Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:05 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

brilliant news sharon, it seems everything is settling into place for you and your family?
what made you choose townsville?
bec
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by egghead4
brilliant news sharon, it seems everything is settling into place for you and your family?
what made you choose townsville?
bec
Hi Bec
Well my brother moved here 2 years ago with his familly, so that was really the deciding factor, but i would only have com to somewere like this as it is tropical, and i love the heat, townsville is truly a lovely place everything only 15mins away, the weather is wet on and off at the moment, but its so warm that you welcome any rain here, i love the fact that coats are a thing of the past, that i can take my food down tothe beach and use one o the many barbies there and cook looking out to sea, there is so much to love about this place that you would prob fall aslep by the time im finished lol, but i couldnt recomend it highly enough.......where are you thinking of settling..
sharon
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:43 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations on settling in so quickly, I only hope that we can do it as efficiently as you both, David in a job and you already in a routine, sounds absolutely perfect!

Feeling envious that you're already there, but better since we got our grant letter!!!

Keep us posted and when I get there I'm sure we'll make it to Townsville on our happy Aussie holidays... because, saving a family catastrophe we'll be there for 2 years without leaving!

Ali x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear its going so well for you, you sound right at home already
Has having family there already made a big difference to this, I must admit I'm getting a little scared at moving and knowing absolutely no one at all.

Looking forward to your next installment!

Sam
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Pleased to hear its going so well for you, you sound right at home already
Has having family there already made a big difference to this, I must admit I'm getting a little scared at moving and knowing absolutely no one at all.

Looking forward to your next installment!

Sam
Hi Sam
Lovely to hear from you, hope you had a good xmas and new year proves to be what you are looking for,
Townsville is truely a lovely place, i love the heat an new i wanted to come here and live the tropical life style, my brother being here is nice and its great being near some familly, but remeber that i started of moving to france with no familly at all, although i missed them all and had my up days and down days it lead me here, so you will be no different, but i believe that you have to think f your familys futures and unfortunately with all the terrible things going on in britain at the moment the future for the children is dim there, i dont think i have ever experienced such a lovely lifestyle as i do here, everything is just 15 mins away, kids have the best time, with so much to do, and of course its just as good for the parents, took shosh to the beach water park yesterday its on the beach in the open the sun was shinning the parents were playing along side the kids and it was brill, of course life does take over and things are not easy on all fronts, my oh is working really hard and of course he works outside in the heat, but he is getting used to it, we came with very little money so its prob been a little harder for us, and we are living at the moment with just the basics, but i have a lovely house on a lovely clean estate, reminds me of florida, and the bills are being paid, not a whole lot left after mind you, but we are able to get some assistance and of course once shosh is settled in school i will find some sort of job which will help, but hey might be tight with the money, but there is so much good here which does out do the bad, i speak to all my familly over the net and i have a good deal on the phone which means i can phone them for 2 cents a min, so at least i keep in touch a lot, and i feel that we have def made the right choice, what ever the future holds for us here, i no with a bit of hard work we can do it, and for the children wow the opportunitys are huge, so put away your doubts and just jump in, i dont think you will regret it as long as you have picked the right place to live for the right reasons.......
sharon
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sharon

What a lovely post, you have cheered me up lots
Just want to get on with it all now, I'm sure that's why I keep having worries as it seems to take so long but I'm still positive that 2008 will be our year!

Raining buckets here, we now have a pond in the garden, hope you're enjoying some nicer weather.

Take care

Sam
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

So glad its all worked out for the best, we are all very jealous over here especially when the weather is soooo bad.....so sick of rain and wind!!!!!

Keep in touch, not many of us Sept crowd left now, Agent says things have slowed down but there have been quite a few 'Got its' this week.

Fingers crossed for us paper people who have heard nowt!!!!

Claire x
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:45 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

So cool to hear you're ettling in so well, can't believe you're not missing freezing your buts of in the land of the frogs though
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All
Really good to hear from you, it wont be long for you all now, things will start to speed up now that xms is out of the way, and it takes a few weeks just for everyone to get back into the swing of things.
just been out doing a shop, and it must be about 32 here, i am wet through, NOT I MAY ADD FROM THE RAIN LOL, Im beginning to forget what cold feels like, the best i get is the air con, but its wonderful, although make-up is a thing of the past, perfume is a thing of the past, and straight hair is a thing of the past, soooooooooooo just need to find a good plastic surgeon now, so i dont need to think about these things lol.
sharon