Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 months on - small update

3 months on - small update

Old Dec 28th 2006, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 months on - small update

Originally Posted by liver bird
thanks so much, I hope so too. I'm finding it much much harder than ever I thought it would be. I hope you feel better soon too and lots of luck to you. x
Don't want to put you off or appear to be negative but if you need any support there are a lot of us here on the moving back to UK forum.
Lots of advise and tonnes of support.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:54 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Beware the dark side

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Don't want to put you off or appear to be negative but if you need any support there are a lot of us here on the moving back to UK forum.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

I can relate to everything the OP said. Hang in there and things may change for the better. Good luck
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so much, I do look at the forum but it just makes me so excited at the idea of going home and I know that for at least a year we can't, cos of money - and then I go mental and think' oh shall we just buy? as I hate hate living in rented places! am a nervous wreck with the kids (our place has cream carpets argh!).

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
I wish you all the best Liver Bird. It's not necessarily the dream we big it up to be is it?

Those first few months were a killer for us - well for me moreso. Homesickness was something else. Tough them out though, because after that is often a nice period, though there was no 'honeymoon' for me - just far more pleasant and easy. Don't think forever - don't think anything but a day at a time if possible. We had 2.5 good years and came back with a baby, dog, and new qualification and career for OH, and have citizenship for us and the kids for any return we may make in the future. We have no regrets about going or returning, but I KNOW that if I returned within a few months I would regret it. If it helps, treat it as a long holiday for now and see how it goes, but do take it a day at a time if you can.
no, definitely not - thank you so much, i'll try but i really wish I'd known how hard it was going to be.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Look what you have achieved - it says it all in your invaluable honest post.
You should be proud for hanging in there.
It takes time.
I know as my best mate has been on MSN and the phone numerous times since she arrived nearly a year ago in January and her calls are becoming less frequent and less stressful because she is getting there.
She had no friends for the first 4 months and then had many invites for christmas.
What I am saying is you will get there!!
Be brave,
J x
oh thanks, that's really nice of you, just a few more months to go.. feels like new kid at school am big billy no mates!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:29 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry, you will get there. i had the same problem at school....big f@#k off sign on saying my forehead "not from round here......indeed a pom to boot", or so i thought. it does get easier............it's not great now, but it is better........the lollipop man and lady now wave to me

we are strangers in another country............we have got to get used to their ways, and they have to get used to us. hope this doesnt sound too patronising.

we will get there hun, honest. bottoms up to 2007 being okay for us.
xx
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:07 am
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Always find these posts helpful.
Cheers M&M
Old Dec 30th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by liver bird
oh thanks, that's really nice of you, just a few more months to go.. feels like new kid at school am big billy no mates!
Your not billy no mates! Your a lovely lady, if the kids are at school why not get involved in something for a few hours a week, maybe a local dog rescue, it'd get you out and meeting people, the dogs would love the attention too