First weeks in Cairns

Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:14 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by soapy
hi k, just get up early and head out for breakfast and then start looking for nice things for your house. try to enjoy it, because at the mo you know you cant change it.
i bet when the family arrives you will be wishing you had the weekends to yourself now and again lol
Cheers Soapy, I took your advice and began some major retail therapy last weekend...feel better already!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:16 pm

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ronnie and Deb
Hi we are hoping to move to cairns early next year and i have been a nurse for almost 23 years with most of my experience on Casualty, are they looking for nurses in your hospital do you know
Yes they are still recruiting, you can make contact via queensland health or just contact the hospital directly, i can give you an email address of the relevent person if you want it
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Cheers Soapy, I took your advice and began some major retail therapy last weekend...feel better already!
lmao
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:05 pm

Well another month has gone by and still no clue about when my hubby and kids will get here also a guy who was living at the house I'm staying at got killed in an RTA last week to top it off I booked a night away from it all in a hotel only to read some really crap reviews of the place after I booked it and they don't take cancellations
feeling really pissed off
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry your pissed off its totally understandable, I've got no idea how your coping being on your own but you have done brilliantly over these last few months - I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end

Dont be worried about the bad reviews on your hotel, and dont let it put you off looking forward to it, its a break you need and just enjoy it as best you can. Wish I had something else to say which would make it all better but I cant, just to say, it wont last forever and am sending a hug!!

(((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))

Julie x
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:56 pm

Thanks Julie at least my job is still going well so things aren't all bad
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Glad your jobs going ok, things will work out much better when your husband and kids get there - wish i could witness that reunion (i always cry at airports )

I've just got visa through this week but havent had much interest in the house, we've just reduced for the second time :curse: and hope it'll get sold in time for us to come in jan. If not I could be in the same boat as you
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:12 pm

Congratulations on getting your visa, hope you don't have to come alone like me...it's a lot harder than I thought it would be and not something I'd recommend
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Well another month has gone by and still no clue about when my hubby and kids will get here also a guy who was living at the house I'm staying at got killed in an RTA last week to top it off I booked a night away from it all in a hotel only to read some really crap reviews of the place after I booked it and they don't take cancellations
feeling really pissed off
Sorry to hear the news about your house mate its awful and I bet it made you want your family near you all the more it will happen. Good news about your job though Im dreading getting started, Weve decided to come january and have the opportunity of a payment break from the mortgage we have 5 months we can use so hopefully we can come together then. Im trying to get sorted now Sophie will hopefully get a place at St marys school now and Im thinking about renting a holiday apt next door to the school almost at the cairns gateway motel so we can look for somewhere to rent then. Sending you a big hug aswell think you need it watch you will have everyone arriving together eh. Where are you going for the little break I would ignore the reviews and decide for yourself. What will happen for xmas if no luck with the house by then. Why dont you just sign over to the solicitor and get them over with you it will come together then for you. Take care just chat when you need to you know xx Trudi
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sophjam
Sorry to hear the news about your house mate its awful and I bet it made you want your family near you all the more it will happen. Good news about your job though Im dreading getting started, Weve decided to come january and have the opportunity of a payment break from the mortgage we have 5 months we can use so hopefully we can come together then. Im trying to get sorted now Sophie will hopefully get a place at St marys school now and Im thinking about renting a holiday apt next door to the school almost at the cairns gateway motel so we can look for somewhere to rent then. Sending you a big hug aswell think you need it watch you will have everyone arriving together eh. Where are you going for the little break I would ignore the reviews and decide for yourself. What will happen for xmas if no luck with the house by then. Why dont you just sign over to the solicitor and get them over with you it will come together then for you. Take care just chat when you need to you know xx Trudi
Hi Trudi, it's good you got a payment break from your mortgage we tried but they wouldn't do it, we have thought about leaving the house with the solicitor but not really an option financially due to having to pay mortgage and the rent here will increase because we'll be living in a different house then. Don't even want to think about xmas. The hotel I booked is at Mission Beach, not been there before. bet you're excited about january, enjoy your last xmas in the UK and look forward to meeting you when you get here
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up, I hope it gets better for you when the family arrive.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:34 am

Well the hotel room was clean and bright and spacious and couldn't fault it so I had a nice relaxing time there this weekend, got a speeding ticket on my home I'm usually really careful but got caught out on the highway..$150 fine anyway even that couldn't dampen my mood...I'm happy cos hubby and kids are coming on the 6 Nov, the house isn't sold in fact sale has fallen through for second time but my sanity is more important than mere financial difficulties so they are coming in four weeks
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well the hotel room was clean and bright and spacious and couldn't fault it so I had a nice relaxing time there this weekend, got a speeding ticket on my home I'm usually really careful but got caught out on the highway..$150 fine anyway even that couldn't dampen my mood...I'm happy cos hubby and kids are coming on the 6 Nov, the house isn't sold in fact sale has fallen through for second time but my sanity is more important than mere financial difficulties so they are coming in four weeks
Sorry to hear about your house selling problems but what FANTASTIC news about your family coming over - i totally agree with you that your sanity is far more important than money - you'll manage (money wise) and your kids must be missing you like mad, roll on the 6th Nov

julie x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hi glad you had a good weekend see you just never know do you these reviews are hitty missy. Well Ive booked the flights and we arrive on 10th of january so will be manic till we get there loads of time wasters viewing our home but there might be a buyer lurking somewhere among them. Im going to book us into the allseasons resort near bayview heights for 4 weeks to give us time to find a rental. How is work going now any gossip? Im a bit nervous about the job but looking forward to getting settled and enjoying our time if we can. I need an apprenticeship for Jamie my son hes doing an electrical installation course at the moment so any contacts please let me know. Glad you are going to be reunited with your babies and hubby I think its just what you need. Take care keep in touch xx Trudi
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi glad you had a good weekend see you just never know do you these reviews are hitty missy. Well Ive booked the flights and we arrive on 10th of january so will be manic till we get there loads of time wasters viewing our home but there might be a buyer lurking somewhere among them. Im going to book us into the allseasons resort near bayview heights for 4 weeks to give us time to find a rental. How is work going now any gossip? Im a bit nervous about the job but looking forward to getting settled and enjoying our time if we can. I need an apprenticeship for Jamie my son hes doing an electrical installation course at the moment so any contacts please let me know. Glad you are going to be reunited with your babies and hubby I think its just what you need. Take care keep in touch xx Trudi
So pleased you have your family joining you at last, been bloody ages, i always say i would like some peace and a break from the kids (we have 4, but 3 are very young) but i couldnt go a few months without them... good for you on living your dream but excellent news on the family joining you at last.... GO FOR IT.....

Trudi, sorry i missed that you booked the flights been off for a while cos been packing etc... (bloody nightmare) xxxx hopefully see you in Cairns, when we stay at yours for our 4 wk hols!!!!! xxxx S-j xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.