Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Turkey or Spain, advice appreciated

Turkey or Spain, advice appreciated

Old Oct 19th 2013, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Jim4Sun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turkey or Spain, advice appreciated

Hi, we are a couple in our late 40's we are looking to buy a flat or apartment in either Spain or Turkey. This is mainly just for us, not to rent out. Our original preference was Turkey (probably Altinkum) but the problem is you cant get cheap flights there so will cost a lot to go over there, however the cost of living is cheap. So we now looking at Spain as flights cheaper but then cost of living more.
We would love to hear from people who have bought in either countries for the pros and cons.
Also if we decide on Spain we want to live with ex pats (I know, how predictable!) in the south, what areas are best?
Your advice will be appreciated, thanks, Jim and Jayne
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

dancall has a brilliant futuredancall has a brilliant futuredancall has a brilliant futuredancall has a brilliant futuredancall has a brilliant futuredancall has a brilliant future
Default Re: Turkey or Spain, advice appreciated

Choose Barcelona if you have an opportunity! wonderful place. No regrets. Living is more expensive than In Istanbul however just decide for yourself which country is a part of your soul
Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Gerrie Mayhew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I lived near Izmir in Turkey for about 4 years and loved every minute loved the people the culture it's a wonderful country and I would move back there tomorrow if it was not for family commitments.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

On which basis would you evaluate "what areas are best" , in biig country like Espana and Catalunya : heat , history , art , good food , safe from crime and lunatics , best medical service , best beaches , most cafes' serve you ice-cold San Miguel and other pints even before 08.00 a.m . , the most of sun-roasted tattoed , loud & , uncouth frequently too-drunk Brit Expats , the least revolting cruelty to dogs and other animals , access to France/Portugal , availability of products imported exclusively for Brits ( Morrisons , Gibraltar ) interesting events ( Valencia , Barcelona Figueres , Marbella , Malaga , Cordoba , Granada ...) , disgusting posing and excess ( Puerto Banus , I think ? )...difficult , see ?