Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

The soap opera continues

The soap opera continues

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute
Default The soap opera continues

Three and a half years in and the ups and downs continue. Right now I'm at the bottom of the loop - hopefully its upwards from here. Some of you might remember the problems I had greeting my daughter over here - well last August we went back on holiday and my daughter fell back in with the old boyfriend and refused to cone back with us. Then when we did get back k to Australia she beings us up - says you're going to be a grandpa and in marrying the boyfriend - oh and don't bother coming to the wedding.

Its been a hard year since then - we have a wonderful new granddaughter who we will get to see in December and we were getting on better with my daughter again. Then yesterday she phones up distraught - her relationship is floundering and its all a huge struggle.

Its incredibly hard being on the other side of the planet as your youngest child seems to be self destructing again. I have to be honest I'm not sure how much longer Australia attractions can keep me here when it seems to be causing my family to break apart.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The soap opera continues

Ouch- that is really tough. I hope you can find a solution.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 8:52 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

How old is your daughter?

things get better.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that! Emigration has a nasty habit of splitting families and if a cohesive family group is important to you then you have to make the hard decisions. Hope you can all get what you want out of what appears, at the moment, to be a right mess!