Advice please! NHS Pension, Saudi, NI?

Old Dec 8th 2014, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Stubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please! NHS Pension, Saudi, NI?

Hi everyone,

I'm 29 years old have only been contributing to an NHS pension for two years this march.

I'm now taking a job in Saudi... What should I do with my pension? I've been told I can withdraw anything I've put in up until the two years... After that I can't access the money until retirement. Just wondering if it be worth keeping it or not?

And what pension should I put into while in Saudi??

Also any forms I should fill out for the tax man regarding NI etc...? I don't want taxed loads when I being my money back into the UK after a few years in saudi?
Old Dec 13th 2014, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

john in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please! NHS Pension, Saudi, NI?

No advice on what you should do can be given via this means - consideration should be whether or not you are returning back to the UK as you have indicated. If going back you may consider making voluntary contributions into it but you will need to check with NHS.

Your could withdraw the 2 years contributions and put it into another pension fund as you indicated above however you are leaving a defined benefit scheme by doing so..

As for other pensions there is nothing stopping you opening a UK personal pension and using that to make contributions into whilst working away. You can also open a pension account offshore as well.

I hope that helps but you should be seeking professional advice in relation to long term retirement and financial planning - If you need advice I can refer you to a UK adviser to help guide you in your journey :-)

Last edited by john in oz; Dec 13th 2014 at 1:34 am. Reason: technical update
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Stubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice please! NHS Pension, Saudi, NI?

Hi John, I just sent you a private message.