7 year Aussieversary.

Old Aug 18th 2015, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 year Aussieversary.

I can hardly believe it is 7 years since we landed in Sydney- seems like a lifetime ago, yet time also seems to have flown.

We are enjoying life here- DD has grown up and is about to go off to Japan on a uni scholarship, so the nest will be empty for 6 months. She has had so many opportunities out here, and has found a way to follow her dream, which is great for her. If we'd remained in the UK OH would have lost his job, DD would be a withdrawn bullied child and I'd have been a stressed out neurotic, who would have to have her mother living with us. Nooooooooo.

OK I still get a bit neurotic from time to time, but mostly my weird symptoms are due to MS- which wasn't put on the radar in the UK, just dismissed as anxiety.

Slowly doing up our home- in another 7 years it may be finished- just in time to retire!! (I am now eligible to buy an apartment in a retirement village, but OH is still too young.)
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 year Aussieversary.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I can hardly believe it is 7 years since we landed in Sydney- seems like a lifetime ago, yet time also seems to have flown.

We are enjoying life here- DD has grown up and is about to go off to Japan on a uni scholarship, so the nest will be empty for 6 months. She has had so many opportunities out here, and has found a way to follow her dream, which is great for her. If we'd remained in the UK OH would have lost his job, DD would be a withdrawn bullied child and I'd have been a stressed out neurotic, who would have to have her mother living with us. Nooooooooo.

OK I still get a bit neurotic from time to time, but mostly my weird symptoms are due to MS- which wasn't put on the radar in the UK, just dismissed as anxiety.

Slowly doing up our home- in another 7 years it may be finished- just in time to retire!! (I am now eligible to buy an apartment in a retirement village, but OH is still too young.)
What a lovely update Caroline. I'm glad that Australia has been good to you. I also know from reading your posts over the years that you have been good to Australia as well.

Good luck to your daughter for her visit to Japan, hope she has a great time!