Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Quickie six month update!

Quickie six month update!

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Re: Quickie six month update!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Found out today that the mortgage has been officially approved - our settlement is 20th October and it is all going through
Thats excellent news, well done I am NOT at all jellous lol,

I really miss having my own home I bet you cant wait
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philnorris
Thats excellent news, well done I am NOT at all jellous lol,

I really miss having my own home I bet you cant wait
Financially I am scared but I am excited as well.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:44 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Financially I am scared but I am excited as well.
Great news PP

Just remember - over the years your mortgage will go down [in proportion to salary] whilst rent would keep going up. If you think of it this way you'll feel better

Brilliant news and pleased to bits it's all working out for you. Your mum is your guardian angel I reckon
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Great news PP

Just remember - over the years your mortgage will go down [in proportion to salary] whilst rent would keep going up. If you think of it this way you'll feel better

Brilliant news and pleased to bits it's all working out for you. Your mum is your guardian angel I reckon
This is what is making me upset, I just wish I could tell my Mum everything
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:57 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

This is what is making me upset, I just wish I could tell my Mum everything
She's with you PP...every bit of the way.

She knows what's going on so don't be sad
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
She's with you PP...every bit of the way.

She knows what's going on so don't be sad
Ive been so ill this past week I've wanted my Mum to make me a bed on the sofa and look after me - she always did that.

I think the estate agent thinks I am a miserable bitch, when he called yesterday I could barely manage a few words as my glands are huge and I cant speak without coughing/spluttering.

We move in on Sunday 19th October - anyone in the area is welcome for a beer providing they help with the moving

Today I am excited, tomorrow no doubt I shall be scared but I am looking forward to my new dog.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:52 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been so ill this past week I've wanted my Mum to make me a bed on the sofa and look after me - she always did that.

I think the estate agent thinks I am a miserable bitch, when he called yesterday I could barely manage a few words as my glands are huge and I cant speak without coughing/spluttering.

We move in on Sunday 19th October - anyone in the area is welcome for a beer providing they help with the moving

Today I am excited, tomorrow no doubt I shall be scared but I am looking forward to my new dog.
good luck PP - hope your new pup is a good pooch. Our doggy went missing a week ago today and I miss him horribly
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by islandmom
good luck PP - hope your new pup is a good pooch. Our doggy went missing a week ago today and I miss him horribly
Did he go missing from the garden?

They wont give me my dog until he has been castrated which is fair enough, but I cant wait till he arrives.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Congratulations PP on buying your very own home

We have been in oz now for nearly 3 weeks and have just moved into our rental, its a lovely house but doesnt have much of a garden. it will do for 6 months anyway.

Hope things get better for you - if they can!!! Your first 6 months sound great so far.

Lynn xx
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:27 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did he go missing from the garden?

They wont give me my dog until he has been castrated which is fair enough, but I cant wait till he arrives.
yup he's just disappeared - searched and searched but nthing.

well good luck with you pooch - always best the boys get castrated ..... keeps them out of trouble!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Congratulations PP on buying your very own home

We have been in oz now for nearly 3 weeks and have just moved into our rental, its a lovely house but doesnt have much of a garden. it will do for 6 months anyway.

Hope things get better for you - if they can!!! Your first 6 months sound great so far.

Lynn xx
Thanks Lynn

I have been taken aback by the intense emotions of it all though, I can cry at the slightest thing.

If I see someone that looks like my Dad that is enough to make me cry, I can't even watch Ghost Whisperer on TV

I underestimated how hard everything would be, I underestimated how much I would love it here and be in awe of the wildlife - so the two extremes of emotions frequently have a tug of war in my heart.

Financially things are going to be tight, my wages will pay the mortgage more more or less and we will live of Mr PP's wages. We now have no savings as it has gone on the house and the next three months are going to be tough.

It doesnt help that I have been ill since starting work - picking up infections, swollen glands etc and my boss wanted to send me home yesterday as my neck is still swollen and I have a chesty cough but I am aware of the limited sick pay.

Financially we feel incredibly vulnerable, I dont know why because noone ever helped us in the UK and we have hit rock bottom there. I remember when I was out of work when my Mum died and our rent cheque had bounced, Mr PP had worked 7 days doing the night shift and then worked days as well with 2 hours sleep, they were my darkest hours and I thought there would never be light at the end of the tunnel.

Now when I am feeling wobbly I try to tell myself how far I have come and how nice it will be to have our own house - even if the mortgage payments are nearly $3,000 a month (we only had a 5% deposit).

I just need to get healthy again, everyone in our office is always sick - I have won the crown though for fainting at my desk last week with a high temperature

Anyway, I can't wait to get in and make it my own, I am nervous as I don't know the area and everything is so different but we will get there. We have been to hell and back in the past 3 years - we can manage anything now if we have to.

If anyone is interested in a two bedroom townhouse in Freo, let me know. We don't have to find tenants as we are over our contract but the real estate agency are brilliant and we have had no problems with them, so I can highly recommend them and the townhouse and I would love to find them decent tenants.

PM me if anyone is interested and I can give them more info.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the new house.

My hubby still shits himself about the size of our mortgage. It's just another bill though.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jan
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Congratulations on the new house.

My hubby still shits himself about the size of our mortgage. It's just another bill though.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jan
Thanks Jan.

My wages will cover the mortgage with about 200 dollars left over and we will live of Mr PPs wages which will be hard due to insurances etc. Do you know anything about mortgage protection insurance and if both of us should have it or just one of us?

We sign the mortgage papers on Friday and we get the keys on Sunday 19th October and we get our dog on 20th October.

My pal bought me a kennel for the new dog as a house warming pressie, the kennel is a plastic one and rather nice it is too.

It was assembled in the house yesterday and Gordon the cat has been in it ever since, refusing to come out.

I guess everyone might get nervous with a mortgage - my god it is scary.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have any mortgage insurance and since we bought the house my hubby has been out of work more than he's been in it.

It is a worry but I keep hoping things will improve.

I really miss my dog but won't buy another one while things are so uncertain here job wise. It broke my heart leaving my dog in the UK and I will not leave another one if I have to go back.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by midgetjan
We don't have any mortgage insurance and since we bought the house my hubby has been out of work more than he's been in it.

It is a worry but I keep hoping things will improve.

I really miss my dog but won't buy another one while things are so uncertain here job wise. It broke my heart leaving my dog in the UK and I will not leave another one if I have to go back.
We will get insurance I guess I just need to get some quotes.

Feeling nervous now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.