Now we're Aussies!

Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:20 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now we're Aussies!

So, as Vash has inspired me, I thought I would bring you up to date with what has been happening in the ROMFT/Rasen78 household.

We have had another eventful year. ROMFT took a knock from his motorbike last year. Bike was written off and ROMFT was left not quite the whole man he was before.

We had a wonderful holiday on Kangaroo Island, while the MIL was visiting, and then we moved house, back to the first suburb we lived in. Closer to school and friends and the bonus of a pool which made our daughter very happy.
Attached Thumbnails Now we're Aussies!-20150722_110819.jpg   Now we're Aussies!-20150929_112001.jpg   Now we're Aussies!-20151001_145613.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now we're Aussies!

Originally Posted by rasen78
So, as Vash has inspired me, I thought I would bring you up to date with what has been happening in the ROMFT/Rasen78 household.

We have had another eventful year. ROMFT took a knock from his motorbike last year. Bike was written off and ROMFT was left not quite the whole man he was before.

We had a wonderful holiday on Kangaroo Island, while the MIL was visiting, and then we moved house, back to the first suburb we lived in. Closer to school and friends and the bonus of a pool which made our daughter very happy.
Congratulations guys!
Old Oct 27th 2016, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:22 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Got more to add later :-)
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Got more to add later :-)
My breath is bated.....
Old Oct 28th 2016, 10:27 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My breath is bated.....

So, new house with a pool, and things moved along quite steadily. Kids enjoying school, son got selected to play for the JPL team for his soccer club, work got really busy as we had staff changes and I ummed and ahhed over whether to go for a promotion.

I decided it wasn't the right time, so things stayed as they were, for a few months until the opportunity came up again, so I went for it and got the promotion and started my new management role in July. A big change for all of us as I went from PT to FT work, but am enjoying it and have more opportunities for interstate travel.

Another wonderful holiday, this time in Cairns where we got to do so many fantastic things, including snorkelling on the barrier reef, ziplining through the forest, travelling on the skyrail and train to Karunda and back and canyoning. I came back home, literally black and blue from the bruises but completely exhilarated!

The Monday after we returned, we had our citizenship ceremony, along with around 140 other people.

The this week, I had a phone call from work to say our son had an accident and after a dash to school and a trip via ambo to the hospital, the boy was diagnosed with a broken collarbone! All from playing 'non-contact' AFL at lunchtime. There's a reason he's a soccer player

All in all, we have had a good year. Big changes, mainly due to my job, but moving closer to school has made things much easier and the kids are enjoying being closer to their friends etc. ROMFT has been busy with his work and has been travelling interstate, mainly to Melbourne, but has also been to Perth, Canberra and Sydney.

Looking forward to the next year and seeing what happens. The boy start high school and again, has been selected for the JPL team, this time the under 13s and he will be the goalkeeper and ROMFT also coaches them. The girl has also had some try outs as she wants to give it a go too. Busy times ahead!!

Photos won't upload at the moment so will have to try again later
Old Oct 29th 2016, 9:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about S - hopefully he won't be side lined for too long.

we'll have to have a catch up again soon
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Clever move, did your MiL ever catch up with you. ?

No seriously, great to read, congrats.