Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Update Forum

Closed Thread

Old Oct 22nd 2015, 6:20 am   #16
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 years in Adelaide

Meanwhile... 10th anniversary today.

Old Oct 22nd 2015, 10:49 pm   #17
Card Carrying Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Good onya Vash
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 11:01 pm   #18
still chillin'

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Only just got round to this update - love seeing the photos of the work you do

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Vash
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 11:18 pm   #19
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Old Oct 24th 2015, 5:36 am   #20
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger the Purchasing Officer job - hire yourself out as a Master of All Trades! You've done a wonderful job with repairs and decorating your house.

Happy 10th anniversary to you both - you're well past the old 7 year itch, so it should all be smooth sailing now
Old Oct 24th 2015, 9:01 am   #21
Fighting my corner

Thanks SoS, it's been good fun!

Old Feb 28th 2016, 3:24 pm   #22
aries Female
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Vash, your pic of the grapes has given me good memories of my first year in Oz in 1960. After staying for a while with a sister, I rented a room with share facilities in a big old house in Prospect Road, Prospect. Apart from half a dozen old garages at the back, there was a derelict tennis court with the high wiring covered in grave vines. Somewhere there is a photograph of me holding a huge bunch of grapes, and after coming from England, for me to see them growing so freely was astonishing. The big old corner house is still there, now surrounded by a high wall, but the tennis court accessed from the side road, has been redeveloped.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 7:51 pm   #23
Fighting my corner

I have a mate who lives in Prospect, and I often drive up Prospect Road, so I should hunt it down and take a look.

Old Feb 28th 2016, 8:40 pm   #24
aries Female
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
I have a mate who lives in Prospect, and I often drive up Prospect Road, so I should hunt it down and take a look.

The house is adjacent to a few shops, and the long high wall goes around the corner. Impossible to miss!
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 1:50 am   #25
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos and update Vash.... I like the look of your garden, seems greener than a lot I've seen in Adelaide
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:35 pm   #26
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: 6 years in Adelaide

^^ Thanks mate.

So, a few things have changed recently, and I decided they're worth an early update (incidentally, I didn't get the Purchasing Officer job).

In the first week of January I was approached by an old friend seeking to expand his business (he provides corporate services and air conditioning). We had a little chat, and a week later I was employed as a Key Account Manager (one of my dream jobs!)

The company is located in Littlehampton and I live in Playford, so it's a 1 hour commute to work each day. But I drive through the hills, so it's also beautiful and quiet.

My new income has allowed us to upgrade from our trusty 1998 Magna battle wagon. I managed to find Mrs Stampede a 1996 Mazda Astina in near pristine condition, with a genuine 66,600km on the odometer:

We paid $2,450.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 13th 2016 at 8:57 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:42 pm   #27
Fighting my corner

I went for a 1999 Alfa Romeo 156 with 2.0 DOHC Twin Spark engine, Selespeed transmission, and a genuine 106,800kms.

It cost us $3,000 and it's a lot of fun to drive.

Old Apr 13th 2016, 9:02 pm   #28
Fighting my corner

We have moved the pups to a new school. Their previous school was a Category 2; their new school is a Category 5. The difference is substantial, and the pups are thriving.

^^ Check out the hard man in the shower, with his crew cut and tats!

It's shaping up to be a good year.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 12:16 am   #29
Card Carrying Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
Good on you. I loved the 156 when it came out - it certainly broke the mould in terms of styling. A good friend of mine had one which he really enjoyed driving, but be warned, it has a terrible reputation for reliability
Old Apr 14th 2016, 12:22 am   #30
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

It's all still awesome Vash! Well done to you and your family.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Update Forum