Brisbane, 7 months in!

Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:37 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane, 7 months in!

Originally Posted by Karen72
Hi, just to complete my update, yesterday i was offered not one but 2 jobs!!! After considering both I am going to be working for mission australia starting next tuesday., it's a great job, local, good money, mon - fri with bank hol's etc. off.............yeah!!!
To those who are looking, keep on going, it's so so hard, i applied for everything, in all different areas just to get my foot in the door somehwere but unsuccessfully, it isn't always as easy as people make out, I've wanted to work since I got here and only now (nearly 8 months in) have i been offered a job. so good luck to everybody who's looking, it'll be worth it in the end!
Karen.x
great news karen, well done. nice to see something paid off. we have been here 5 monthis (ish), and i have applied for everything from working at woolies and cleaning to working in a funeral directors! i have qualifications and experience in my field, but so far, no one wants me. the post above that says there is work if you really want work is c#ap!!! i have sent 5 job applications off today, and today is the norm

brilliant news for you. what about O/H? has he heard anything yet? fingers crossed for him now, so that there will be 2 wages coming in.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:40 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

See you are in popular demand now!

Well done Karen, let us know how your new job goes and best of luck with it!

Jackie x
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:45 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and I hope you really enjoy it.

I start a new job next month, but I haven't been looking for too long. From what I've read and heard, it seems easier to get a job over here in Perth, there's certainly alot of jobs about anyway. Before anyone starts, that's how I have found it personally.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

It just shows - persistence does pay off Well done on getting a job, hope you enjoy it as thats half the battle. Your life sounds just wonderful, cant wait until we get there. Best of luck for the future.

Lynn
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Karen72
Hi, just to complete my update, yesterday i was offered not one but 2 jobs!!! After considering both I am going to be working for mission australia starting next tuesday., it's a great job, local, good money, mon - fri with bank hol's etc. off.............yeah!!!
To those who are looking, keep on going, it's so so hard, i applied for everything, in all different areas just to get my foot in the door somehwere but unsuccessfully, it isn't always as easy as people make out, I've wanted to work since I got here and only now (nearly 8 months in) have i been offered a job. so good luck to everybody who's looking, it'll be worth it in the end!
Karen.x
Delighted at your good news. Perseverance does pay off but it takes time. I am just behind you in terms of time and things are now hotting up on the job front too. Best of luck.

Sue
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:48 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Nice 1 Karen..Well done.. I recon your OH will get a job soon too.There are loads of developments happening or due to happen round Brisbane.They must be crying out for HR drivers to shift all that spoil and to bring in aggregate and concrete.The crane ticket is a bonus too..
You'll be minted soon.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:43 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Congrats on the job Karen -fingers crossed for OH.