3 short years

Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:46 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 short years

Thanks Soapy, great post and cheered me up as I was having my first day of thinking 'what the hell have we done'. I was going to give my exercise class a miss tonight cos I don't feel very sociable but you've made me realise that's the LAST thing I should do.

THANKYOU!!!!!

Lou
xx
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Wow Soapy, thanks for posting that. As you know, we're moving in August and right now I'm really beginning to s*** myself. So many of the expats seem to have it so sorted and your post has reminded me that everyone has "issues" to deal with on arrival, that it's not all rosy and needs work.
right from the start we were always of the opinion that if it didnt work we had only lost money, but had a long holiday, and to be very honest. if we had only lasted a few months it wouldnt have been a holiday at all. to many things to sort out when you get here, never mind having to do it all again on the way back lol. coming from a little village in glasgow called govanhill, we always had to fight hard to get what we wanted. im lucky, pauline always gets what she wants in the end. im too lazy, i would just let it pass us by. having our kids really young made us a lot stronger ( i should say her not us)
i can remember having no cash and i do mean no money at all. pauline nagged me for years to change things. it took me a long time to work out that if we didnt we would be stuck there forever. in the end i gave in ( i had to) and pauline went out and trained to become a madwife, i took on the roll of the house husband. it took her 5 years (of hell for me) to train and get a job, by that time i could go back out to work too. we never looked back after that. within 6 months we owned our own house and said goodbye to poxy govanhill. we only moved about 6 miles away, but it was like the other side of the world to our families, so the next step had to be Oz (something we had talked about for years but could see no way of ever getting there)

now when you have come from that!
this can only get better
sorry for the big long rabble lol

Originally Posted by herrchook
I told my Mum and Dad I was going to Glasgow to meet some "people from the internet" and I was going alone You should have seen the looks I got.

Gill
thats the big problem, what a lot of people dont know is.
we are not really just "people from the internet" we can help others settle here. all people need to do is have a search through this forum and see what a couple in Cairns (shall remain nameless) do for people. its all done to help others settle as quick as they did and make sure they dont make the same mistakes. and at no time do they expect anything in return except a thanks, oh and maybe a beer because i doubt if the guy knows where the bar is

i just wish some posters who are scared to turn up to a meet because it sound like some kind of internet dating thingy would just wise up and try it.
its just people having a beer, wine or even a tea having a gab for the day.
right i better stop rabbling
i do hope we do meet up some day because u sound just as mental as the rest of the scottish lassies
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Soapy a brilliant read there for me. You guys are lucky and what an achievement you all have made. Well done
your right most of it is down to luck

but sometimes you make your own luck lol
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by TeresaG
Great post Soapy. I'm glad that everything has worked out so well for you all.

I hope that we can be as happy when we come over.
thank you

the thing is, you can never tell. what works for me might not work for others.
thats life i guess
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Great read, it sounds like you've had your ups and downs but you've got through them. We too, hope to settle on the gold coast when we get our visa. Best of luck for the next 3 years, and the 3 after that, and that, and that....................................

Lynn
well, get your backside to a meet first chance you get

oh and thanks
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
He's known to the forums as The Master of Pish.
Serving up laughs in a ******g great dish.

But there's more than meets the eye behind the funny charades.
A big heart of gold can be uncovered with a tiniest of spades.

He tries to hide it and pretend it's not there.
But I know what I know and that it's fair

To say to me mate Soapy
You should be called Soppy.

After 3 years in Aus.
You haven't had a paws.

For all his family the lad has worked hard.
And as a consequence has drawn an ace card.

Now my attempt at poetry is unlikely to make him shed a tear.
But when I shake him by the hand he may just buy me a beer.
you made me pish myself again bix
thanks for the poem mate
but i might shite myself if i have to buy you a beer
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:48 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by curly
God I enjoyed reading that

Book us a table in the pac pines pub august
done
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by thewoodz
fantastic post!! esp great to hear that the kids seemed to have embraced their new lives to, always a worry whatever age the kids are but esp teenagers.
heres to life getting better and better
i will never be sure they have settled until they are married and pissed off away from us lol

when they first find friends at school i always worried that they were one argument with a new friend away from hating everything about OZ lol
i think you know what i mean
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:51 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by deanmhunt
Excellent post
Best wishes to you and your family, good luck with the next few years!!!!!
Tracey only 7 weeks in !!! xx
thanks tracey and good luck to you all too
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I seem to have consumed a lot of alcohol this evening, so I'll read your epistle tomorrow

And if it gets moved, it wasn't me! I did manage to read that much!!!
lmao polly, yir still mental
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by samnsam
Brilliant post, got me so envious now.
Cheers Sam
thank you
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Brilliant post

Tracey
thanks tracey and thank you very much for the karma
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by seang
Good on ya Soapy. A true gentleman of the forum.
are you trying to get me into bed?

cheers mate
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Point 1
Both Pauline and I have been married for 23 years, people always say that we make it look easy.

FFS mate, i can see why 23 years, you almost talked the pants aff me

BTW that was an excellent post!!!!!!!!!!! just got me a bit concerned about moving to Sydney, where was that 1 1/2 Bedroom sauna you were renting. We are looking at making the move June/July and prob spend most weekends in Coogee swallying in the Coogee Bay or The palace with the Bro and his mates till i get my own The next time you head down, nip in and you can be my best mate.

Just one more wee thing, i have no idea why but i let the missus read this and she had watery eyes, I have never managed to get her to do that

All the best mate in whats ahead.
its next to the royal bar in randwick (dont worry u will find it) its called the randwick lodge.
you will love coogee mate great spot to start. another pub to try out is the coach and horses also in randwick (more of a mans pub than the coogee bay hotel.

as for the wife?
wumin
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hehe. Great post mate. Let me know how you get on with the kayaks - we're seriously considering getting some too (got ocean and river here).
i will do. one of our mates had a go on it at pauline party on the beach and went out and bought one the next day for him and his son. i think that says it all lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.