Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future
Default Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

when we told everyone we were going back they all said "you'll be back" you have to go back to come back if you know what I mean.
we went home for xmas our second year here for a holiday and when we came back we put our house on the market ,weve regretted going back ever since as we lost so much ,we went back brought a house and as prices plummeted sold it to come back.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:22 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by watford
when we told everyone we were going back they all said "you'll be back" you have to go back to come back if you know what I mean.
we went home for xmas our second year here for a holiday and when we came back we put our house on the market ,weve regretted going back ever since as we lost so much ,we went back brought a house and as prices plummeted sold it to come back.
We have heard that a lot actually - you have to go back to come back! My problem also is that i don't want my kids to forget where they are from and what they are, my 10 year old tells us every day he wants to go home, he misses Scotland very much, what do you do? I don't want the kids to grow up miserable and blame us forever for taking them away from where they belong and love.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future

we go back every few years to see the rellies.Its on ly the people i miss not really the place.I enjoy my holidays but couldnt live back there..i dont think !!!
we went back in June and took our Grandaughter with us,she had her 15th birthday there and loved it.mind you we did spain and france so it was a great holiday.
I have no plans to go back again for a good few years.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

if I were you I would honestly leave it another year before deciding
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:26 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

That's the problem, as we have only been here since October, we know we won't be going back for a holiday for another 2 years, we've spent an absolute fortune from day one of the visa application up till now and it would be insane to spend more money going home for a holiday so i have to rough it out for now, i know i will be fine and settle after a while but it's just such a shock to the system i think, that it's too easy to want to pack up and head back!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

scottishcelts.

can I be personal and ask , If you went back would all the reasons you wanted to leave the uk to come to Australia still be there?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

OH so youve only been here 3 months , and you had xmas inbetween.xmas is hard for the first few years you poor dolly I know exactly how your feeling.has your belongings arrive rom uk yet ,
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:29 am

if I were you I would honestly leave it another year before deciding
Oh you're right, it's far too early yet and it's lunacy to drop out right now. The kids know we are here for another year and a half anyway. I'm also starting a college course in March for a year, this should keep me going and pass the time.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:30 am

scottishcelts.

can I be personal and ask , If you went back would all the reasons you wanted to leave the uk to come to Australia still be there?
Yes they would. As i said my heart is telling me one thing.......
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

college will open up another life for you here
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:44 am

That's the hope watford
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

you will make lots of friends in college. have you made many since you got here? have you any rellies here
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:54 am

My sister in law, hubby and kids are here, about an hours drive but we don't see much of them, they are a busy family, though i would have thought our arrival would have prompted them into more visits/doing the family thing but apparently not I have friends on the sunshine coast but they are heading back to Ireland this Thursday actually, they've been been here about 8 months and had enough so im a bit gutted about that but life goes on.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Its not that i dont like it here , i really love Brisbane and The Gap is great. And iam going to try and give this my best shot. I know that Nick dosent want to go home but he has said at least give a couple of years and if i dosent work then we can go home, which is cool with me. I also have the children to think as i cant keep moving them here and there. I do have skype and a web cam but sometimes my famliy are hard to get hold of. I have a great house but i do find it gets very quiet here during the day, the mother toddler groups start here soon so iam going to show my face there. Its the being on my own during the week, i know that i have Oliver but there is only so many times you can go out for a coffee with a three year old, iam fine when we are all together at the weekend. It feels lively again and homely there is a buzz. I guess i just need to pull myself together and think how lucky we are, we have been given this amazing adventure and i should be grasping it. The thing is though i know that if we went home i know that i would want to come back, its the family that i have at home, i just miss them.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

I would of thought they would of been thrilled to have rellies over here.My nephew and family came for a holiday a few years ago and now have been accepted to emigrate and are coming for another look round in april.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.