Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

Old May 8th 2007, 9:05 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

Originally Posted by sme
I hope so for you lot. Being so unsettled is an awful feeling .
Yes it is.

Good luck to WAFC in whatever you decide to do. I reckon you're doing the right thing by going back for a holiday. Maybe that will help clear things up for you.

All the best
Old May 8th 2007, 9:19 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Yes it is.

Good luck to WAFC in whatever you decide to do. I reckon you're doing the right thing by going back for a holiday. Maybe that will help clear things up for you.

All the best
And what about you Tracey have you decide what you will do ?

Old May 8th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is.

All the best
So glad you have changed your mind and are going back on hols to decide I think you should go back to the uk in the winter though as we have just come back from validating and making my mind once and for all are we doing the right thing? The weather has been lovely and every where looks better when the sun shining so I can hear myself saying oh its not that bad here is it but maybe if it was our winter i would be desparte to get back to oz. I watched your time line as it is very close to ours but we have'nt sold uk house yet so still here. I hope you make your mind up and it all works out for you. I should'nt really read the going home posts as it makes me panic more whether to do it or not so I will hopefully read that your staying in oz soon. Take care from Laine.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:01 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wafc
Well we've now changed our minds for the millionth and hopefully last time!! lol. We're now just going back to the UK for a hol, so we'll be coming back to Perth! Hopefully the hol will help us to decide for certain where we'd rather be and I do want to at least get citizenship and see how we feel at the 2 year mark. We do like Australia a lot and I personally feel it probably is a slightly better/safer country to bring up children in, but missing family and friends etc and having them around you also means a great deal.

At least doing it this way we wont regret shipping all of our stuff back etc if we'd made the wrong decision!!

All the best to those people who are still deciding etc, its not easy!

Stu
Hi

I read the beginning of this post then skipped to page 4. It's great that you've decided to go back for a holiday first. That's what we always said we would do if it got too bad. We've been here 16 months now and hit a very bad stage at around 5 months. We talked about going back but things picked up (fortunately).

Our house sale in the UK completes this Friday and we've had an offer accepted on a lovely (semi rural) house about 15 minutes outside of Albany. We are so excited about as it's on quite a big block, 3350m2. We've never had so much land!!

I hope everything works out for you. It is difficult early on. Our girls were fine (aged 10 and 11 now) but we suffered. I thought I was prepared for it before arriving but looking back I realise I wasn't. Still, things are great now but I still have the occasional day when I feel awful. Good luck!
Old May 8th 2007, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Issie
And what about you Tracey have you decide what you will do ?

You know what? I haven't got a bloody clue! Honest, I haven't. I change my mind on a daily basis I'm that confused and unsettled.

I am still going on my rekkie to the Gold Coast in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to that. I am secretly hoping that somewhere over there makes me feel right (you know, that gut instinct feeling). I want somewhere to make me go "Wow!"...I haven't had many 'wows' over here! It would be so much simpler to move the family over there than back to the UK. It would make hubby happy and the kids because they don't really remember the UK at all. They're little Aussies now.

One thing is deffinite though; we WILL be leaving Perth at the end of next year.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:15 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

You know what? I haven't got a bloody clue! Honest, I haven't. I change my mind on a daily basis I'm that confused and unsettled.

I am still going on my rekkie to the Gold Coast in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to that. I am secretly hoping that somewhere over there makes me feel right (you know, that gut instinct feeling). I want somewhere to make me go "Wow!"...I haven't had many 'wows' over here! It would be so much simpler to move the family over there than back to the UK. It would make hubby happy and the kids because they don't really remember the UK at all. They're little Aussies now.

One thing is deffinite though; we WILL be leaving Perth at the end of next year.
Good luck to you Tracey.....i hope you find your WOWS in life
Old May 8th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey.... your post ' You know what? I haven't got a bloody clue! Honest, I haven't. I change my mind on a daily basis I'm that confused and unsettled'.

Know the feeling my dear.

