living in toowoomba

Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

tina24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default living in toowoomba

hi everyone just joined this site and thought id let you know how we are getting on in oz,. we ( husband and son, 2 grown up sons still in leeds) arrived at brisbane airport in august 2007 to live in toowoomba which is 2 hours away from brissy, ( husbands sister sponsored us and lives there) well 3 years in and we would gladly like to move to the sunshine coast in a new york min! the people of woomba are -ok im going to tell the truth because im from leeds, awful awful and god awful, not friendly at all ,. ive actually met folk from leeds and surrounding areas that say exactly the same! if you are stuck up , rich , clickey , homo phobic, rascist, small minded , then this is the place for you , the gov have a deal with the press there to make sure that nothing is reported on crime , drug issues ect.. so their reputation of being a pretty garden city isnt ruined! ozz is a fab place but do your research on towns and citys of your choice .
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:08 am
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice
Smile Re: living in toowoomba

hiya i know exactly what you mean. we have been living in australia for nearly 6 yrs now and we also started out in toowoomba. we lived there for about 9 months. 9 lllllooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggg months i might add. we live on the coast now, mountain creek, so as i say i know exactly what you are going through.
julie
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:15 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living in toowoomba

i think jen1977ni lives there too?
Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

I worked there and must admit not the best place on earth, all i remember was driving around and smelling cow poo due to the vast amount of cattle that is transported through the area.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:24 am
Just Joined

tina24 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that support julie i thought i was going mad or had a chip on my shoulder ha ha ! anyhoo we are desperatley looking for gas fitting jobs for the hubby and retail and dressmaking jobs for me at the coast or nearby ( even though i was busy up to xmas making formal frocks ( proms) for the spoilt rich girls in woomba, and i must say being a mixed race 47 year old i didnt think i would get any customers but once they hear my mel b accent they realise im not aboriginal after all, isnt that awful , they treat them like dirt here .. only in toowoomba though,.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tina24
thanks for that support julie i thought i was going mad or had a chip on my shoulder ha ha ! anyhoo we are desperatley looking for gas fitting jobs for the hubby and retail and dressmaking jobs for me at the coast or nearby ( even though i was busy up to xmas making formal frocks ( proms) for the spoilt rich girls in woomba, and i must say being a mixed race 47 year old i didnt think i would get any customers but once they hear my mel b accent they realise im not aboriginal after all, isnt that awful , they treat them like dirt here .. only in toowoomba though,.
I wouldn't be so sure of that last statement. Their treatment, and people's attitudes to them are pretty terrible in many other parts of Aus too. including Brisbane.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:05 am
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice

Originally Posted by tina24
dont worry you are not going mad. not much work on the coast at the moment sorry but if there is anything i can do to help just ask
kind regards
julie
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:43 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
i think jen1977ni lives there too?
She does, I believe she looks like this (now). and is a fully fledged bogan. Just saying like.

<<<<<legs it>>>>>
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:47 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

HAHA I've just seen this thread, SC YOU'RE FOR IT! Yes they are quite large up here, but I've been going to the gym at least three times a week since July and am pretty toned etc now, so NER!!! LOL

Anyhoo back to it, my OH and I have lived in The Big TW nearly a year now, and though it wasn't our choice to live here (OH transferred from the British into the Aussie Army and this is our first posting) I have experienced NONE of what the above posters have. Toowoomba has it's problems, like everywhere else, and yes it's VERYYYYY BOGAN but the people, generally have been absolutely lovely! I'm a teacher and have worked in some FANTASTIC schools, the kids have been fab, the staff fab and generally I have been blown away by how welcoming people have been! Yes there are things I'd change about TW, I'd move it to the coast for a start and I'd put a bit more water in its rivers so that we could fish more often, but hey ho, apart from that, it's been spot on. The way we look at it, we could've ended up in Darwin for our first posting, and climate wise, and other things, that would've been hell!!!

Anyhoo, rant over, I'd be interested to know where the above posters have lived in TW, as it has some relatively dodgy spots! Luckily, being Defence we ended up in a great area with lovely neighbours, but if you chose the wrong place in this city, it'd be HELL!!!

(SC - go check the tyres on your car, that hiss might be a snake, but on the other hand...)
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:01 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
HAHA I've just seen this thread, SC YOU'RE FOR IT! Yes they are quite large up here, but I've been going to the gym at least three times a week since July and am pretty toned etc now, so NER!!! LOL

Anyhoo back to it, my OH and I have lived in The Big TW nearly a year now, and though it wasn't our choice to live here (OH transferred from the British into the Aussie Army and this is our first posting) I have experienced NONE of what the above posters have. Toowoomba has it's problems, like everywhere else, and yes it's VERYYYYY BOGAN but the people, generally have been absolutely lovely! I'm a teacher and have worked in some FANTASTIC schools, the kids have been fab, the staff fab and generally I have been blown away by how welcoming people have been! Yes there are things I'd change about TW, I'd move it to the coast for a start and I'd put a bit more water in its rivers so that we could fish more often, but hey ho, apart from that, it's been spot on. The way we look at it, we could've ended up in Darwin for our first posting, and climate wise, and other things, that would've been hell!!!

Anyhoo, rant over, I'd be interested to know where the above posters have lived in TW, as it has some relatively dodgy spots! Luckily, being Defence we ended up in a great area with lovely neighbours, but if you chose the wrong place in this city, it'd be HELL!!!

(SC - go check the tyres on your car, that hiss might be a snake, but on the other hand...)

p.s -seen your new pics on fb and you look fab sweetie xxx
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:21 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

p.s -seen your new pics on fb and you look fab sweetie xxx
HAHA no I don't, I'm still a minger and need about 5kg off, but hey ho, I'm doing summit about it, been going to the gym five days a week since finishing school and it feels gooooood lol (Weirdly - must be a quarter/mid-life crisis lol )
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

and I'd put a bit more water in its rivers so that we could fish more often,
I honestly can't believe you actually wrote that on the 9th. Can I take it that the following days are down to you and you alone???????????
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I honestly can't believe you actually wrote that on the 9th. Can I take it that the following days are down to you and you alone???????????
OOPS!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:35 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

OOPS!
Silence from the OP?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Silence from the OP?

hope all is ok x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.