8 years on.........

Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default 8 years on.........

1 x ping pong episode (that didn't last very long)
4 house moves (less than 4km apart)
4 jobs {got bored, moved on}
1 business {still loving it}
0 return trips back to the UK {couldn't afford it now even if I wanted too}
3 teeny tiny children that are now teenagers, 1 that drives

and FINALLY, we are about to commence construction on our home Never let it be said that we don't take our time.

My advice, don't pay any attention to what anyone else is doing, ignore all the boasting 'look at my boat, new house and car'. The amount of times we were made to feel 'guilty' about not putting down proper roots for our boys, or made to feel we were worthless because we didn't have a boat or our own home. We slapped on the blinkers, ignored all those that bragged and built our own little lives in Aus We knew we'd settle and build eventually, we just wanted to chill and enjoy ourselves - mission accomplished! Hope the pic loads! It's of my boys in 2004. Happy days

Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 years on.........

Hello stranger

So nice to see you on BE and a great update.

I'm so pleased things are going so well for you and yours ... wow your kids are teenagers now .. I feel so old ... lol. Our son was 6 when we started BE and in a few days he is going to be 19 .... so I know how you feel. I've no idea where the years have gone.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow Glittababe great to hear. I msgd you a few years back about ping ponging, we're finally about to do it No family support on my side and a few 'it's the kids i feel sorry for' comments too but like you - we aint listening lol Good to hear life is good. I also have 3 littlies that will one day become teenagers - they will always be able to say life was never dull
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
Oh wow Glittababe great to hear. I msgd you a few years back about ping ponging, we're finally about to do it No family support on my side and a few 'it's the kids i feel sorry for' comments too but like you - we aint listening lol Good to hear life is good. I also have 3 littlies that will one day become teenagers - they will always be able to say life was never dull
It's scary, Cameron's driving! Eek! It's gone just too fast You'll have to make sure you enjoy it! Don't stress too much about ping ponging, once you're over here you'll find heaps of other people from all over the world that have ping ponged too The only thing you lose out on is cost really, even then you can put that down to experience.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
Hello stranger

So nice to see you on BE and a great update.

I'm so pleased things are going so well for you and yours ... wow your kids are teenagers now .. I feel so old ... lol. Our son was 6 when we started BE and in a few days he is going to be 19 .... so I know how you feel. I've no idea where the years have gone.
awww Sue 19!!! How did that happen?!? Yep time flies. It's fabulous as they're now at an age where they can be left. Mark and I have our lives back. Once Cameron hits 18, I think a second honeymoon in Fiji is on the list - he can 'baby' sit - hurrah!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

My boys earlier in the year. They've grown more since these were taken
Attached Thumbnails 8 years on.........-noosa-photographymy-boys.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Lovely pics and Great update!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 2:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Once Cameron hits 18, I think a second honeymoon in Fiji is on the list - he can 'baby' sit - hurrah!
Sounds like a great plan to me
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

and FINALLY, we are about to commence construction on our home Never let it be said that we don't take our time.

My advice, don't pay any attention to what anyone else is doing, ignore all the boasting 'look at my boat, new house and car'. The amount of times we were made to feel 'guilty' about not putting down proper roots for our boys, or made to feel we were worthless because we didn't have a boat or our own home. We slapped on the blinkers, ignored all those that bragged and built our own little lives in Aus We knew we'd settle and build eventually, we just wanted to chill and enjoy ourselves - mission accomplished! Hope the pic loads! It's of my boys in 2004. Happy days

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
this is so true, great update.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ooh look, they've had hair cuts, did it hurt? Scary how time flies but well done for what you've achieved.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
ooh look, they've had hair cuts, did it hurt? Scary how time flies but well done for what you've achieved.
it was a gradual cutting of hair! A few cm's each hair trim lol Eventually in high school, their mates cut their hair so they decided to go a bit shorter too, although Ollie's hair is still down to his backside
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

it was a gradual cutting of hair! A few cm's each hair trim lol Eventually in high school, their mates cut their hair so they decided to go a bit shorter too, although Ollie's hair is still down to his backside
I saw a hefty looking ponytail/bun thing happening behind his head
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I saw a hefty looking ponytail/bun thing happening behind his head
not even a shit load of nits can convince him to cut it! My colleague goes to me "sort it out, he'll never get a job looking like that" lol
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johnknight001
this is so true, great update.
lol it got to a stage where we felt we were only being invited over for a BBQ so we could be shown all the new 'toys'. The funny/sad thing is, since those early days, most of the families have now gone back to the UK, one's had the boat re-posessed, one had their's stolen and the other had to sell everything as they had 'too much' credit and couldn't afford the mortgage.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Good to hear from you GB, pleased it's all turned out well for you & yours. Good luck on the build.
We're still here, it's been tough at times but I wouldn't swap it now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.