Musicians wanted

Old Apr 28th 2016, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Tom Mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Musicians wanted

First off, sorry to be so vague, but understandably admin don’t want those registered to advertise anything within their posts.

Myself a Brit and my German colleague are seeking musicians from solo artists (i.e. guitar or keyboards) to 3 or 4 piece band, to play at three events we are running in different parts of Germany – south in Eigeltingen evenings of 24 and/or 25 June 2016, west in Fürstenau 12 and/or 13 August 2016, and finally north near Walsrode 1 and/or 2 October 2016 … although I can’t state what type of events as this would contravene forum rules.

The musicians have to be able to play cover versions of rock/middle of the road/pop songs (not their own material) from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s & 00’s. Virtually nothing after that as they will all be older type audiences – what I can say is, these events will not be ‘raves’, so up to date chart music is not needed. The actual songs would be mainly English/American performed in English, or popular German songs performed in German.

As for the venues and size of the audiences, we are only talking about 100+ people milling around the bar and fire-pit at each event, so no need for massive amplification or speakers - again we are not talking about a music festival with a big stage! Each will be a small intimate venue where you would be playing solely to weekend campers, not the general public. To set the scene, I think I am allowed to say they are motoring-type events similar to a classic car club rally for instance, so the evenings will NOT be open to the general public. It is solely to provide evening entertainment for those persons already on site.

Normally I would simply visit bars and music venues in Eigeltingen, Fürstenau or Walsrode to seek out musicians, but as I live in Spain, obviously this would prove a tad difficult … hence the assistance of an expat forum where English is more prevalent than German-speaking forums in each area.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Tom Mc; Apr 28th 2016 at 9:56 am.