Melbourne for 4 years

Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant future
Default Melbourne for 4 years

Hi All

I am updating our settlement in Melbourne. We arrived in Melbourne in February 2008. And how time flies...... As of today, we are just about 4 years and have settled in Melbourne successfully. When we arrived, I was unemployed for 8 months. Once I got a job, things started to fall in place. My wife decided to start a new career 4 years ago. She decided to do a degree in radiography. She graduated in December last year and started to work as an intern this February in order for to register as a qualified radiographer. Kids have settled in well and love every moment in school. As for me I love my work very much.

I have applied for citizenship and will be sitting for the ctizenship test this Wednesday. If all go well, I will be a citizen by June.

I hope my story will give encouragement to new migrants and potential migrants to hang in there and enjoy the ride of migration. There will be ups and downs. But at the end of it, it is all worth it.

Regards
Mikail
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:57 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne for 4 years

Fantastic! Melbourne's great isn't it?

Citizenship is a breeze btw for anyone slightly intelligent.

BB
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Mikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant future

I went to the DIAC on Wednesday. I had to wait for 30 minutes before being called up at the counter. The DIAC officer checked the documentations. This took about 20 minutes as my application wass accompanied with 3 children. After verification, the officer took a picture for the database and then I was ushered to a room to do my citizenship test. It was a breeze. I answered the 20 questions in about 5 minutes and everything was over. Now I have to wait for 60 days for a ceremony at my local council.

Regards
Mikail
Old Mar 31st 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Daeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really nice

Thank you for the update, and also for the citizenship reassurance, it's so nice to hear real personal experiences.

Wishing you good luck for the future!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Today we receive letters from DIAC informing us of our citizenship ceremony. It is scheduled to be held at our local council on 9 May 2012.
We are looking forward to receiving our citizenship certificates. Then we will apply for the Australian passports.

Mikael
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't you previously apply for citizenship? I'm guessing it was rejected and money lost if you did.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

I decided to wait for my better half to qualify so that we can apply together. The date for her to be able to qualify for citizenship application was February this year.

Regards
Mikail
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

empty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mikail
Hi All

I am updating our settlement in Melbourne. We arrived in Melbourne in February 2008. And how time flies...... As of today, we are just about 4 years and have settled in Melbourne successfully. When we arrived, I was unemployed for 8 months. Once I got a job, things started to fall in place. My wife decided to start a new career 4 years ago. She decided to do a degree in radiography. She graduated in December last year and started to work as an intern this February in order for to register as a qualified radiographer. Kids have settled in well and love every moment in school. As for me I love my work very much.

I have applied for citizenship and will be sitting for the ctizenship test this Wednesday. If all go well, I will be a citizen by June.

I hope my story will give encouragement to new migrants and potential migrants to hang in there and enjoy the ride of migration. There will be ups and downs. But at the end of it, it is all worth it.

Regards
Mikail
Would you mind sharing, why did you think it took better part of 8 months to secure the first job? Do you think it is reasonable time frame for a migrant to secure a job?

Also I wonder how did you manage your financials during this period.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by empty
Would you mind sharing, why did you think it took better part of 8 months to secure the first job? Do you think it is reasonable time frame for a migrant to secure a job?

Also I wonder how did you manage your financials during this period.
Hi Empty
Once you are committed to settle down, everything will work out well. The operative word is "commitment"....

Mikail
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Commitment in settling down means you would have sold off properties and brought all money you have earned in life, so that transition would have had smooth at least financially!! Or you are merely referring to sheer mental state of being committed?
Old Apr 21st 2012, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by empty
Commitment in settling down means you would have sold off properties and brought all money you have earned in life, so that transition would have had smooth at least financially!! Or you are merely referring to sheer mental state of being committed?
Mental commitment is utmost important.......as compared to financial commitment.

mikail
Old May 9th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Today we receive letters from DIAC informing us of our citizenship ceremony. It is scheduled to be held at our local council on 9 May 2012.
We are looking forward to receiving our citizenship certificates. Then we will apply for the Australian passports.

Mikael
Today, 9 May 2012, is our citizenship ceremony day. The whole family (wife, myself and 3 kids) attended the ceremony and as of today, we are officially Australians. The next step will be to apply for our passports.

Mikail
Old May 9th 2012, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Daeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really nice

Congratulations Mikail!

That's excellent news for you and your family
Old May 10th 2012, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daeria
Congratulations Mikail!

That's excellent news for you and your family
Thanks. All the best to you and family too. May you and family have a good trip to Australia and Happy Settling in Australia.

Regards
Mikail

Last edited by Mikail; May 10th 2012 at 11:48 am.
Old May 11th 2012, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Today, 9 May 2012, is our citizenship ceremony day. The whole family (wife, myself and 3 kids) attended the ceremony and as of today, we are officially Australians. The next step will be to apply for our passports.

Mikail
Congratulations on becoming Australian!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.