Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Quickie six month update!

Quickie six month update!

Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quickie six month update!

Originally Posted by northernbird
Congrats Sam. I am coming into the City on Monday if you fancy a coffee. PM me if you can fit me in.
Im meeting the broker at 12noon, shouldnt be long with her, what time will you be there?

Can you all keep your fingers/legs/arms crossed that the finance goes through OK?

Im so nervous. I wonder how long finance takes to go through?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank f*** for that, thought you meant you were going back to Blighty!!!

Glad to hear it's all working out

When's the house warming

And yes, know what you mean about having a home not a big house - we built a big house, yes, it was great having the room but never felt like "home" IYKWIM.... now we're in a much smaller place but it's definitely home...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:57 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Thank f*** for that, thought you meant you were going back to Blighty!!!

Glad to hear it's all working out

When's the house warming

And yes, know what you mean about having a home not a big house - we built a big house, yes, it was great having the room but never felt like "home" IYKWIM.... now we're in a much smaller place but it's definitely home...
Well we signed the forms and they have been sent to the bank today

Oh my, what alot of debt we have.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

tried to give you some k but i have to spread first...!

good luck, and dont worry about the debt - as long as it's manageable you'll be fine
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:53 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, PP!

M
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:15 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell woman ... i had to stop reading when i got to the bit about going home - i was upset for you!!!

but glad i came back and finished reading it ...

congratulations!!!!

sue xxxx
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:05 am

Well its not going smoothly, financial broker 'made an error' in her calulations and some information - which resulted in me losing my rag (long story).

Anyway, the agent called me and felt the brunt of it, Mr PP went in to see the agent as I am now refusing to speak to the broker who I might add has called me all morning taking up valuable time when I have heaps and I mean heaps of work on my desk. Ive only managed to sneak in this quick post and wont be having lunch and will be working late.

After stuttering her apologies and realising her error could cost us the house, I wont answer her calls now as Ive wasted enough time on her.

The agent knew I was angry - the 'quiet anger' people have when they are mega pissed off.

Anyway, Mr PP was in there this morning and the agent said they will 'do anything' to sort it out and get us the house.

If we lose the house, then the broker will lose business for I will sing like a budgie.

Still when were things ever meant to be easy.

And Im extra grumpy as I have been awake since 3am worrying about my best friend who has advanced liver disease and has just had a bone marrow biopsy to test for leukaemia, bloody crying my eyes out all night and when my colleague asked me if I was OK, I was crying - again!

So not the best of days to bugger me about and especially not with money.:curse:
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
It will be six months on 8th September that we have been in Australia.

Still in the same jobs, the usual variety of intense and often painful emotions to deal with.

I keep seeing people that look like my friends/Dad and the more I stare at them the more they morph into them.

Mr PP said he can hear me say certain words with a 'twang' but I beg to differ although when I am drunk my Westcountry accent comes out really strong.

I don't miss England yet I tune in to anything English/British and felt absurdly proud when I saw the handover at the Olympics on TV.

I don't miss any food/shops because I hated shopping anyway. Good hairdressers seem to be at a premium after my hair was well and truly hacked into by some English bird who thought that I would look 'better with short hair' - and now I am scared shitless to get it cut. One guy has told me his wife is a hairdresser and she can do it. However I dont want to help anyone out with their business at the risk of having my hair ruined again so I shall save my pennies and go to the salon opposite my work as they did my hair once and although costly, did a good job.

My asthma is better, I am finally starting to feel healthier after being ill with picking up various germs.

Mr PP still enjoys shopping and has found a nice little Italian supermarket in Freo where the veggies are so cheap so that is him happy, in fact he was in there this morning

However, even though everything is going really well in Fremantle and I love it here, I have really posted this to tell you that we are not staying here and it is time for us to go home.

I feel sick at the thought of moving, moving the cat again, packing our boxes and just moving but there is nothing we can do as it has to be done.

My family can't believe we are leaving either and nor can I really as I have loved it here.

Not to mention the cost, how the bloody hell are we going to finance it? How can I do it again to my cat? We move on 10th October so are packing and ending contracts now etc.

And on that note, I would like to proudly announce that by 'going home' we are actually the new owners of a 3 bedroom house with a big piss off garden about 6km out of Fremantle!

WE HAVE BOUGHT A BLOODY HOUSE!

We had applied for pre-approval and then got the broker checked out, I did my own research and she has got us a brilliant deal with interest. After seeing some properties, we kept coming back to the same one and it felt right the minute I walked in the door.

Dad had phoned me to say he had come out of hospital and the agent rang Mr PP, so they were negotiating with the owner in a 3 way conversation and all of a sudden it was a done deal.

So I said to Dad 'guess what? we have just bought a house' Dad was so excited he couldnt speak.

We paid our deposit yesterday and signed the contract and although it is subject to finance, there shouldnt be a problem and as Mr PP said, if it is meant to be then it is meant to be - if it falls through then so be it.

I wont say any more yet as I dont want to jinx it but we could never have done this in England - it is just more achievable here.

This house isnt a palace, the garden needs some work, the walls need painting so I can see a 'painting party' coming on, Ill supply the beer and the paint

But we dont want a huge house, we want a home and that is what we have got.

