Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:35 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

Glad to hear it's all going well Stu.

We're still happy to be home - in Adelaide...

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by wafc
Hi Carole,

I hope you're ok and doing well over there.

I have noticed the kids on the other site are still playing up! It needs to be moderated like this one but thats another story I suppose.

Send us some sun over!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh Stu

Good to hear alls going well & you're glad to be back. Been wondering how you were getting on.
You wouldnt be wearing shorts n t shirts at the mo anyway, tis nippy as a nippy thing.
Take care and dont get rose tinted (says the pot)
xxxx
Tanya
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weasy
Glad to hear it's all going well Stu.

We're still happy to be home - in Adelaide...

Lou
xx
Thanks Lou.

Glad to hear that you're still settled in Oz and you're seeing it as home now which is great! There will always be a part of me that will be a little envious of those that have settled over there.

I will pay Adelaide a visit one day for sure.

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Ahhh Stu

Good to hear alls going well & you're glad to be back. Been wondering how you were getting on.
You wouldnt be wearing shorts n t shirts at the mo anyway, tis nippy as a nippy thing.
Take care and dont get rose tinted (says the pot)
xxxx
Tanya
Cheers Tanya,

I wont get the rose tints I promise!

Where are you up to anyway? Are you heading back to blighty soon or staying put in Oz?

PS - Just got back from an interview for an IT job and it seemed to go very well so I'm hoping that I may be offered the position in the coming days. Would be nice to have some money coming back in again!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:21 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stu,

Glad your settling back in OK, you seem much happier.

I wouldn't worry about the weather. I'm sure it will improve soon...

.. If it's any consolation, it's p****g down here in Somerly at the moment
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lou.

Glad to hear that you're still settled in Oz and you're seeing it as home now which is great! There will always be a part of me that will be a little envious of those that have settled over there.

I will pay Adelaide a visit one day for sure.

Cheers Tanya,

I wont get the rose tints I promise!

Where are you up to anyway? Are you heading back to blighty soon or staying put in Oz?

PS - Just got back from an interview for an IT job and it seemed to go very well so I'm hoping that I may be offered the position in the coming days. Would be nice to have some money coming back in again!

Good luck with the job! Fingers crossed for you.
As I type I'm surrounded by boxes so yes, I'm heading back. Just waiting on
my UK passport and enjoying the blue skies, my friends & the odd soy latte
Am at the, know its the best move but seeing all the things I'll miss stage....
hope the rain stops for you soon xxx
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lou.

Good luck with the job Stu - fingers crossed!!

Was just wondering how you where getting on - your not missing much here in Perth, weather been crap and nothings changed!! infact Marmion Ave is getting even more of a nightmare and with Connolly Drive being opened soon the traffice is gonna be horrendous

Glad to see you settled.

Kath
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi Stu,

Glad your settling back in OK, you seem much happier.

I wouldn't worry about the weather. I'm sure it will improve soon...

.. If it's any consolation, it's p****g down here in Somerly at the moment
Thanks,

I hope your house build is coming along nice now anyway, Somerly is a nice area.

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Good luck with the job! Fingers crossed for you.
As I type I'm surrounded by boxes so yes, I'm heading back. Just waiting on
my UK passport and enjoying the blue skies, my friends & the odd soy latte
Am at the, know its the best move but seeing all the things I'll miss stage....
hope the rain stops for you soon xxx
I know that stage well Birdy! Its amazing how different you look at things once you know that you're leaving. I'm sure you're making the right decision though.

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Good luck with the job Stu - fingers crossed!!

Was just wondering how you where getting on - your not missing much here in Perth, weather been crap and nothings changed!! infact Marmion Ave is getting even more of a nightmare and with Connolly Drive being opened soon the traffice is gonna be horrendous

Glad to see you settled.

Kath
Hiya Kath,

I know what you mean about the Marmion, I was really surprised at the amount of traffic when I was over there, its as bad as the UK, certainly at rush hour time anyway!

Lovely blue skies here today and it was nice yesterday as well! Its about time we got some summer weather. The UK in the sun is lovely.

I was driving to that interview yesterday and I went down some country lanes with fields of hay etc on either side of the road and a clear blue sky and I just had a smile on my face as it was nice to see the lovely parts of the UK again, I think you forget how nice it is here when you're moving to Oz, so it was nice to appreciate it again.

Hope you're all well anyway.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I know that stage well Birdy! Its amazing how different you look at things once you know that you're leaving. I'm sure you're making the right decision though.
Cheers matey

Yeah me 2, you know how it is though - sure then wondering.
Could just see you drivng down the lane with the bales, ahhhhhhhhh
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

And I'm sorry but 4-6 months may sound like "nothing" to you but if in that time it has made you realise that all you want is to be close to friends and family

this is something that i'm now struggling with and I've been here nearly a year now. my circumstances are different, but all i've been thinking about the last few weeks is my family and friends at home.
Good luckxxxx
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:33 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

what about a trip back Deb???

Sort of 'a put things into perspective' trip!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:18 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
And I'm sorry but 4-6 months may sound like "nothing" to you but if in that time it has made you realise that all you want is to be close to friends and family

this is something that i'm now struggling with and I've been here nearly a year now. my circumstances are different, but all i've been thinking about the last few weeks is my family and friends at home.
Good luckxxxx
You've had so much trauma recently that I'm sure that being with those familiar would give you a feeling of security that perhaps is missing in WA. Best wishes and good luck with whatever you chose to do. x