7 years in Adelaide

Old Oct 22nd 2016, 11:10 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 7 years in Adelaide

Yes, it's that time of year again!

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 1:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: 7 years in Adelaide

Some interesting things happened earlier this year, and you can read all about them in my other update thread, here.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 1:13 pm
Fighting my corner

In March some idiot ran through an intersection and hit Mrs Stampede's car. She escaped with minor bruises, but her car was a writeoff. We had purchased it for $2,450 but insured it for market value, which turned out to be... $4,000!

So we bought an even nicer car to replace it: 1996 Honda Accord, 20th Anniversary edition.

It has an electric sunroof, full leather interior, and climate control, so she's pretty thrilled. Only 165,00km on the clock. Another bargain from Scumtree!
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 1:34 pm
Fighting my corner

We visited NSW in March, where I had been invited to present a series of talks on early Christian history. We stayed with friends in Illawong. The pups had a grand old time playing in our hosts' swimming pool!

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 1:52 pm
Fighting my corner

We finally visited the Big Rocking Horse, and climbed all the way to the top!

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Our faithful Miele G527 dishwasher finally died. We bought it for $50 five years ago, when it was already was 25 years old. It washed brilliantly and never gave us any trouble. I replace it with a G651 SC that I picked up from Scumtree for $100. Long may it live!

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:08 pm
Fighting my corner

The pups scored some groovy haircuts!

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:24 pm
Fighting my corner

I helped to clear a fallen tree off the road on my way to work.

Fortunately the guy in the crane was at the front of the traffic when we all arrived at the tree!
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:43 pm
Fighting my corner

I attended the Uraidla Sustainability Fair, and saw some really cool stuff!

1960 Chrysler New Yorker. 6.8 litre V8, 350HP, push button three speed, power windows, cruise control, swivel front seats, and unibody construction. This one was imported in 1991, and fully restored—right down to the smallest detail.

Had a great chat with the owner: old guy, retired, uses it as his daily driver!
Old Oct 24th 2016, 12:00 am
Fighting my corner

My mother visited us from the UK (she's been there a year now) and babysat the pups while I took Mrs Stampede away for our 11th anniversary. We spent a weekend at Aldgate Valley Bed & Breakfast, which I can highly recommend!

Old Oct 24th 2016, 12:04 am
Fighting my corner

We had our lunches and dinners in Hahndorf:

Old Oct 24th 2016, 12:31 am
Fighting my corner

Burnside Adventure Park!

Old Oct 24th 2016, 1:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years in Adelaide

Glad Mrs Vash was okay after the accident, and nice new car

We visited the Big Rocking horse the first time we had family over - my daughter was attacked by one of the roos in the petting / feeding area who was too keen for the food.

Great photos as always Vash - where were the park ones taken?

Oh any happy Aussieversay
Old Oct 24th 2016, 1:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Onya Vash
Old Oct 24th 2016, 5:39 am
Fighting my corner

Cheers guys.

The park photos were taken in Burnside Adventure Park. Beautiful facilities and extremely well maintained, as you'd expect in the posh end of town.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.