Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

From London to Melbourne in 5000 posts!

From London to Melbourne in 5000 posts!

Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: From London to Melbourne in 5000 posts!

Hey now that's a great update. I've been in Mordy (with wife and daughter) 3 months now and even though it's only a short time, am beginning to understand your enthusiasm for the place (both local and Vic in general). Me? I feel very relaxed here. It's top.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:32 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Nothing to do with privacy. I had a very nasty experience on another forum discussing house building with other English people (JonD will remember it - he was one of the kind people who supported me) and I'm not going to repeat it!

BB

That's a shame because judging by your other posts it would be full of valuable info for expats and locals alike...

Great update, really enjoyed it !
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buzzy

Sounds like all's well in Buzzyland! Glad you got the house built - I'd heard you ended up building in Mordy, so what happened to the other place?

We're building but not attempting to do it ourselves! It's been bad enough having to make all the colour decisions let alone anything else.

Mordy would be my second choice too, nice town, beach and not too far from the city but alas we couldn't afford it there now, maybe if we had bought when we first arrived!

Must catch-up sometime!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buzzy bee
great update! I've read many of your recce / arrival posts. Lovely to see how you have built your own house too. I like your self- contained unit idea.
I've seen the house prices sky rocket in the the 7 yrs I've been on BE and travelling to Melbourne. There's no way most of us could afford to buy a house in Bayside now,( which is where I'd like to have a house).
I really wanted to live in Melbourne , unfortunately we couldn't get an OZ visa but managed to get one for NZ and have been living here since Oct. 2007. I try to visit my friends in Melbourne twice a year which is great, I still love the place.
Thank you for taking the time to write your update.
Helen
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: From London to Melbourne in 5000 posts!

Originally Posted by koalakim
Glad you got the house built - I'd heard you ended up building in Mordy, so what happened to the other place?
We ended up selling that piece of land for a couple of reasons - Mrs Buzzy felt moderately settled in Mordialloc and I didn't want to unsettle her again. Also while we owned the land the Eastlink opened and the road noise increased quite a lot - where we are now is so quiet that if we're out in the garden and someone drives past we look up to see who it is!

Yep must catch up if you're ever up this way, I thought I caught a glimpse of you two in a furniture shop at the new shopping centre on the corner of Cranbourne road a few weeks ago but you were too distant for me to be sure...

Glad you're still enjoying your new lives!

BB
Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buzzy

Shame about the land after you put so much thought into planning the house to go on it but glad it all worked out in the end.

Was that at Frankston Power Center shops? Then quite possibly as we are often in Harveys eyeing up sofas!

Hope to catch up soon!

KK