The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old May 26th 2010, 8:15 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Pongo?! Wassat? lol
Pongo = soldier from " everywhere the Army goes the PONG GOES too"

congrats on job
Old May 28th 2010, 8:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Well yesterday I had a fab first day of teaching in Oz, today though, well, hmmmm you could tell it was a school in a less than favourable part of Toowoomba....WINE PLEASE!!!
Old May 28th 2010, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well yesterday I had a fab first day of teaching in Oz, today though, well, hmmmm you could tell it was a school in a less than favourable part of Toowoomba....WINE PLEASE!!!

Good on yer.
Old May 28th 2010, 8:26 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Good on yer.
Hmmm and I'm back at 'that' school on Monday too, and they're talking about a long-term contract, I think I might be washing my hair the rest of next week lol
Old May 28th 2010, 9:44 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm and I'm back at 'that' school on Monday too, and they're talking about a long-term contract, I think I might be washing my hair the rest of next week lol
They saw you coming!! And are already planning to reel you in!

Hopefully you'll have so many offers soon that you can stall on the long-term contract until something better comes along x
Old May 28th 2010, 10:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by myrtle1
They saw you coming!! And are already planning to reel you in!

Hopefully you'll have so many offers soon that you can stall on the long-term contract until something better comes along x
Well I have had to turn down 2 bookings as I was already booked and another school has booked me for mid-June so, fingers crossed. That's after letting only 5 schools know this week that my Rego had been finalised. Still at least another 20 to notify! HERE'S HOPING!!!
Old May 30th 2010, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

Well I have had to turn down 2 bookings as I was already booked and another school has booked me for mid-June so, fingers crossed. That's after letting only 5 schools know this week that my Rego had been finalised. Still at least another 20 to notify! HERE'S HOPING!!!
hi jen glad to hear ot is going well for you, a quick question did you apply for teacher employment and are you with tracer agency
Old May 30th 2010, 9:07 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by mark wool
hi jen glad to hear ot is going well for you, a quick question did you apply for teacher employment and are you with tracer agency
Yup I had my Teacher Applicant Centre stuff in with them the week prior to receiving my rego, then I phoned them that morning with my rego number and they had my TAC stuff finalised that day! I joined Tracer that day too, and started driving round the schools with my CV and telling them I was available, one school has even booked me as far ahead as the 22nd June?! lol Your wife had much luck yet?
Old May 31st 2010, 6:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Back at that school again today, today's class weren't so bad but they have the potential to be little horrors. Decided not to take on the long-term contract at this school as to be honest, it's rough and I'd rather continue to do relief work til I'm more familiar with the Australian Education system and with Simon working all over Australia at various courses etc I'd prefer the freedom of being able to take a Friday off here or there to fly to be with him. I had hoped I'd only be in today but they've asked me to come in the rest of the week til they can find someone else, I said I would as they are quite desperate, ROLL ON FRIDAY IS ALL I CAN SAY!!! LOL

CV drop postponed til next week...
Old May 31st 2010, 6:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Back at that school again today, today's class weren't so bad but they have the potential to be little horrors. Decided not to take on the long-term contract at this school as to be honest, it's rough and I'd rather continue to do relief work til I'm more familiar with the Australian Education system and with Simon working all over Australia at various courses etc I'd prefer the freedom of being able to take a Friday off here or there to fly to be with him. I had hoped I'd only be in today but they've asked me to come in the rest of the week til they can find someone else, I said I would as they are quite desperate, ROLL ON FRIDAY IS ALL I CAN SAY!!! LOL

CV drop postponed til next week...
Just think of it as looking good on the Resume, Aussie experience, especially in tough schools will go down well. Have fun You'll love them by the end of the week.
Old May 31st 2010, 7:37 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just think of it as looking good on the Resume, Aussie experience, especially in tough schools will go down well. Have fun You'll love them by the end of the week.
Ha, just did a search in the Toowoomba Chronicle website and it appears I'm not the only one having problems with the school, according to the newspaper bullying and assaults are rife and nothing is done about it! It'll not be long before they're bullying me for my lunch money!!! EEEK!!!
Old May 31st 2010, 8:42 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Just had a phonecall from a local private school asking me to work today, I HAD TO TURN THEM DOWN!!! GUTTED.COM!!!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well, we've been here four months today, how mad is that?! And what an eventful 4 months it's been!

Not sure if you all remember but I left my ipod nano, DS Lite and 8 games on the plane when we moved here, DOH! Well I finally submitted my insurance claim with 'Go Walkabout', it took forever to get Simon's bank to give us a statement to prove purchase of ipod. Anyhoo, they processed the claim this week and have advised it's all aok so today I went out, counted my chickens before they hatched, and bought a DSi XL, a new nano and one game. Fingers crossed they give me the full amount, but I'm sure if they don't it'll be close to it! So nice to have 'my stuff' back again, it made me so angry that whoever came across it all wasn't good enough to return it, but hey ho, not everyone's honest eh!

So in conclusion, I'd highly recommend Go Walkabout...they've been really professional throughout and been very patient waiting for me to finally submit all of the paperwork!

Old Jun 5th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Aw all's well that ends well,so let's hope they pay out in full then otherwise your bank account will be a few dollars lighter You silly moo though for leaving them on the plane,my OH left his sunnies and they met the same fate but did get paid out from good ole' insurance.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by shirlw
Aw all's well that ends well,so let's hope they pay out in full then otherwise your bank account will be a few dollars lighter You silly moo though for leaving them on the plane,my OH left his sunnies and they met the same fate but did get paid out from good ole' insurance.
Ha well no, I've not indulged fully just yet, at least another 7 games worth which I'm holding out on til they put the money in my bank account lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.