1 year in Oz today

Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:32 am
Just Joined

coxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant future
Default 1 year in Oz today

Hi all,

Well my hubby and I have just made achieved our first yr in Oz
We live on the sunshine coast now and love it here. We thought back in the U.K we would live and settle in Brisbane but when we got their it was a shock to find we both hated it with a passion. Having never been to Oz before needless to say I got a little upset and panicky. But we sat back and thought about it and started to look around. We ended up at the Gold Coast and loved it to begin with!! but I couldn't settle and I have always loved the sunny coast so here we are.
My husband has a good job which he enjoys and we have become good friends with the boss and his wife. And I started uni in February, (apparently as a mature student!!) and just completed my first semester.
Although there can be many difficulties with such a huge move and different culture it is worth holding in there for at least a yr to 18 months just to make sure. As their have been many times I wanted to go back, but I never and now have opportunities with study that I wouldn't have managed in the U.K.

Anyway enough rambling from me.

Have a good time however long in Oz
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all
Default Re: 1 year in Oz today

Originally Posted by coxie
Hi all,

We live on the sunshine coast now and love it here. We thought back in the U.K we would live and settle in Brisbane but when we got their it was a shock to find we both hated it with a passion. Having never been to Oz before needless to say I got a little upset and panicky. But we sat back and thought about it and started to look around. We ended up at the Gold Coast and loved it to begin with!! but I couldn't settle and I have always loved the sunny coast so here we are.
My husband has a good job which he enjoys and we have become good friends with the boss and his wife. And I started uni in February, (apparently as a mature student!!) and just completed my first semester.
Although there can be many difficulties with such a huge move and different culture it is worth holding in there for at least a yr to 18 months just to make sure. As their have been many times I wanted to go back, but I never and now have opportunities with study that I wouldn't have managed in the U.K.

Excellent news - hope my time goes as well as yours.

All the best

Zach
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi all,

Thats good to hear, as we all tend to feel apprehensive and give up too soon. But there is light at the end of the tunnel...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Glad to hear you have settled and hope you carry on enjoying yor new life down under keep us posted
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Great to hear of another happy bunny on the sunny coast!

selina x
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:01 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I am pleased to hear that you tried a few places when the first place didn't suit. Well done to you.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 4:31 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

well done

am glad to hear that things are going well for you, you were very brave to admit that Brisbane wasnt for you after it had been your dream for so long

hope you have a good life from now on