1 year in Brisbane -

Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future
Default 1 year in Brisbane -

Well, what an eventful year it has been. Arrived on 29/03/08, my 6th Birthday. spent first 2 months with Uncle and Aunt, moved to rental in Forest Lake. Kids settled into school. All good.

After a lot of mucking around, the buyers on our property eventually received an offer on their house. We had dropped the price on ours quite alot to stimulate more interest and allow them to sell. We eventually sold and got our money early september. so we decided to look at buying. Well that was a very interesting. We thought we may like to stay in Forest Lake, the kids were settled at school and we had got to know a few people. We looked at many houses some a little more than what we wanted to spend, some less, and those at the right amount. Nothing, all badly presented and just not right. We started to look at different options and looked at different suburbs around, still nothing, I was starting to wonder if I would like any of the houses in our price. We spoke to people and someone suggested speaking to agents, which I had done, but would never follow up. so I contacted a few again, still no luck. By this time I am really getting fed up, we had looked at so many houses, I knew from the outside if I wanted to go in.

Well in the end we did find a house, just the right size, very plain so we can add our own touch and only a few years old, so pretty up to date on specs.

I was quite shocked to put in offer and sign contract all in one night, aarrgghh!!! had a few sleepless nights worrying if this was right.
Roped in some friends to help with the move, saving huge amount of money, it was a hot November day, what fun!!

We have settled into the house and starting to make it ours.

Work for me has been pretty slow since buying the house and started to look for permenant work, this has proved very difficult. I am still looking. My problem, I still want to be about for the kids in school holidays!!!

We have regular contact with family and friends in the UK, in-laws skype every 2 weeks and takes 3 hours of Sunday evening up (we don't do much talking) My Sis-in-law is in regular contact and we speak often on skype which the kids like as they can see their cousins. I still speak so my Mum every 2 weeks, but nothing has improved, so not much is said anymore.
Only spoken to my dad 3 times on the whole year, although he has never been one for telephone conversations. My gran (who is 94) is till going strong, but beginning to fade, so I find that upsetting to think the chances of seeing her again are slim, I used to spend a alot of time with her, cleaning her house and providing meals during the week.

We are now Permanent Residents, my OH company sponsored him, that was all done while we were buying the house and got it early december, which was very quick!!!! didn't even need to go offshore to have visa granted. This supposedly has improved my chances of work, but not made much difference. Oh well.

I am very much a taxi service for my 3 kids, what with rugby, Netball, Swimming, Little Athletics, and guides, my only evening off is now thursdays. My eldest has moved up to High School and loves it, (Forest Lake High) she was lucky to get into there Lighthouse programme, enjoying all the work, even though there is lots of it. My Son is in the School Rugby League team, he may be skinny and little, but fast, so an asset to the team.

We have survived our 1st Summer, was a traditional Summer for Brisbane, so quite wet, some storms and humid weather with hot days, fortunately not as hot as the South had, but the humidity takes it out of you, thank goodness for the air-conditioning. I am now looking forward to Autumn and Winter and starting to notice the temperature starting to drop!!!!!

Oh we have got a dog, couldn't live without one (left our 2 in UK) so found a pup which I now have to take to the vets for his last jabs so we can take him out........

to be cont'd............................................ .......................................
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 year in Brisbane -

Good update, hope all goes well,for you and the family.Hope you like your first winter lot of sun and temps at least 8/10c at night
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
Well, what an eventful year it has been. Arrived on 29/03/08, my 6th Birthday.
Fantastic ability at English and superb grammar for someone who isn't even 7!!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Fantastic ability at English and superb grammar for someone who isn't even 7!!
Think she forgot the 4!

Nice update & glad all going well