5 Years - Wow

Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:01 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 Years - Wow

I sometimes don't know where the last 5 years have gone. We reached our 5 year anniversary on the 1st August and just a fe months before that proudly accepted our Australian citizenship.

Finally, I can sing the national anthem at school assembly instead of awkwardly mumbling along and not really feeling like I was entitled lol.

We've been in Sydney a little over 18 months now and the first year was tough. Financially, socially and emotionally - it was a difficult time. Last Summer, we decided to embrace the beautiful City we live in and got out and explored and had fun. We ar lucky enough to live within minutes of the bush, 20 minutes of the sea and 10 mins drive to train station into the city so we got out there and were amazed by what we found.

Sydney is expensive and OMG is it cliquey (at least it is here on the North Shore) but it is also exciting and vibrant and there's so much to see and do right on our doorstep.

We've taken up kayaking, bush walking, running & netball and after years of protesting that they hate the beach, the kids are joining nippers next month.

We continue to have lots of work to do on our old house but we're getting there and boy have we acquired some interesting DIY skills along the way - I'm a dab hand at plastering now lol

Lives not all rosy. We have had to deal with significant amounts of illhealth from family members in the UK and the guilt associated with that is something that we'll never be able to reconcile.

We're excited by what Summer will bring us this year - 2012 is definitely a glass half full year for us
Old Aug 29th 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future
Default Re: 5 Years - Wow

Hi Gill .. its amazing how the time flies! ... Its 6 and 1/2 years since that night out in Glasgow. I think the photos are still lurking on here somewhere! Glad to hear things are going well for you. I am living in Queensland, on the Sunshine Coast and I love it here. My son lives in Sydney and I come to visit him ... maybe we could meet up sometime?
Take care Alison x
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:16 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pata
Hi Gill .. its amazing how the time flies! ... Its 6 and 1/2 years since that night out in Glasgow. I think the photos are still lurking on here somewhere! Glad to hear things are going well for you. I am living in Queensland, on the Sunshine Coast and I love it here. My son lives in Sydney and I come to visit him ... maybe we could meet up sometime?
Take care Alison x
Great to hear for you. Definitely let me know when you are in Sydney
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Great update- you are welcome to come and plaster our house anytime!!

I'm on the north shore (upper) with a renovator house, so am kept busy. Sadly I am rubbish at DIY due to the inability to see well and the inability stand on a ladder. (I am the gardener though I leave the slash and burn and lawnmowing to OH.) I'd love to get out and about more now my eyes are a little better.

Must make that resolution and actually do something about it......