Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

50% Sunshine 50% Storms - How's it going for you?

50% Sunshine 50% Storms - How's it going for you?

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb 50% Sunshine 50% Storms - How's it going for you?

I just wrote this post: http://www.rockinmochin.com/2012/04/23/the-road-not-taken/trackback/
I'm not ping ponging again.. promise... It's just I'm getting tired of the challenges now...
I wrote the post because it's too long for a forum thread. Would appreciate your thoughts though. If you have the time to comment and tell me i'm not mad it would be appreciated!!
In the meantime... I'm going to the beach for a coffee so I can look at the wonderful place I live in!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 50% Sunshine 50% Storms - How's it going for you?

You're further down the path than we are (still in the UK) but everything you say strikes a chord and is something I know we will go through. Should be required reading of the rose-tinted glasses crowd though...

.... and as someone who tried but never succeeded in making babies, hugs for your pain and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here onwards.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
You're further down the path than we are (still in the UK) but everything you say strikes a chord and is something I know we will go through. Should be required reading of the rose-tinted glasses crowd though...

.... and as someone who tried but never succeeded in making babies, hugs for your pain and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here onwards.
Thanks Louie and good luck with your journey too
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

I read your post with much interest as we arrive in Australia in August. I think your account was honest, balanced and thought-provoking. It is thanks to posts like yours that I feel I am facing this move with realism, a healthy fear and minus the rose-tinted spectacles. I have lived in the same place all of my life and am forcing myself out of my comfort zone, like you, to travel the road not taken.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences. Despite the challenges and loneliness I hope that you manage to keep positive, keep strong, keep smiling and that things work out for you. x
Old May 5th 2012, 7:50 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post/ blog entry

Can't help being a smart alec though and pointing out that like most folk you've misinterpreted The Road Not Taken ... in his poem neither path is distinguishable from the other and he's tongue in cheek about it making any difference which path one chooses