Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Last day of my tourist visa...

Last day of my tourist visa...

Old Mar 17th 2015, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last day of my tourist visa...

My trusty TR/676 expires today after almost two years of reliable service and I guess my new bridging visa will kick in at midnight.

I suppose that means I am firmly back in the real world and will have to look for a job

Wish me luck!
Old Mar 17th 2015, 4:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last day of my tourist visa...

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
My trusty TR/676 expires today after almost two years of reliable service and I guess my new bridging visa will kick in at midnight.

I suppose that means I am firmly back in the real world and will have to look for a job

Wish me luck!
Good luck! Here's to a speedyish grant of the next visa
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Good luck! Here's to a speedyish grant of the next visa
Thanks so much Pollyana. My bridging visa says that I am now classed as 'indefinite' and my partner thinks it suits me quite well
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

It's been 12 months since I applied for my 820 visa and I haven't heard a dickie bird from them. Since they suggest these visas take between 12 and 15 months I look upon this as a good sign. One assumes if there was anything terribly wrong they would have been in contact by now.

It's been a good year really. My little business is growing and we are carrying out loads of improvements to our house. We are planning to turn our suburban garden over to growing veggies in an attempt to be a little more self sufficient. 2016 is going to be a great year.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 6:21 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It's been 12 months since I applied for my 820 visa and I haven't heard a dickie bird from them. Since they suggest these visas take between 12 and 15 months I look upon this as a good sign. One assumes if there was anything terribly wrong they would have been in contact by now.

It's been a good year really. My little business is growing and we are carrying out loads of improvements to our house. We are planning to turn our suburban garden over to growing veggies in an attempt to be a little more self sufficient. 2016 is going to be a great year.
If they had any cause for concern they'd have been in touch.....no news is good news, hopefully you're now getting near the top of the pile
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

If they had any cause for concern they'd have been in touch.....no news is good news, hopefully you're now getting near the top of the pile
As if by magic, I got an automated email yesterday saying that my application had progressed in the queue and that I would hear from someone soon if they need some more information. It also gave me a check list of everything I should submit or should have submitted so that was useful.

Shouldn't be long now
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

So, I get this letter today. It's a little disconcerting as it really looks like one of those bits of spam you get with a special offer that you mustn't miss out on. The 'offer' was in red block capitals and then bold a few para's later.

As far as can see, I submitted all the forms and docs that I needed to over a year ago so I shouldn't be worried. I'd be much happier if I heard from a case officer asking for whatever's missing - or granting the visa, of course!

Does the jury think that I should contact the telephone number provided or just sit tight?

Thanks for listening

Australian Government
Department of Immigration and Border Protection

File Number: xxxx
Application ID: xxxx
TRN: xxxx

URGENT: YOUR CHANCE TO BE GRANTED A PARTNER VISA BY 30 JUNE 2016

Dear Dave

Re: Application for a Stage 1 - Partner visa (820/801)

In January or February this year you received an auto-generated email from the Temporary Partner Processing Section of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

The letter was your reminder to submit outstanding documents to support your subclass 820/801 visa application. Please ensure you have sent us all necessary information to support your relationship.

Your application is now being assessed and you may be granted a Partner visa before 30 June 2016 if you submit all requested information by 30 April 2016. Demand for visa places is strong so we encourage you to act quickly.

If you have already taken action in response to our earlier email, there is no need to re-send the information. However, please ensure your documents reach us by 30 April 2016.

For ease of reference we have attached the guidelines you received in our previous email. If you have any queries, please contact your local Partner office via the attached email address or ring our contact centre on 131881.

Please give this your immediate attention so we can give your application priority and finalise your application before 30 June.

Yours sincerely,

Wxxxxx Dxxxxxx
Director
Partner Migration

3 March 2016

There follows a huge list of all the forms that I should have submitted.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 9:51 am
Home and Happy

Demand for visa places is strong so we encourage you to act quickly. is a bit of an odd statement from DIBP and I have never come across an email containing that before.
It could be official, does it give you an address to post documents or does it just want them uploaded? If the latter, I can't see how it can be a scam, though it might be worth a phone call, if only to ask them WTF they mean by that odd statement. If you are entitled to a partner visa you get one, nothing to do with demand for places.
You could also ask them if its genuine, because if it is you will be holding them to a grant by June 30th!

The phone number at least is genuine
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

To all intents and purposes, it looked genuine. All the email addresses looked genuine at the very bottom (not attached) and my reference numbers were all correct. It just seemed so amateurishly written! However, no requests for money or anything along those lines.

I applied at the end of last year so am 13 months in to a 12 to 15 month timescale and June would be 16 months I reckon. I will drop them a gentle line tomorrow and see what happens. Will keep you posted.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

To all intents and purposes, it looked genuine. All the email addresses looked genuine at the very bottom (not attached) and my reference numbers were all correct. It just seemed so amateurishly written! However, no requests for money or anything along those lines.

I applied at the end of last year so am 13 months in to a 12 to 15 month timescale and June would be 16 months I reckon. I will drop them a gentle line tomorrow and see what happens. Will keep you posted.
Thats the odd thing from reading it - doesn't sound like an official DIBP letter, yet has all the correct stuff in it. Maybe they got a temp in to do some typing and din't provide the usual templates?!
Haven't seen anyone on any other forums talking about the phrase Demand for visa places is strong so we encourage you to act quickly. either - ts definitely out of place! Its almost saying if you don't send stuff now you won't get a visa, which is rubbish!
Be interested in the outcome......
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 6:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Suspect it's genuine. Stock email sent to anyone who hasn't completed their health/character checks in order to get applications 'grant ready' to use up all the slots that have been given to a particular region/division. It's the visa equivalent of madly trying to spend all your allocated budget in the few weeks before the end of the financial year or face getting a smaller budget the following year.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 6:33 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Suspect it's genuine. Stock email sent to anyone who hasn't completed their health/character checks in order to get applications 'grant ready' to use up all the slots that have been given to a particular region/division. It's the visa equivalent of madly trying to spend all your allocated budget in the few weeks before the end of the financial year or face getting a smaller budget the following year.
Thanks for that Got to love that phrase which makes it sound like if you don't get on quick you won't get a visa
Old Mar 4th 2016, 12:52 am
Home and Happy

Its genuine.

Just heard from a friendly local agent that its been sent to people who applied in April, May and June last year. Basically its telling people that if they haven't attached police checks, meds and all other paperwork, then they should do so asap and then hopefully DIBP will get the visas sorted by the end of June.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Its genuine.

Just heard from a friendly local agent that its been sent to people who applied in April, May and June last year. Basically its telling people that if they haven't attached police checks, meds and all other paperwork, then they should do so asap and then hopefully DIBP will get the visas sorted by the end of June.
Thank you Polly for all of your help. Hopefully mine will be ahead of the April, May and June lot since I submitted mine the previous December. I did ring the number given this morning and I am waiting for a call back from them.

Just logged in to my immi account and neither this letter or the one in January are listed in my correspondence so that must mean they they're generic rather than specific.

I'm not panicking. I'm not panicking...
Old Mar 4th 2016, 1:41 am
Home and Happy

Thank you Polly for all of your help. Hopefully mine will be ahead of the April, May and June lot since I submitted mine the previous December. I did ring the number given this morning and I am waiting for a call back from them.

Just logged in to my immi account and neither this letter or the one in January are listed in my correspondence so that must mean they they're generic rather than specific.

I'm not panicking. I'm not panicking...
Yep, its generic. Mr Friendly Agent said they have received several for their clients.
He suggested uploading anything like police checks and meds that aren't already done, and then hope for the best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.