My dull update thread

Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:34 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alfresco's Blog Update

couple of things mate. First don't be put off with recruitment agencies giving you the stock answer of "ever thought about Sydney/ Perth/ Melbourne etc" as they always say this as it makes it easier for them to find you work - if you really love Bris then stick to your guns as something will come up

Secondly just so you know this time of year is the big push up in terms of jobs because organisations want people in place before the Xmas break. A lot of companies close over Xmas and nothing really happens in December & January so you need to really push your applications to get a job secured before the slow down if you can.

Thirdly, see as many recruitment agencies as you can and apply for as many jobs as you can. Chances are you may not get the level of work you are qualified to do as for some reason Aussies prefer Aussy experience so you may need to work yourself up the ladder, which if you're smart you can do pretty quickly. The main thing is to secure a job, any job [within reason]to begin with.

Good luck mate
Old Oct 31st 2010, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
couple of things mate. First don't be put off with recruitment agencies giving you the stock answer of "ever thought about Sydney/ Perth/ Melbourne etc" as they always say this as it makes it easier for them to find you work - if you really love Bris then stick to your guns as something will come up

Secondly just so you know this time of year is the big push up in terms of jobs because organisations want people in place before the Xmas break. A lot of companies close over Xmas and nothing really happens in December & January so you need to really push your applications to get a job secured before the slow down if you can.

Thirdly, see as many recruitment agencies as you can and apply for as many jobs as you can. Chances are you may not get the level of work you are qualified to do as for some reason Aussies prefer Aussy experience so you may need to work yourself up the ladder, which if you're smart you can do pretty quickly. The main thing is to secure a job, any job [within reason]to begin with.

Good luck mate
Cheers Mate,

Yep I realise this. I'm not fussy and have told all agencies so far I'm flexible on rates etc...

The big push will continue this week and I am applying to all and sundry.

Cheers for the help, it's greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:57 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Cheers Mate,

Yep I realise this. I'm not fussy and have told all agencies so far I'm flexible on rates etc...

The big push will continue this week and I am applying to all and sundry.

Cheers for the help, it's greatly appreciated.
Good luck with the job search karma sent your way
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAK
Good luck with the job search karma sent your way
Thanks Mr. Scary dinosaur pumpkin.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Alfresco's Blog Update

Good luck with the job hunting, mate. Had a few dry spells myself this year, so I know how hard it can be.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Good luck with the job hunting, mate. Had a few dry spells myself this year, so I know how hard it can be.
Thanks Vash.

Keeping our heads up.

Our container arrived about an hour ago. Busy offloading the boxes now.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:02 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Our container arrived about an hour ago. Busy offloading the boxes now.
Ooooh . all exciting at yours then!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Ooooh . all exciting at yours then!
Feels like Christmas.

The pool table is already assembled.

Had to go and buy a block of
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:52 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Feels like Christmas.

The pool table is already assembled.

Had to go and buy a block of
Only one block ?!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:57 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Feels like Christmas.

Sod looking for jobs mate, just drink & enjoy the festivities and think of those of us who have to traipse back to the office later...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by expatasia
Sod looking for jobs mate, just drink & enjoy the festivities and think of those of us who have to traipse back to the office later...
Yep. Concentrating on there here and now. Sleeping in a BED for the first time in 2 months. Woo hoo!

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Only one block ?!!!

A few 4 litre boxes of wine too, just in case!

...and our UK cordless phones work here.

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 2nd 2010 at 6:36 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh unpacking, I remember how good that felt
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 6:50 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Nowt broken so far? Anyway the booze will ease the pain...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by expatasia
Nowt broken so far? Anyway the booze will ease the pain...
One glass salad bowl in a pile of glass and cheap B&Q mirror frame came apart at the corners. The glass mirror is still fine, so we'll get that reframed.

Still got lots to open still, but looking good so far.

Beds all assembled and most bulky furniture items in the right places and assembled.

I tell you what though, our wall hanging pictures look miniature in this place.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

What do you think of the area you have moved into ? We our moving to Brissy in Jan Feb time so getting nervous as each day passes lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.