Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > UK, Ireland and Europe Jobs
Reload this Page >

Writing/online marketing, regular role for established firm

Writing/online marketing, regular role for established firm

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:46 am
Just Joined

searchingtosee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Writing/online marketing, regular role for established firm

We are a small team with a service that helps families to find private tutors in their local area. Primarily, we are a service for UK families but as an online business we work with a team which is spread across the world. This helps to give us wider coverage in terms of hours and gives our business a broader outlook.

We all work remotely but talk daily using Skype, etc and find this works well.

We're looking for an addition to the team to cover UK hours 9/10am until around 3pm. The work would be three-fold:

- Writing content for our blog, or online advice articles, the odd press release, etc and sending them off to our marketers for distribution - 70%
- Answering customer enquiries by email (this would be families looking for help) - 20%
- Moderating our forums (allowing and blocking some content where relevant) 10%

Really, we're looking for someone who wants a steady role working for a progressive firm. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is the ability to work without supervision and use a computer effectively.

Languages are always a bonus but we'd settle for good English!

Beyond that we have an open mind! We always train people in how we do things so experience in the tasks I've outlined is not terribly important. The skills however (writing and IT) are essential.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Peter J White is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Writing/online marketing, regular role for established firm

Botswana, email, mobile 267 71910411
Wow! This sounds tailor made for someone like me - a writer for many years with a small editing and proofreading business, not all that busy and looking for something new. In days of yore I was a Senior Information Officer in Zimbabwe but parted company with them in the 90's and came to Gaborone, Botswana. My business is 'Document Review.'
I am a member of Guru and Fastedit, two international freelance websites which sent me work (but not enough) from time to time. I believe I can say my writing is good, objective and accurate. I can still speak Swahili, from former days in East Africa, and read French reasonably well but English has always been my passion and - well, my life. I grew up in Britain. I went back at the ripe old age of 32 and did a BA from the University of Westminster.
But there is much more to building a team like yours than education and experience isn't there? I am conscientious, loyal and keep my word.
I am married with three dependent children. Peter J White
Old Jul 26th 2010, 9:31 am
Just Joined

DaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really nice

Originally Posted by searchingtosee
We are a small team with a service that helps families to find private tutors in their local area. Primarily, we are a service for UK families but as an online business we work with a team which is spread across the world. This helps to give us wider coverage in terms of hours and gives our business a broader outlook.

We're looking for an addition to the team to cover UK hours 9/10am until around 3pm. The work would be three-fold:

- Writing content for our blog, or online advice articles, the odd press release, etc and sending them off to our marketers for distribution - 70%
- Answering customer enquiries by email (this would be families looking for help) - 20%

Really, we're looking for someone who wants a steady role working for a progressive firm. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is the ability to work without supervision and use a computer effectively.

Beyond that we have an open mind! We always train people in how we do things so experience in the tasks I've outlined is not terribly important. The skills however (writing and IT) are essential.
I would be interested in knowing more about this role. I have extensive experience writing for myself and others having been doing Internet Marketing for the past 3 years.

I will send you a PM with some more details about myself.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am a freelance writer, originally Irish, now based in Bucharest, Romania. I have very considerable experience of most types of writing, and guarantee a fast turn-around time on projects without compromising copy quality in any way.

In the past, I have worked as a teacher, trainer, lawyer, editor/proofreader, copywriter and handbook writer; I have also, however, done various other kinds of writing.

My writing skills are superb, both in technical terms (grammar, syntax etc) and in terms of style. I can provide samples of my work if required. I also have excellent oral communication skills, with experience of public speaking, presentations, teaching and interviewing.

While not a computer expert, I can easily work with Excel, Powerpoint and other applications, and MS Word is second nature to me.

I would be very interested in discussing one of these positions, and will be happy to forward any documents required.

My contact details are as follows:

Name: Michael J. Waters
Email: [email protected]
<snip>
I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Mike Waters.

Last edited by Sue; Aug 5th 2010 at 11:39 am. Reason: I've removed your address and phone no, it's not wise to post such personal details on public forum
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:45 am
Just Joined

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeWaters
Hi,

I am a freelance writer, originally Irish, now based in Bucharest, Romania. I have very considerable experience of most types of writing, and guarantee a fast turn-around time on projects without compromising copy quality in any way.

In the past, I have worked as a teacher, trainer, lawyer, editor/proofreader, copywriter and handbook writer; I have also, however, done various other kinds of writing.

My writing skills are superb, both in technical terms (grammar, syntax etc) and in terms of style. I can provide samples of my work if required. I also have excellent oral communication skills, with experience of public speaking, presentations, teaching and interviewing.

While not a computer expert, I can easily work with Excel, Powerpoint and other applications, and MS Word is second nature to me.

I would be very interested in discussing one of these positions, and will be happy to forward any documents required.

My contact details are as follows:

Name: Michael J. Waters
Email: [email protected]
<snip>
I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Mike Waters.
Actually, many thanks, Sue. When I replied, I forgot for a second that it was a public forum where my reply could be read by all!

I was just about to edit it, having realized what I had done.

Mea culpa ...
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

80fman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a national award-winning UK-based editor and communications professional with in-depth online experience and, if you still need writing/marketing support, I would like to apply.

My email address is: [email protected]
Many thanks
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

cozza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interested in applying for the position advertised if it's still available.
I am a married mother of 3 teenage daughters,totally redundant at home and looking for a new challenge!
The biggest change we made to our lives was to move to Costa de la Luz, in Spain,7 years ago with all
the challenges that involves!Now our daughters are fully immersed in the Spanish life style,totally fluent
in Spanish and doing well at school and college leaving me with time on my hands.
The service you offer providing private tutors would have been invaluable during our first months living here and would have provided our daughters with an excellent start to their new life.
I can speak Spanish to a conversational level,and,of course,my English is excellent!
When we first moved over,our middle daughter had the biggest problem with the pronounciation of her name.She is called Hayley and spent the first few weeks here being called Ayley because in Spanish,the 'H' is silent!Her Spanish friends soon cottoned on though and any new teacher calling her Ayley was soon met by a chorus of 'Hayley'.
I am well versed in the use of computers and Skype,both essential tools for keeping in touch with family and friends back in the UK.
I love reading and writing and won the Cassandra prize for literature at my Secondary School,a long time ago now,
but an achievement nevertheless!
If required,I would be happy to send you my CV.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you,
Best Wishes,
Corinne Smith
searchingtosee;8719762]We are a small team with a service that helps families to find private tutors in their local area. Primarily, we are a service for UK families but as an online business we work with a team which is spread across the world. This helps to give us wider coverage in terms of hours and gives our business a broader outlook.

Beyond that we have an open mind! We always train people in how we do things so experience in the tasks I've outlined is not terribly important. The skills however (writing and IT) are essential.[/QUOTE]