There, my update! (fooled ya though didnt I?)
good for you.....had to read twice, hope all go's well for you

Ann
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:20 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You really had me going there. I felt sick when I was reading that you were going "home". Feel yourself spanked!

Keeping fingers crossed now that the mortgage error can be fixed and you get your dream house.

Gina
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You really had me going there. I felt sick when I was reading that you were going "home". Feel yourself spanked!

Keeping fingers crossed now that the mortgage error can be fixed and you get your dream house.

Gina
Lets just say that yesterday I put the phone down on the broker and the cock up is significant (long and detailed story), the broker has said that we need to find another $4,000 in 4 weeks, they also said 'I have worked it out and you can afford it' and then repeated several times that they wanted me to get a bank loan and/or a credit card to raise it.

The agent is not happy about the cock up as he uses this broker, the seller wants early settlement, we cannot raise that amount in a month and it is a stand off. $4,000 is not alot to many people but it is to us.

If I give this broker a spade, then they are going to dig a bigger hole than what they are already in and they KNOW its their fault. I spoke to them today and refused their new offer of a 100 percent mortgage at a much higher rate and said told them that we had been advised wrongly and call the whole thing off because anything they comeup with now will cost us more financially.

They tried to blame me and invented an entire conversation with me and Mr PP who is furious because he knows they didn't and so do I, we both were there.

Anyway, they phoned Mr PP and said 'there has been a misunderstanding' and he replied 'Not on our part' - they went quiet and then started stuttering, unable to get their words out.

The agent said he would 'move heaven and earth' to get us the house, so let us see what happens.

I have no time for inefficiency and when it involves money, then Im afraid I get a touch pissed.

I do like the house and could have seen myself living in it,but shit happens and if we lose it then we shall put it down to experience and move on.

Fingers crossed that we don't and while I was arguing with the broker on the phone at work, Phil Collins record 'don't give up' was on the radio

I haven't revealed if the broker is male or female but suffice to say we are not impressed.

Anyway, do your house dance and let us hope the situation can be resolved and what is meant to be will happen.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Estate Agents and Brokers are all a pain in the bum aren't they! We lost the house we were going for back in March as the Broker "got some figures wrong", and if we had carried on we would ahve been out of money too so called it quits and are just claiming some of our deposit back from them. But even that is a process and a half! Nothing is easy. But I firmly believe whats for you won't pass you by so that house just wasn't for us and you never know we may return to Perth one day too. Well, I am in 2 weeks anyway for a months holiday on my own to see my daughter SIL and grandson Harrison, yippee!

Hope all goes well for you PP, I have my fingers toes and everything else cross for you, good luck and chin up too.

Love
and a cuddle as you deserve it right now with your friend ill too.

Plants
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:50 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you are having hassle Sam - you know what happened to us with a broker - we lost the first house we tried for (we even had a pre-approval cert!). Don`t let them pressurise you into taking finance you are not comfortable with cos they aren`t the ones who have to pay it. If this house is meant to be, then something will come up - remember what I told you about ours???
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Estate Agents and Brokers are all a pain in the bum aren't they! We lost the house we were going for back in March as the Broker "got some figures wrong", and if we had carried on we would ahve been out of money too so called it quits and are just claiming some of our deposit back from them. But even that is a process and a half! Nothing is easy. But I firmly believe whats for you won't pass you by so that house just wasn't for us and you never know we may return to Perth one day too. Well, I am in 2 weeks anyway for a months holiday on my own to see my daughter SIL and grandson Harrison, yippee!

Hope all goes well for you PP, I have my fingers toes and everything else cross for you, good luck and chin up too.

Love
and a cuddle as you deserve it right now with your friend ill too.

Plants
Thank you Plants, its annoying we will lose the building inspection fee though, sets us back a bit in our savings.

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Sorry you are having hassle Sam - you know what happened to us with a broker - we lost the first house we tried for (we even had a pre-approval cert!). Don`t let them pressurise you into taking finance you are not comfortable with cos they aren`t the ones who have to pay it. If this house is meant to be, then something will come up - remember what I told you about ours???
Oh my god, I forgot about the broker doing that to you. Our broker is pushing all the wrong buttons on me and I have banned her from calling.

When she told me to get a loan I snapped at her 'You have the highest interest rate I have ever seen on your personal loans, in the UK I would call you a loan shark'

No way is she going to do this to us and what annoyed me most was when she said 'I have worked out your budget and I know you can afford it'

I like the house, but if its not meant to be then so be it and I look at where you are at this stage in your life and you have got a lovely house - Mr PP has always loved your house and what you have achieved in the hope we could do it one day.

If we have to wait then we have to wait - its a shame because I had already started making enquiries into my possible dog.

Oh yes, are you still OK for me to come round on Sunday?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:58 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't revealed if the broker is male or female but suffice to say we are not impressed.

Re read your post pp you say " her calculations".........sorry ,mm
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by mr mover

Re read your post pp you say " her calculations".........sorry ,mm
Ooops

Yep, it was a woman!

We are still at a stand off, who knows where it will end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.