Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 months;could'nt hack it! back in Uk

3 months;could'nt hack it! back in Uk

Old May 29th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 3 months;could'nt hack it! back in Uk

Thanks Polyana, your right, it will probablly make us feel better if we get flights booked etc and no we are returning instead of the limbo feeling. Yeah we start to enjoy what time we may have left, dont want to have any regrets.

thanks

sj x

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Really sorry to hear its not worked out for you. Hopefully taking the decision to return home will make you start to feel better - I've seen other posters say that once you've decided to go back its like a light at the end of the tunnel, and it even allows them sometimes to view the rest of the time here as almost an extended holiday - take the chance to see places while you're here, especially if you have friends coming over. Try and enjoy their visit as much as you can, and then good luck for the move back
Hugs
Old May 29th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Thanks soapy, we will try and get some things organised for when they get here as dont want to moap about and ruin their holiday. I do need to stop stressing about it.

cheers

sj

Originally Posted by soapy
you now know u want to go home, so stup stressing yourself and try to enjoy the time you have left.
or tell your friends that you wont be here when they get here and maybe you can help them out if they decide to cancel
good luck anyway guys
Old May 29th 2007, 9:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Thanks soapy, we will try and get some things organised for when they get here as dont want to moap about and ruin their holiday. I do need to stop stressing about it.

cheers

sj
its really hard not to stress when you are not happy, but knowing that you will be leaving should help
Old May 29th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Like some other posts, we want to go home too. We have been here 5 months, and i just cant stand it at the moment. We have family here and thought because of that it would be so much easier and make it a little less stressful. The problem is my cousins were all born here and have been brought up in an aussie way, and i have realised we have nothing in common as have had completley different upbringings, so have different attitudes and morals and outlooks etc. They expect us to change and get into their way of thinking but its too hard when you are what you are. We left a nice lifestyle in scotland with financial security, and have done nothing but struggle here, we did not expect it to be easy but it has really put into perspective what we had and we took it all for granted. Our family here in Aus think we have no sense of reality and think we had it handed to us on a plate back home, when in fact we both worked our backsides off, they cant see how or why we would be homesick or would look back, but we do and that is that. The problem is we have a friends coming over in october but if it was not for that, we would be home by now, as its just not for us. Some people know and some dont, some people just take longer to get used to it, but we know where our bread was buttered. And now i sometimes wish we had never spent those 5 yrs planning to get here, as its not what we thought it would be for us. I suppose we had to come to get it out our system as we always wanted to come here, but i'm making myself ill, from anxiety and crying and mygrains etc and thats not normal behaviour.
So some people just Know !, whats for them and whats not.

sj
Sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about the cousins thing! I think the hardest thing is letting go of the hopes you had for Oz. Coming back is lovely...many returnees appreciate what they had and what the UK is, FAR more.Have you found the moving back to Uk forum yet?
Old May 29th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I had a look at it last night, interested to know cost involved etc, was a bit of a wake up call i had to say, but then nothing comes easy and it was not cheap getting to aus either. Good luck back in the UK, hope you find happiness and contentmant seasprite.

sj x

QUOTE=seasprite;4845116]Sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about the cousins thing! I think the hardest thing is letting go of the hopes you had for Oz. Coming back is lovely...many returnees appreciate what they had and what the UK is, FAR more.Have you found the moving back to Uk forum yet? [/QUOTE]
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
you now know u want to go home, so stup stressing yourself and try to enjoy the time you have left.
or tell your friends that you wont be here when they get here and maybe you can help them out if they decide to cancel
good luck anyway guys
soaps, i think your right, they've gotta think of themselves, and as I offered if the worst comes to the worst the pals can stay with us(and i genuinely mean that sj)

speak ta ya soon sj, chin up!!!! and if its defo what you want , then ya go. You've tried it and its now outta yir system, i know you will be going back and starting from scratch and as i keep saying, you've got youth on your side (lucky buggers), who knows maybe when your my age you'll come back (you can visit me, soapy, bordy and bix in our nursing homes then, lol)

of course your cousins dont know what your on about, how would they feel if they suddenly found themselves in lanarkshire, dafft buggers, i know hun and can appreciate all your saying, you left alot back and scotland ,you do what you all think is best. Of course i'd rather your stay, but that's for selfish reasons i.e you can understawn whit am sayen, lol

