homesick

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:00 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: homesick

Originally Posted by bluekipper
I think people contemplating emmigration should read these threads as you should never underestimate your feelings once you move overseas.

I think that a majority of ppl who emmigrate go thru these depressive moods,, which in turn affects the whole family (how can it not),,its all part of the settling in process,if you allow it to be! its a learning curve,,your out of your comfort zone away from everything familiar, how can this NOT affect your state of mind!

I too envy those who never go thru these depressive moods when they move,, just goes to show were all so different,,and there are no right or wrong ways to settle in a new place,,the only way is thru time,, the longer you are there the more familiar it will become and your routine soon comes with that! the hardest bit is having no history were you are,,you cant walk down a certain street & say `I had a aunt who lived there` or `theres my old school` etc (do ya get me) so of course there are no roots until you lay them,which again takes time,, for our kids it can happen! they can develop good strong roots over time.

I really hope you get some help and try to make it work,, as like me you WILL regret going bk the UK

Good luck in whatever you decide mate\

Bluekipper

youve hit the nail on the head and i couldnt agree more, im almost 6 months in, its been bloody hard but its getting easier x
Old Dec 20th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: homesick

Thanks for that! yes I know all about homesickness, i got it bad when I was there,so much so that I talked each and everyone of my family into moving bk to the UK

You live & learn,,It also was a bad time for us with other things happening bk in the UK whilst we were in OZ.

My BEST advice is stick it out,build up a good supply of mates,, get out & about, dont argue with your hubby he will be your life saver! just appreciate what your going thru & that its so so normal,,but however low your feeling please get help, you should never suffer this day & age, not with all the help out there,ie-medication, talking therapies etc etc.

Stay positive

I so wish I`d have stayed, worked thru my homesickness, got help, (thought I knew it all with my counselling/holistic therapy background),,,then set up a service all based around homesicness,change & settling in etc etc

Bluekipper