Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Hi Lainey !

We are in Logan ,where abouts are you and where abouts in watford are you from? lovely to meet up with someone on here from watford
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future
Default Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Markallwood

Thank you .I have been in oz a long time but still enjoy readers postings on this site .
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rossi
It doesn't really matter....... does it ?

You see the thing is this........... YOU have changed, more than the changes that have been made to your "home" country, whether it was the UK, Brazil,France or China............. every last one of us has "rose tinted reminiscing glasses"
Life moves on - with you, or without you, things alter and will never be the same
Seize the day and live for the moment
Good answer
I don't suppose you are a Moto GP fan with a name like Rossi ???
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:01 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I remember when I moved to Korea and everybody was talking about the three month blues. For some reason it hit people worse when they were in Korea than when they were anywhere else.

Nobody quite believed it would happen until it hit them.

For just about everybody they come out the other side of it much happier - and with more realistic expectations of their new home.

Give yourself a bit longer to adjust, and try to remember most people go through a stage like this before they settle in.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:47 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, i've only been here since Oct 08 and mm..Australia, i'm still undecided, still homesick although going to stick it out for 2 years. I want to get on the property market first before returning to the uk (if i do). Ask me now and i will tell you that i most DEFINATELY will be going back, but it is early days.

I try to keep myself busy (either that or i will go mad here )

You are not alone, i've spoken to loads of other expats on other forums and this is all too common.

I still wake up in the morning wondering what the f i am doing here
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Hello just been reading the uk papers and seeing all that snow .not sure which is worse the heat or the cold
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:52 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by watford
Hello just been reading the uk papers and seeing all that snow .not sure which is worse the heat or the cold
Yeah very true that - personally i think the heat is worse :curse:

Well, that's until i acclimatise hee hee
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi thankyou to you all for your responses, and thankyou to scottishcelts for your reply, i glad iam not the only one that feels like this. I just has another moment and still am in that moment, as i have just had an email from my sister and it had made me think oh shit. I ended up sending her such a long email just because i didnt want the conversation to end do know what i mean or does that stupid, i wasnt even really talking to her. I know this sounds even more insane but i have already done loads of jobs this morning and now iam done i feel like girl at the bloody window, its pissing with rain so i dont really feel like going out again till school run time, i just wish that there was someone during the day that i could just pick up the phone to !! pathetic isnt it.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

I suffered very bad with homesickness,we sold up and went back after 2 years here ,cost us thousands and it was a big mistake we came back after 18 months.
Cleaveland is nice, we have freinds there and at Thornlands,
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

I have msn and a camera and have been on here having a cuppa and chat with my sister in Watford, can see and hear her its like being in the same room.and its Free!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

syzty

we are here for you !!!!!!!!!!
chat away.we have all been in the same boat.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by suzyt
Hi thankyou to you all for your responses, and thankyou to scottishcelts for your reply, i glad iam not the only one that feels like this. I just has another moment and still am in that moment, as i have just had an email from my sister and it had made me think oh shit. I ended up sending her such a long email just because i didnt want the conversation to end do know what i mean or does that stupid, i wasnt even really talking to her. I know this sounds even more insane but i have already done loads of jobs this morning and now iam done i feel like girl at the bloody window, its pissing with rain so i dont really feel like going out again till school run time, i just wish that there was someone during the day that i could just pick up the phone to !! pathetic isnt it.
I know how you feel, this all sounds very familiar. My OH likes it here but knows there is a chance we will be going home after 2 years, we both decided if anyone of us wants to go back to Scotland, then we go home together, only thing about going home is the having to start again process, i don't know if i can face that and then there is the kids to take into consideration re moving and all the upheaval. It's too early for me to b thinking that anyway, though i can't help thinking that this place is very one dimensional and apart from the beaches and sunshine there isn't a lot going on, is it just me being negative too early?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by watford
I suffered very bad with homesickness,we sold up and went back after 2 years here ,cost us thousands and it was a big mistake we came back after 18 months.
Cleaveland is nice, we have freinds there and at Thornlands,
Yip, this is what my husband keeps having visions of !
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi I agree .I am not a fan of the beach,once Im there and weve unpacked and settled down Im ready to leave and look round the shops.hehe.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:18 am

You must have spent an absolute fortune moving back and forwards! I worry about this and worry about being undecided about where i want to settle, i can really see myself wanting to dart back and forth, torn between both countries, my heart is telling me that Scotland is where i belong! I can't win i think i'll always be torn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.