A six year update......

Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A six year update......

Originally Posted by seang
Like twt's I remember when you posted just before leaving. Well done on the 6 years.
You have been a mainstay of our little online community and long may it continue.
Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:22 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on 6 years Polly

'tolerate' ...ummmmm.... seems like an ideal word for me and Aus also

Keep smilin'

Lee
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
You have been a mainstay of our little online community and long may it continue.
That's a lovely thing to post & I second that!

Just don't be getting too stuck into the MBTUK forum, I need you here for my cyclone warnings!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Nov 1st 2009 at 10:29 am. Reason: Spelling! Doh!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:26 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Great update....and I hope the cyclone season will be a quiet one!!!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
Great update....and I hope the cyclone season will be a quiet one!!!
Well to quote the Bureau....".......Therefore rainfall and flooding should not be as extensive as the past two seasons and a tropical cyclone impact on the east coast is a little less likely........" but as we all know you can't predict the pesky things more than a week or so ahead.
Cyclone Season started yesterday, 1st November

Cyclone preparation info - http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/cyclone/ and http://www.emergency.qld.gov.au/emq/css/beprepared.asp
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:50 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well to quote the Bureau....".......Therefore rainfall and flooding should not be as extensive as the past two seasons and a tropical cyclone impact on the east coast is a little less likely........" but as we all know you can't predict the pesky things more than a week or so ahead.

Cyclone preparation info - http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/cyclone/ and http://www.emergency.qld.gov.au/emq/css/beprepared.asp
Yes...I was only saying to my husband yesterday we need to check our cyclone kit is ready again. We'll be doing that tonight
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Polly,
I know the feeling we have been here six and half years and really want to move on. I think we have given it long enough, Im so unhappy, bored, lonely so been chatting to Dave about moving to Victoria, Im not keen on going back to UK, although I still miss my friends and family heaps, maybe WA just isn't for us.

Congrats on the six years, here's to the next xx

I wasn't going to do this, and for personal reasons I don't want to say much, but I'm feeling reflective, so I ought to write something to mark the occasion as BE has been here for me for so many years.........

31st October 2003 Polly the Witch left Heathrow on Hallowe'en.......

Six years on, I'm still in Brisbane, I still don't feel at home, though I don't hate it as much as I did at one time. I have learnt to tolerate it.
I don't know where I'm going from here, so please don't ask, as an inability to answer may offend Suffice to say I don't regret coming here, nor would I do things differently if I was in the same position again

I have met some of the loveliest, non-judgemental, caring friends I could ever have wished for, both in cyber-land and in reality. You all know who you are, please accept a big THANK YOU

I have a wonderful job which is never the same two shifts running, and which turns from a peaceful haven into a frantic maelstrom as soon as the Bureau of Met say "oooh its thundering a bit over that way......" I work with some great people who have helped me to achieve professional contentment after several years of hard struggle, and they all know how grateful I am.

And I'm sitting here in the quiet and the darkness with stars twinkling, incense and candles burning, some good music on the cd player, and a bottle of wine beside me thinking............where will I be after the next six years?

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs20/f/20...99933e2eac.gif

Put me somewhere east of midnight, West of the turnpike
Anywhere I wander is where I'll take my rest.........
...............and tonight I shall be watching from the shore.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by abergas
Hi Polly,
I know the feeling we have been here six and half years and really want to move on. I think we have given it long enough, Im so unhappy, bored, lonely so been chatting to Dave about moving to Victoria, Im not keen on going back to UK, although I still miss my friends and family heaps, maybe WA just isn't for us.

Congrats on the six years, here's to the next xx
Hiya,
Good to see the old names out there still!
Could be time to try somewhere else as you say maybe its just the State you are in.......
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we had a very very quiet hurricane season this year so maybe you'll follow suit....or not

I have faith you'll keep them all safe mate
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'll not bother to spare Polly's blushes. She is a bit of a star IMVHO on the quiet & deserves all the days of her life to be good ones & all of her nights to be fun. Work depending of course. .

Hiya,

Could be time to try somewhere else
My door is open .NZ did manage a Tsunami warning recently & we do rumble sometimes down here in the Shakey Isles.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on 6years in Australia, well done.

Gems
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:39 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'll not bother to spare Polly's blushes. She is a bit of a star IMVHO on the quiet & deserves all the days of her life to be good ones & all of her nights to be fun. Work depending of course. .
Lots of blushes round here, thanks all of you

Actually being one of those lucky people who loves her job, my nights are fun when I'm at work

Originally Posted by BEVS
My door is open .NZ did manage a Tsunami warning recently & we do rumble sometimes down here in the Shakey Isles.
I will get over to see you, hope you can manage just a little rumble in my honour!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff Polly. 6 years is not a flash in the pan!

Polly I recall your experience in finding work - and the way you got that casual work which translated in to work in the right area, then permanency. The fact a job is better than no job - those nuggets of advice that come down. And the fact that it's in an area you love is great. I'm glad it even trumps the one you had in the UK which you would have wanted to match.

Quite a role-model for some people.

Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:06 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Good stuff Polly. 6 years is not a flash in the pan!

Polly I recall your experience in finding work - and the way you got that casual work which translated in to work in the right area, then permanency. The fact a job is better than no job - those nuggets of advice that come down. And the fact that it's in an area you love is great. I'm glad it even trumps the one you had in the UK which you would have wanted to match.

Quite a role-model for some people.

Thanks - don't these days in Brighton seem sooooo long ago!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:37 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't going to do this, and for personal reasons I don't want to say much, but I'm feeling reflective, so I ought to write something to mark the occasion as BE has been here for me for so many years.........

31st October 2003 Polly the Witch left Heathrow on Hallowe'en.......

Six years on, I'm still in Brisbane, I still don't feel at home, though I don't hate it as much as I did at one time. I have learnt to tolerate it.
I don't know where I'm going from here, so please don't ask, as an inability to answer may offend Suffice to say I don't regret coming here, nor would I do things differently if I was in the same position again

I have met some of the loveliest, non-judgemental, caring friends I could ever have wished for, both in cyber-land and in reality. You all know who you are, please accept a big THANK YOU

I have a wonderful job which is never the same two shifts running, and which turns from a peaceful haven into a frantic maelstrom as soon as the Bureau of Met say "oooh its thundering a bit over that way......" I work with some great people who have helped me to achieve professional contentment after several years of hard struggle, and they all know how grateful I am.

And I'm sitting here in the quiet and the darkness with stars twinkling, incense and candles burning, some good music on the cd player, and a bottle of wine beside me thinking............where will I be after the next six years?

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs20/f/20...99933e2eac.gif

Put me somewhere east of midnight, West of the turnpike
Anywhere I wander is where I'll take my rest.........
...............and tonight I shall be watching from the shore.

In rehab watching the light bulbs flicker not the stars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.