Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First trip back after 10 months.......

First trip back after 10 months.......

Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:24 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trip back after 10 months.......

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I have been back in UK since April. I am that depressed i sold all my gold and spent it on the new internet bingo websites.
I am now considering throwing myself off the white cliffs of Dover, especially now its heading for winter, which will mean spending too much time indoors in front of the fire, contemplating christmas with all my grandchildren and the huge family gathering that will ensue. How will i cope i ask myself?
Did you win any money at Bingo?

I'm thinking of taking back a load of them Cash4Gold envelopes you can get - then filling them with dirt from the goldmine down the road from me in Oz and posting them back seeing if they'll give me any dosh. Granted they'll have to extract the gold themselves but its worth a go I reckon!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:31 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Did you win any money at Bingo?

I'm thinking of taking back a load of them Cash4Gold envelopes you can get - then filling them with dirt from the goldmine down the road from me in Oz and posting them back seeing if they'll give me any dosh. Granted they'll have to extract the gold themselves but its worth a go I reckon!
Yeah, i won heaps, but when i jump, i'm leaving it all to the local cats home as i can imagine they are all pretty depressed as well.

Yeah send a load of dirt back to them. The postage costs will just about be covered by the cheque.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:01 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived in Oz on 1st December 2008. I arrived back in the UK on 6th October 2009 for a 3 week trip due to family illness (yes I got the dreaded call less than 8 months after arriving in Oz - my worst nightmare).

I am so depressed. If it wasn't for the fact my Dad is still in hospital and I'm staying till he is home and back on his feet again - I'd be ringing the airline and changing my ticket for the first flight back home (to Oz).

Everyone is so miserable (maybe cos i'm spending most of my time in the heart ward of the local hospital) but it just seems so "bleak". The weather hasn't been that bad - its only rained 5 days out of the 8 i have been here, but everything on the news is depressing, everyone in the shops is miserable, no ones got any money and they are all trading in their old gold for a bit of extra cash (actually that did cause a minor bit of excitement when my auntie got £50 for a broken bracelet and a bent ring).

Maybe i have become Australianised without realising - so much so that the irritating things that annoyed me when I first arrived - like the upbeat trivial nature of the news (nothing bad ever happens in Oz) and the smiley overbearing attitude of shop assistants - I'm now actually quite thankful for.

Cant wait to be back on that plane in two weeks time - otherwise I'll be needing some Prozac to make it through!
its funny how seeing people in the uk trading gold is seen as being on the bones of the backside ,whereas here in australia its quiet acceptable for people to sell it to the gold buyers in the shopping centres and also for the girls to hold tupperware type parties but flogging off their old jewlery .Horses for courses i guess .
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
its funny how seeing people in the uk trading gold is seen as being on the bones of the backside ,whereas here in australia its quiet acceptable for people to sell it to the gold buyers in the shopping centres and also for the girls to hold tupperware type parties but flogging off their old jewlery .Horses for courses i guess .
Somebody watched A Current Affair the other night
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:10 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Somebody watched A Current Affair the other night
i did ,it seemed so much fun for the ladies but apparently its a sign of doom and gloom .
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:32 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

You say potato I say patato...
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Londonuck
You say potato I say patato...
I say tatty...with knobs on
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:11 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Right that's it - i'm off! Someone said Tupperware. Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:15 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

Right that's it - i'm off! Someone said Tupperware. Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!
sorry , that was me .
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been back in UK since April. I am that depressed i sold all my gold and spent it on the new internet bingo websites.
I am now considering throwing myself off the white cliffs of Dover, especially now its heading for winter, which will mean spending too much time indoors in front of the fire, contemplating christmas with all my grandchildren and the huge family gathering that will ensue. How will i cope i ask myself?
Me tooooo...wait for meeeee....I need to jump too. So depressed...hate it, hate it, make it stop.....Ooooh sorry folks, had a "I'm back living in Australia" moment for a minute! Phew...note to self 'Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts'

Yeah send a load of dirt back to them. The postage costs will just about be covered by the cheque.
Shouldn't bother love. With the postal strike it'll never get there! Country's going to the dogs I say!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, you lot are pathetic
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:59 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Chill. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and we all see things differently.

Some prefer UK and some Aus. No big deal
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Chill. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and we all see things differently.

Some prefer UK and some Aus. No big deal
Try going into the D&G forum and disagreeing with their view of Australia and see where you get told to go! I think Ponyrama has been very restrained.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:35 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Try going into the D&G forum and disagreeing with their view of Australia and see where you get told to go! I think Ponyrama has been very restrained.
Two wrongs don't make a right mate

At the end of the day, why don't we all accept everyone has their own viewpoint and ponyrama has as much right to theirs as anyone has to their own
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Two wrongs don't make a right mate

At the end of the day, why don't we all accept everyone has their own viewpoint and ponyrama has as much right to theirs as anyone has to their own
Absolutely which is why I think the responses she has got are pathetic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.