (referring to the UK) - only its not their home and they have to get over that! This is their chosen home, embrace it! I know families that would love to come and live here, but, for one reason or another simply can't. Yes it has problems, but doesn't everywhere? Focus on the good stuff, deal with the bad stuff! Chuck those rose tinted specs in the bin as soon as you land!

Please note to the very charming pic of us all together wasn't taken by me - it was at infinity on teh GC!!!
Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-bunya-248.jpg   Time for an update....-little-cove-noosa2.jpg   Time for an update....-infinityimg.jpg  
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glittababe
amen! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else now - here is home. I hear pom's too often say "well I'm going home for a holiday" (referring to the UK) - only its not their home and they have to get over that! This is their chosen home, embrace it! I know families that would love to come and live here, but, for one reason or another simply can't. Yes it has problems, but doesn't everywhere? Focus on the good stuff, deal with the bad stuff! Chuck those rose tinted specs in the bin as soon as you land!

Please note to the very charming pic of us all together wasn't taken by me - it was at infinity on teh GC!!!
you have a great attitude which is guess why you are succeeding.

Ineresting your point about moving from a small village to the city and it being the wrong place. We live in a small town here in teh UK and i hate big cities, hate major traffic and therefore am considering Cairns, however hubby is fancying Perth but i'm just not sure it would work as i think a big city would just get to me.

oh and your kids are gorgeous too
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:33 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi annie
lovely update!!
glad to hear you are all still loving it!
and wow, your boys are getting big!
fab pics as always,
sue xxxxx
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Great read GB

Ps What camera you using please?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzanne7575
you have a great attitude which is guess why you are succeeding.

Ineresting your point about moving from a small village to the city and it being the wrong place. We live in a small town here in teh UK and i hate big cities, hate major traffic and therefore am considering Cairns, however hubby is fancying Perth but i'm just not sure it would work as i think a big city would just get to me.

oh and your kids are gorgeous too
Haha they're not always that gorgeous! Cairns is beautiful! If you're not city people then definately head up that way. It really is an amazingly beautiful place! I'm just trying to find some pics of our boys to see how much they've changed!

Here we go, how they were.......
Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-s541056713_1531335_3761.jpg   Time for an update....-s541056713_1531352_8887.jpg   Time for an update....-s541056713_1531345_6775.jpg   Time for an update....-s541056713_1531344_6496.jpg  
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi annie
lovely update!!
glad to hear you are all still loving it!
and wow, your boys are getting big!
fab pics as always,
sue xxxxx
Hi Sue where abouts are you???Haven't been on here for so long, have lost track!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Haha they're not always that gorgeous! Cairns is beautiful! If you're not city people then definately head up that way. It really is an amazingly beautiful place! I'm just trying to find some pics of our boys to see how much they've changed!

Here we go, how they were.......
and how they are now...... (scary)
Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-xmas-37.jpg   Time for an update....-bunya-165.jpg   Time for an update....-bunya-246.jpg  
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:51 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, your photography skills are outstanding, i've really enjoyed going through your pics - are you a pro?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:26 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue where abouts are you???Haven't been on here for so long, have lost track!

still in the uk ... hoping to get out this year, but with our luck im not holding my breath!
xxx
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

still in the uk ... hoping to get out this year, but with our luck im not holding my breath!
xxx
why's it taking so long??? Are you still working teh plus 20 hrs per week?? I was so lucky, after fearing the worst that I hadn't done enough, they took into consideration all teh bank work I'd done! I used to curse at being called in on my days off, but now I'm so grateful! Maybe it was meant to be
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:45 am

why's it taking so long??? Are you still working teh plus 20 hrs per week?? I was so lucky, after fearing the worst that I hadn't done enough, they took into consideration all teh bank work I'd done! I used to curse at being called in on my days off, but now I'm so grateful! Maybe it was meant to be
well, my mum had a stroke in jan 06 so we werent going anywhere as theres really only me who could look after her. we came to aus for a long holiday in may 07 and decided to apply on oh's skills -- only for that tra pathway to be withdrawn. my mum passed away in april 08, and then oh's mum ill and she passed away in june 08. so just trying to get life back on track, financially as well as in other ways ... we are now saving and building my hours up so we can apply on my skills - which should be end of sept.

.. thats providing no other crisis/emmergencies happen along the way!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

well, my mum had a stroke in jan 06 so we werent going anywhere as theres really only me who could look after her. we came to aus for a long holiday in may 07 and decided to apply on oh's skills -- only for that tra pathway to be withdrawn. my mum passed away in april 08, and then oh's mum ill and she passed away in june 08. so just trying to get life back on track, financially as well as in other ways ... we are now saving and building my hours up so we can apply on my skills - which should be end of sept.

.. thats providing no other crisis/emmergencies happen along the way!

Oh my word!!! You've had it all going on! I remember you coming out for a reccie as Deb's told me. Gosh I hope everything now settles so you can get back here! Can't wait to finally meet you! XXXX
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:40 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Annie,

Long time no speak! I just pop on here every now and again to catch up on people's news., so lovely to see your post and hear that all is still going so well. My goodness, your boys are growing up quickly! Dave and I have two little 'uns now (aged 22mths and 5mths) so I am kept pretty busy! Give my love to Debs when you next see her.

Take care, and love to all,
Nicky
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

The thing with ping ponging is you have a real appreciation of what you want. We simply moved to the wrong area! We were just outside of Brisbane - we came from a gorgeous Suffolk village (and I mean seriously gorgeous) so why we ever thought we could live near the city is beyond me! Everytime we got out of the city I just felt I could breath again. Going back to the UK was good tho, it also gave us focus so we could sell teh house and get rid of any ties. Now we simply have nothing to go back for. Our family are moving over this way, as are our friends. Soem friends that can't move over, have already come over for a holiday, and we all keep in touch (facebook) anyway!

Very true. We came back because I was so unhappy and then losing my Mum topped it all off for me. Glad we did come back and realise that we are more focused on what we want as a family not what we should be doing (i.e. staying for family. friends etc). Just cant decide if to just take a leap of faith and go later this year or try and secure work first.

Have eldest daughter from Perth here at mo with her ozzie boyfriend. they are having a great time but go home next weekend God I am gonna find that bit really hard

Its harder this time about going than last in the respect of this recession thingie looming over everyones head

Wanna try Brissy area first as I felt that was where I wante to be when we visited a few years ago but circumstances made us stay in Perth, saying that tho I can see all the good bits of Perth now, so would happily go back there..
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:55 pm

Oh my word!!! You've had it all going on! I remember you coming out for a reccie as Deb's told me. Gosh I hope everything now settles so you can get back here! Can't wait to finally meet you! XXXX
- werent you away or something when we were in bris?
yes, would be nice to finally meet up!
say hi to deb for me ... tell her to send me that email she keeps promising!!
sue x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.