Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

I will pm you as I was in the same situation (sort of!)

Originally Posted by suzyt
Morning to you all. I know that this post is going to make me sound very weak and pathetic but hey. Well after being relocated to Brisbane in Oct we lived on Toowong for just over a month whilst we found our house and we are now living in The Gap. These first few months have been great we have done loads of bits and peices as you do because its all excitng and new. The thing is my mum has gone home now, Nicks at work and school starts up again today. My house feels so empty and i know that once i have done the school run its going to be even quiter. I have tried to tell myself oh its going to be great i will nip to the shops and have the radio on might have a swim and have some real time for me, the time i havent had in years but this dosent seem to feel enough. I know that i sound stupid, but has anyone else felt like this. I know that you have to put your self out there and make friends i do speak to all the regular faces but i still feel lonely. I think Nick is in a diff place to me as he dosent have the same relationship with his family that i do, he has also made a very good friend at work. Nick is worried that iam going to plunged myself into putting a downer on things and keep getting upset, but i know this sounds thick again i didnt expect to feel so on my own so soon. I sound so selfish i have got a great husband and great kids a fab house. Do these feeling pass, is this just the normal coming down from all the hype that has been going on. xx
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:28 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradburns2
Hi scottshcelts,

Are you here on a student visa?
No, we just set ourselves a time to adjust to the place (2 years) - that way noone has to feel trapped here should they want to go home
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by watford
LAINEY

where abouts in watford are you from?
Soz didn't reply sooner, cant get on my lap top as the OH looks for work and it the lad nicks it to go on facebook and msm!
Im from all over watford!, we have just left Garston, but use to live in West Watford and I have lived in Abbotts Langley too.
In Clontarf now on the Redcliffe Peninsula, North of Brisbane.
Where are you from then?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future

Lainey

Wow .I was born in Gaddesden Cresent Garston, and when I married we spent 15 years living in Hazelwood land Abbots and upper highway
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:24 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, never been there but i lived in Torquay, Devon for 9 and a half years then decided the place was a dump and returned to Scotland, stayed for 11 years and here i am in Brisbane! Though if i'm honest i definately won't be here for 10 years.....not even 5!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Caelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
Hang in there - you do have to put yourself right out there and hopefully you will come across folk who you are happy to add to your circle of friends. I agree that volunteering or getting a job are the best way to do that - it can be too easy just to sit at home and get on a downer, you do have to make a huge effort but once you have a few friends, the rest sort of come naturally.
I'm stuck! how do I use this.....????
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Caelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caelan
I'm stuck! how do I use this.....????
I think I've just posted something in the wrong place
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hey Hey , iam back online. So what's the gossip ?
How is everybody today? Sad Happy, Pissed off or Tired. Tell me your probs. My day has been ok i had a fair bit a school crap to do and still have , but hey. I havent flooded , crashed or even burnt dinner so its been a good one
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hey guys, never been there but i lived in Torquay, Devon for 9 and a half years then decided the place was a dump and returned to Scotland, stayed for 11 years and here i am in Brisbane! Though if i'm honest i definately won't be here for 10 years.....not even 5!
Hey i have missed you today
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

AND WELL THE HELL IS WATFORD
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I THINK THIS SHOULD BECOME THE MORE THE MERRIER THREAD. ITS THE THREAD THAT PICKS YOU UP WHEN YOU ARE FEELING S..T, IT COULD BE THE ONE THAT EVEN IF YOU DID FLOOD THE DOWNSTAIRS FLAT (appartment) TWICE, NO ONE WILL LOOK DOWN ON YOU, OR EVEN UP AS THE CASE MAYBE . The one that if you did hit the garage wall, no one would notice.

join me stand united
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:15 pm

Hi Suzy - my god you are a complete screwball - but i like you

Had a crap day today - my friends have boarded a plane and are now on their way back to Ireland boo hoo they were in the sunshine coast and were really homesick, i miss them like crazy and feel lost already.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi oh shit thats not good , please dont feel like that. Listen i know that i cant replace your friends that have gone home , but i can be here for you) . My day has only been diff as i persuaded other half to have a day off , how bad is that.

iam serious we have to do something , i know lets go base jumping
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

SUZTY

Hello Iza here
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

I had a busy day yesterday.Im doing a surprise birthday party for hubby in a few weeks. He knows I have booked him a flying lesson but knows nowt about the party yet. So yesterday my daughter and I went out to get all the table decoroations and plates cutlary ect. ect Wow thats a dear do spent 40 dollars just on plastic dishes alone before I started on anything else.

have you missed me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.