Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > UK, Ireland and Europe Jobs
Reload this Page >

Job in Michigan for Brit-speakers

Job in Michigan for Brit-speakers

Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of
Default Job in Michigan for Brit-speakers

Those who speak the Queen's English, or any regional dialect thereof, your voice is wanted. I work at Booking.com, a European based hotel website giant, and have been asked to track down more Brits to man the phones and give our friends back home the feeling of speaking to someone local when they call at 3 in the morning.

I have posted this in here as I am not a recruiter or an agency, but an average joe working for this company for the past 3 months and I am enjoying it, and I know how tough it is to find work here in the Midwest. Pay is a decent level for CSRs, if you know any languages that's a bonus too. Handle phone calls, e-mails, make calls to hotels and guests all over the world. Interesting job and good people to work with.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:53 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Michigan for Brit-speakers

Is the job actually based in Grand Rapids or can you do it from home?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mozoo
Is the job actually based in Grand Rapids or can you do it from home?
Thats what I'd like to know.
3 in the morning is 7pm for me, right when Dd goes to bed. I'd be up for answering the phone at home
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:41 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

If it could be done from home I'd be very interested.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I live in GR were exactly is it... sounds like an awesome at home job!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:38 am
HBN
Just Joined

HBN is an unknown quantity at this point

how about someone with fluent English and native German language. I am in (adventure) tourism.

Thanks for taking your time.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of

Sorry it's a call centre position, not a work-from-home. It is just north of 44th on Eastern. Pretty relaxed atmosphere for a call centre position though, not stuffy at all.

If you are interested, send your CV/resume to [email protected] and I will forward it on to our HR people.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:32 pm
Young at heart!!!!!!!!!!!

costablancaAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My husband and I are both native British and my husband is also fluent in Spanish.
We currently live in Spain. Would this be a job where we could get a visa to move or would we be too much hassle.
Thanks in advance for your reply
Anna
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I highly doubt this is a job that would get you a visa. It is just a customer service position. And fluency in Spanish is not hard to come by in this country either! Sorry folks, it's really geared to those already over here or willing to make their own way here.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:05 am
Just Joined

mckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant future

Hi i am a native English guy, i am interested, do live in the uk at the moment but i have sold my house and can travel at my own cost. I am able to travel asap as a job in Dubai has just fell through.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mckenzie1970
Hi i am a native English guy, i am interested, do live in the uk at the moment but i have sold my house and can travel at my own cost. I am able to travel asap as a job in Dubai has just fell through.
Don't want to burst your bubble but glancing over your previous posts you have a LONG way to go before you can legally get work in the US.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

My english is purfect I kan even say "ee by gumm" used in the region of England where they would describe a lot of posters on this site as chocolate fireguards.

Am in USA - midwest.