The hinterland around Tweed heads is really nice in places - away from the glitzt bits of the GC and green if you like that, with the coast right there too.
While there, if you have time, south of tweed in byronshire is actually really nice. Part from Tassie it does the WOW thing visually

Good luck
x

Last edited by birdynumnum; May 8th 2007 at 11:19 am.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Issie
Good luck to you Tracey.....i hope you find your WOWS in life
Thanks, so do I.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
The hinterland around Tweed heads is really nice in places - away from the glitzt bits of the GC and green if you like that, with the coast right there too.

Good luck
x
I love green! That's something I really miss living up this end of Perth.

When we went over to VIC and toured around there it was beautiful, hilly and green. We drove up through NSW and that really made me say "WOW!!" so beautiful, it was breathtaking in places.

But I'm not going to put pressure on myself to make a decision. At least I'll have seen the GC and Brisbane, then we can take it from there. We still have a long time to decide.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

DSCN0624.JPG (925.5 KB)

Heres a taste of the shire of byron...
Attached Thumbnails 4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!-dscn0624.jpg  
Old May 8th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tracey,just been reading your thread, we are based in north suburbs of Perth and my husband is from Worcester. Had enough of Perth ourselves I have been here 8 years now and my hubby 13 yrs. We met here or I thnik he would have long left.
He is off on a reccy to the gold coast next month, we plan on moving there next Jan, we afe lookng in the Hinterland, miss the green and space. Had enough of suburb after suburb and the isolation. We want to get a caravan and take off for weekends, have done Moore river and margaret river heaps.

Husband misses uk, I dont. Looking forward to our next adventure over east.
Lisa
Old May 8th 2007, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
DSCN0624.JPG (925.5 KB)

Heres a taste of the shire of byron...

Now that's beautiful. How green is it over there!! I feel starved of greeness here!
Thanks for sharing.
Old May 8th 2007, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lissylee
Hi Tracey,just been reading your thread, we are based in north suburbs of Perth and my husband is from Worcester. Had enough of Perth ourselves I have been here 8 years now and my hubby 13 yrs. We met here or I thnik he would have long left.
He is off on a reccy to the gold coast next month, we plan on moving there next Jan, we afe lookng in the Hinterland, miss the green and space. Had enough of suburb after suburb and the isolation. We want to get a caravan and take off for weekends, have done Moore river and margaret river heaps.

Husband misses uk, I dont. Looking forward to our next adventure over east.
Lisa

I'm from Bromsgrove, not far from Worcester. I'm like your hubby, I miss home. My hubby is like you..he doesn't! It's very difficult when you don't want to be in the same place.
I am like you though in as much as I am sick of never ending suburbs and lack of green!
We too are looking at the hinterlands, from Robina area, through Mount Tamborine and all the way up to Samford. I am going to be seriously busy on my rekkie trying to see it all!
Good luck to you over there
Old May 8th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

julie, i just realised its you? glad youve settled back home and that youve made the right choice. did you manage to sell all your stuff yet? we ended up falling out with those friends who let you down!!

i havent been able to face you all that know me, as ive had such a crappy shitty awful time since we arrived that i couldve turned around many times and stepped back on that plane believe me! but ive met such wonderful new friends whove got me through and still continue to be a huge support that i'd miss them now if i went back! think the time has come to do a thread!!

as for WAFC, i think you're making a good choice going home for a hol. my daughter went back on her own in jan for a 4 week holiday because she was missing her friends and footy!! and was gone for 12! but, she's come back a different girl wioth a better outlook on life. so the very best of luck to you

deb

Last edited by debbiemc; May 8th 2007 at 1:25 pm. Reason: just realised i knew who juliecabs was!!
Old May 8th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tracey
My husband was born in bromsgrove, Charford,he took me there for a visit 18 months ago and showed me the church he was baptised in. He grew up in Ch.erry Orchard. His family now live in Alfrick..
Over east we are mainly looking around the eagle heights area and Tamborine. At this stage he will then go back in hopefully Dec and buy a property so we can move directly over there. He renovates houses for a living over here in Perth.
Are you in Perth now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.