If yir definately staying until yir pals come in oct, you may be able to tie things up and be back a month or two after their visit, there that doesn't feel so long now does it, but remember that'll be dec, brrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by Margaret3; Jun 1st 2007 at 1:54 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mags

luv you lots
you always say teh right things and put it all into perspective. Thanks for offer on boarding ma pals, but dont think she'd forgee me if we bugger off just now as i did bugger out the uk and leave her to sell the hoose for us.lol. We are trying to think of it as a working holiday now and not thinking that its a forever thing if that makes sense because then we will stop being so negative and start enjoying it a bit more. Yeah and the cousins would not last a min in sunny bellshill, not on our wave length at all. I feel like a right twat as we had a leaving party and all that too and it was not that long ago. You might be right we might be ping pongers, need to make some decent dosh first though
I texted you last night.Call you today

thanks mags x

Originally Posted by Margaret3
soaps, i think your right, they've gotta think of themselves, and as I offered if the worst comes to the worst the pals can stay with us(and i genuinely mean that sj)

speak ta ya soon sj, chin up!!!! and if its defo what you want , then ya go. You've tried it and its now outta yir system, i know you will be going back and starting from scratch and as i keep saying, you've got youth on your side (lucky buggers), who knows maybe when your my age you'll come back (you can visit me, soapy, bordy and bix in our nursing homes then, lol)

of course your cousins dont know what your on about, how would they feel if they suddenly found themselves in lanarkshire, dafft buggers, i know hun and can appreciate all your saying, you left alot back and scotland ,you do what you all think is best. Of course i'd rather your stay, but that's for selfish reasons i.e you can understawn whit am sayen, lol

If yir definately staying until yir pals come in oct, you may be able to tie things up and be back a month or two after their visit, there that doesn't feel so long now does it, but remember that'll be dec, brrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:28 pm
Nomadic Member

Rhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really nice

Originally Posted by seasprite
well, I wont say too much, no point, see returning to Uk forum for more detail! I used to scorn people like me, but it was not worth getting ill about, so we came back. I am too English and we love it here! We could not have done more research, visits, lists and plans etc. The reality can be quite a shock and quite a dull one! Lovely place for hols, but not for us for a lifetime. (or even 6 months!), Would recommend keeping a property in Uk if you can. Try it, you wont know til you have. Good luck to all. Sorry bit brief, but bit p*****d! Everyone here was a great help,although a bit too positive! If your heart aches for home then come back!

There's no place like home. It doesn't matter if its 10 kms away or 10000. If you miss it, you miss it.

I'm 3000 kms away from home (although not the place I was born-more like my spiritual home). Have 5 more months to do here in WA before I can go back.

A college friend of mine who is scottish has this CD of a scottish band which has a song that says "and I would walk 500 miles". Well I would walk a lot more than that, but I know I have to wait to finish college.

I made the decision to come here cos I know its best for my long term future, but to be honest I cant wait for this to be over and for my "future" to begin.

Good luck with your future in the UK.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:32 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhia27
There's no place like home. It doesn't matter if its 10 kms away or 10000. If you miss it, you miss it.

I'm 3000 kms away from home (although not the place I was born-more like my spiritual home). Have 5 more months to do here in WA before I can go back.

A college friend of mine who is scottish has this CD of a scottish band which has a song that says "and I would walk 500 miles". Well I would walk a lot more than that, but I know I have to wait to finish college.

I made the decision to come here cos I know its best for my long term future, but to be honest I cant wait for this to be over and for my "future" to begin.

Good luck with your future in the UK.
Ah, the proclaimers! Fab song, Fab band. I play them often and loud
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:43 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

sj
Stop stressing NOW! Thats an order

If your cousins came to the UK you would expect then to adapt but if they couldnt, I'm sure you would support them every way you could.

The fact that you havent been able to settle just means where you are isnt right for you right now. It may have ben right for you 5 years ago (it may even be right for you 5 years from now) but the fact is right here right now its wrong, so change it.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Stop stressing NOW! Thats an order

If your cousins came to the UK you would expect then to adapt but if they couldnt, I'm sure you would support them every way you could.

The fact that you havent been able to settle just means where you are isnt right for you right now. It may have ben right for you 5 years ago (it may even be right for you 5 years from now) but the fact is right here right now its wrong, so change it.

, , thanks, i think when i'm anxious i'm looking for reassurance as well, and your a so right, it might just not be the right time just now, and only way to solve it is to change it. Great advice.

cheers
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Nah, most of them are Aussies, a couple of kiwis, some mates of ours moved over from UK, just before us, so we see them quite a bit. Have met other Poms thru Aussie mates, but most of our mates are Aussie. Bloody good show!

Sonic x
I have found it to be a bit 50 50 on the aussie poms friendship debate. although i wouldnt recommend trying to make friends through expats as most people u meet dont bother to get in touch again so we dont bother any more. Have found that the people we meet in everyday life to be the best people to make friends with
Raven
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
I have found it to be a bit 50 50 on the aussie poms friendship debate. although i wouldnt recommend trying to make friends through expats as most people u meet dont bother to get in touch again so we dont bother any more. Have found that the people we meet in everyday life to be the best people to make friends with
Raven
oi matey!!! you better still be around for a brew though after we land!!! from an expat 'friend'.haha.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
Raven
I have met loads of people through expats. I would say if nobody has bothered to get in touch with you then it may be more to do with you than them
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Ah, the proclaimers! Fab song, Fab band. I play them often and loud
The only way to play that song by the Proclaimers is as loud as you can, you stomp your feet as hard as you can and you sing until you lose your voice.

Brilliant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.