First weeks in Cairns

Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
So pleased you have your family joining you at last, been bloody ages, i always say i would like some peace and a break from the kids (we have 4, but 3 are very young) but i couldnt go a few months without them... good for you on living your dream but excellent news on the family joining you at last.... GO FOR IT.....

Trudi, sorry i missed that you booked the flights been off for a while cos been packing etc... (bloody nightmare) xxxx hopefully see you in Cairns, when we stay at yours for our 4 wk hols!!!!! xxxx S-j xxx
S-J you will be most welcome would be lovely to meet you at last love. Keep up the good work xx
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:14 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi glad you had a good weekend see you just never know do you these reviews are hitty missy. Well Ive booked the flights and we arrive on 10th of january so will be manic till we get there loads of time wasters viewing our home but there might be a buyer lurking somewhere among them. Im going to book us into the allseasons resort near bayview heights for 4 weeks to give us time to find a rental. How is work going now any gossip? Im a bit nervous about the job but looking forward to getting settled and enjoying our time if we can. I need an apprenticeship for Jamie my son hes doing an electrical installation course at the moment so any contacts please let me know. Glad you are going to be reunited with your babies and hubby I think its just what you need. Take care keep in touch xx Trudi
hi Trudi
do you know the hospital will put you up for the first two weeks at their expense and you should get money towards relocation costs...doesn't matter if your not sponsored anyone relocating from more than 100 km away can claim, the accommodation is pretty nice too! they will also collect you from the airport!
can't help with electrician stuff I'm afraid my hubbys a chippy. Nurse katy's OH is the one to talk to about electrics.
Work is good, people are so friendly and welcoming, it's still nerve wracking but that's true of any new job and I'm slowly getting the hang of it
Enjoy these last few months you have in the UK and I'll look forward to meeting you when you get here in Jan

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Oct 9th 2007 at 1:17 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Hi Wardy2

Anymore developments on your side. Will have to meet up when we get out there..sounds like we are looking to live in same areas..Trinity Beach, Kewarra etc.. My employer has had his part if the visa back so can get on with mine now..at least it means it's moving. Fortunately he is flexible with my start date of march..I think may be more like May.

How are you getting on with your plans???
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Wannabaussienurse

So glad to hear your family are going out to you..I have been following your posts. I may have to come out alone initially but havn't got kids so will be easier than it has been for you.

Glad you enjoyed Mission Beach, I love Mission beach and Port Douglas is my favourie place. Things will get better. We have a house to sell too and that is the worse part. To waste weeks and weeks and then the house sale fall through must be so hard. Sounds like you are doing well. I admire your courage.

When we get a few more Brits over there we should have a few get togethers, BBQ's etc as there are a few now on expats that are moving out to Cairns..what do you think? I work in medical area..but will be private as a Podiatrist...mainly treating lower limb sports injuries though.

Keep posting on here..good to see how you are getting on...keep your chin up..
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:40 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Wannabaussienurse

So glad to hear your family are going out to you..I have been following your posts. I may have to come out alone initially but havn't got kids so will be easier than it has been for you.

Glad you enjoyed Mission Beach, I love Mission beach and Port Douglas is my favourie place. Things will get better. We have a house to sell too and that is the worse part. To waste weeks and weeks and then the house sale fall through must be so hard. Sounds like you are doing well. I admire your courage.

When we get a few more Brits over there we should have a few get togethers, BBQ's etc as there are a few now on expats that are moving out to Cairns..what do you think? I work in medical area..but will be private as a Podiatrist...mainly treating lower limb sports injuries though.

Keep posting on here..good to see how you are getting on...keep your chin up..
Thanks for those words of encouragement, it has been a hard few months but only a couple more weeks to wait!! I just hope they like it when they get here
Those get togethers sound good to me
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Get togethers will be great. When we get out there we will put another post on and see if we can arrange something..a barbie at ours will be a definate to celebrate finally getting there!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Count me in!
Im looking forward to meeting everyone. At least we will have some things in common to chat about.
Keep in touch
cheers Trudi
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:35 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wardy2

Anymore developments on your side. Will have to meet up when we get out there..sounds like we are looking to live in same areas..Trinity Beach, Kewarra etc.. My employer has had his part if the visa back so can get on with mine now..at least it means it's moving. Fortunately he is flexible with my start date of march..I think may be more like May.

How are you getting on with your plans???
Hi

Yes we have developments but only small steps went for meds and hubby had to go for further investigations re his heart and have extra bloods been given the all clear he has been put on medication and meds go of today a month after having them.

Longest month of my life was hoping to be there in Jan ready for new school year but may hold of til May my youngest son wants to go on his end of football season tour to Marbella and I would really like him to go I think it would be a lovely end to his 6 years at his club.

Keep the barbie warm though.

Kaye x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Trudi and Wardy,

Sorry to hear Wardy that you aren't going to be out there yet..I agree, would be nice for your son to finish his football tour (sounds great). We may notbe there until after March..don't think visa will come through that quick. I am holding off on medicals as soon as I can so I can lose a bit of weight!!! I have slightly high B>P. My G.P has been very good, has put me on extra meds to try to get it down for the medicals bless him.

I have all the forms and documents I need now so just have to wait until my employer gets his part of te visa confirmed, then send mine off. I have heard that regional sponsored visas are quick but who knows!!

Would be great to get some people together thAt are in the same boat out there...if we get there for May I will just have to do another BBQ!!!
Liz
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that regional sponsored visas are quick but who knows!!
You heard right, but who knows is also right.
Hope you're getting organised.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Bix

Lets hope that "who know is wrong" and that I did hear right...sending my forms off next week so we will see. You are invited to our BBQ when we finally get out there..need someone to show me how to cook BBQ food Aussie style..or any style come to think of it. Will try to get Trish up for that weekend too..look at me getting ahead of myself..have to think positive I think.

I look on this site too much..try only to look at posisitve comments..far too many negative comments about Oz from people wanting to return. i think if England was that great then they wouldn't have even thought about emigrating to oz in the first place..a simplified view of things!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Reckon you'll be getting that visa quicker than you think. But time will tell so go with the flow. What I do know is that you will not feel ready when you it does come along so get as much done as you can now.

The site has always had it's share of negative and positive posters and it goes a bit like swings and roundabouts. Just remember the story from both sides are from personal experiences. Your personal experience is all that will matter to you at the end of the day.

The forum is much like a newspaper. It's the bad news that makes the headlines and sells papers. The good news is not talked about so much.
This really is a trait of us Brits.

Some people find a silver lining in every cloud.
Some people find a cloud for every silver lining.

All I know is that dwelling on negatives stops you developing and going forward. There are always options.
Learn from the negative and turn it into a positive.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wonderful words of wisdom Bix and I agree with every word...better get doing some car boot sales!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wonderful words of wisdom Bix and I agree with every word...better get doing some car boot sales!!
Bix you are so wise, Im sick of car boot sales Im sitting here and the weeks are ticking by its going to be one big panic in between xmas and new year I hope I can hire a big skip to get rid of all my junk you never know when you are going to need something you know!!
Im starting to get bits and pieces mozzy spray etc to take with me.The fact that I will be homeless hasnt sunk in yet.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes, the homeless part..wierd. We will have to stay in holiday place or motel and hope we find somewhere to let pretty quickly..with a dog!! My partner keeps saying"do you realise I am giving up a good career to go to Oz" and sometimes I do think "what are we doing?" I guess we wouldn't be doing it if we didn't think it was right...have you got family going with you sophjam?? What will you be doing there and where do you hope to be living..what area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.