Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

'A little less DAUNTED in Oz - The first five years!'

'A little less DAUNTED in Oz - The first five years!'

Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 'A little less DAUNTED in Oz!'

mandy,
what a fab couple of heart warming & tear jurking (in a nice way) posts
its soooo nice to hear you're all settling in well, & wish you all the luck for the future.

lisa
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default Re: Emotional overload revisited - 3 months on!

wow..what a great thread..
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi Mandy

Here is some sympathy, get plenty of ice on it. Karma sent

minibelle
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolylew
mandy,
what a fab couple of heart warming & tear jurking (in a nice way) posts
its soooo nice to hear you're all settling in well, & wish you all the luck for the future.

lisa
Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
wow..what a great thread..
Originally Posted by minibelle
Hi Mandy

Here is some sympathy, get plenty of ice on it. Karma sent

minibelle
Thanks everyone!
I seem to have avoided a full blown black eye with just a slight bruise - it still feels sore though Hey ho! better have some icecream - that will make me feel better hey
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
Thanks everyone!
I seem to have avoided a full blown black eye with just a slight bruise - it still feels sore though Hey ho! better have some icecream - that will make me feel better hey
How did you manage that Mandy? I thought only I managed stupid things in the kitchen like sticking my hand to a very hot pan when someone spoke to me!!

Hope it gets better soon.
Nicky
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
How did you manage that Mandy? I thought only I managed stupid things in the kitchen like sticking my hand to a very hot pan when someone spoke to me!!

Hope it gets better soon.
Nicky
Oh you know the story - big function on at work today and so chiller full to bursting point. I reached up to get box of lettuce down and knocked teh butter off which some idiot had stacked up tot he damned roof!!!

you are not alone in putting your fingers soemwehre they shouldnt be! I once put my finger into a full bratt pan to see if oil was hot enough to fry the chips!! Thankfully it wasnt
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Well bledding h3ll babe, you got me yelling with your tales of just as you were leaving. You have been so darn positive thoughout all of your application and everything on here. You are one h3ll of a person and you'll always be a Lancashire lass at heart, some of the phrases you've used are just sooooo funny i've always loved reading your posts and feel kinda sad that we're not moving to Bunbury, what wi you, aston and Jazzys all over that side it must be absolutely hilarious the majority of time!!!

Anyway coupld of quick questions for you that are playing on me mind. How is the website going? Is your mum etc ok with it? And just for the record which limo company did you use? Just for future ref as we are planning on booking the b1tch but just incase we can't we certainly don't want to use the same fella who was supposed to pick you up!!!#
Thanks again for fantastic postings and i hope your eye gets better soon
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

So did you get to meet JB then?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vickys
Well bledding h3ll babe, you got me yelling with your tales of just as you were leaving. You have been so darn positive thoughout all of your application and everything on here. You are one h3ll of a person and you'll always be a Lancashire lass at heart, some of the phrases you've used are just sooooo funny i've always loved reading your posts and feel kinda sad that we're not moving to Bunbury, what wi you, aston and Jazzys all over that side it must be absolutely hilarious the majority of time!!!

Anyway coupld of quick questions for you that are playing on me mind. How is the website going? Is your mum etc ok with it? And just for the record which limo company did you use? Just for future ref as we are planning on booking the b1tch but just incase we can't we certainly don't want to use the same fella who was supposed to pick you up!!!#
Thanks again for fantastic postings and i hope your eye gets better soon
Thanks yeah my Mum is good with the website - though some days i have worried it may not go down too well - decided that if im gonna do it may as well do it properly and truthfully hey?
I cant remember the name of the limo company - they were recommended to me but were based in Burnley. There is one in Blackburn near the Tennis Dome which is apparantly very good - but who knows after my experience My eye is good thanks - just got a bit of a yellow bruise

Originally Posted by bridie
So did you get to meet JB then?
Not in person but BOY did we know he was there
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info Mandy i'll look them up whenever we get the bleeding visa
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RANT RANT RANT -- ok today i am fed up. fed up of being young free and single, appearing in control when i really just want to lose control! hey ho!! off we go ..........rant over - normal service resumed
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vickys
Thanks for the info Mandy i'll look them up whenever we get the bleeding visa
Hi Vickys, just reading through the forum and just read that you havent got your visa through yet!!!! Can you tell me when you had your medicals as weve just had ours last week and just wondered how long you have now been waiting.

Thanks
Jane
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pinkjane8
Hi Vickys, just reading through the forum and just read that you havent got your visa through yet!!!! Can you tell me when you had your medicals as weve just had ours last week and just wondered how long you have now been waiting.

Thanks
Jane
Of course babe, we actually had them done on the 4th Jan, they we're sent off 7 days later (time it took for blood test results to come back) but we had decided to get them done for ourselves we hadn't actually been requested for them at the time. As for waiting, i spoke to our agent and apparently we haven't got a CO, we got our FRN and full ack on 21st Jan, we are still waiting our CO. Our agent thinks that we should get our visa by the end of April hopefully. When did you apply? Would you mind pm'ing me instead,i'm just concious that this is mandy'spost and we are going off topic slightly. Are you going through an agent? What type of visa are you applying for??
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
RANT RANT RANT -- ok today i am fed up. fed up of being young free and single, appearing in control when i really just want to lose control! hey ho!! off we go ..........rant over - normal service resumed
whaddya mean young?!

sorry, couldnt resist, i'm kidding of course

hope the rant helped
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
whaddya mean young?!

sorry, couldnt resist, i'm kidding of course

hope the rant helped
LOL, she's young at heart!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.