Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

7 years 6 months later.....

7 years 6 months later.....

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 1:47 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default 7 years 6 months later.....

After being in Oz for over 7years a lot has changed. Would I do anything different??? I don't think so.

Since being here we have lived in Sydney for 3 and half years before making the move down to Victoria and settling in Point Cook (in the western suburbs of Melbourne).

We had a happy 3 years in Point Cook before we decided it was about time to put down roots and finally get on the old property ladder. So the saga began. We bought some land in Bacchus Marsh and started on the route of getting our own place built.

We decided to move our son to Bacchus Marsh to his new school at the beginning of term 3 rather than part way through a school year so started the early morning drives from Point Cook a drive of 50k each way luckily this was only for 8 weeks, but felt like a lifetime especially in the height of summer as I used to stick around The Marsh rather than doing the trip 4 times a day. It was well worth it as our son was diagnosed as being on the Autistic Spectrum at the age of 6 and we wanted him to feel settled.

In the time we have been in Oz we have had some major upheavals to deal with such as losing my Father in Law to a tragic accident 3 weeks after getting back from a great 6 week visit to the UK we always knew that one day we would get "The Call" but never expected it to be the way it was.

The last 12 months have also been a bit strange. My MIL has been in and out of Hospital, so hubby went back to England at Easter rather than waiting till September when his mum turns 80, and then my mum was taken ill with a suspected growth in her heart which then turned out to be a 2 inch blood clot (I swear someone is watching over her).

I have seen people come and go from my life since being here, people I thought were friends and have since shown their true colours, and people who treated me in a not so nice way to then find the shoe on the other foot and have got back in touch and apologised for their actions. I have now found that I have to stop trying so hard and let people make friends with me and have more Ozzie friends than I do Poms but always open to new social situations.

I have been to a few places in Oz, but not as many as the Hubby who with work has visited most of the East coast and has visited every capital city (if you can call them that) in every state.

When we made the move here I thought our son would lose his accent as he was only 2 when we made the move from the UK it hasn't happened yet lol, but he now attends our local rural school with only 60 kids there and he is the only one with a pommie accent.

So that's a brief update of where we are at if anyone wants to chat about what the last 7 years has held for us drop me a line, I am always around for a coffee so if you are in The Marsh lets catch up xx TTFN
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 11:47 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years 6 months later.....

Nice update Poshrice
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Wombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant future

Great update,thanks for sharing, good to hear that you like it in Victoria
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I always enjoy reading how others have got on- thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Thanks for the update and best of luck.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:24 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Great update we also moved from Sydney to the western suburbs
It's good to hear you are happy Bacchus marsh is lovely I hope your son does well.
Sorry to hear the Bad luck with the UK rellies it's very hard being so far away.
Here's hoping you have many more happy years