28.57%
Who gives a f***
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Turkey and the EU

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 6:26 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turkey and the EU

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4301532.stm

As I see it this has as much to do with the christian -v- muslim argument as it has with the "let's take over Cyprus" one.

Still, should Turkey be allowed to join the EU?
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:45 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turkey and the EU

Originally Posted by MJC

As I see it this has as much to do with the christian -v- muslim argument as it has with the "let's take over Cyprus" one.

The whole of Germany would starve If it wasn't of Turkish Doner kebap.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by MJC

""Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said his country will refuse to begin negotiations if it is to be offered anything other than full membership.""

That's a bluff, what has Turkey got that the EU is in such dire need? Nothing!! Turkey just wants in on EU funding. Basically, it's a cash cow for them like it is every other under developed country that's joined.
The EU should say "OK ...see you later then if Turkey doesn't want to accept "favoured nation" staus and watch them back peddle.

"" Mr Straw has argued that keeping Turkey out of the EU would widen the "theological-political divide" between Christian and Muslim nations.""

and we are getting along so well with them right now aren't we

SO BLOODY WHAT!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:15 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
and we are getting along so well with them right now aren't we

Since when Are Germans getting along with French?

Its good that you feel this way. So practice what you preach and leave Iraq, If you think you cant get along the Muslims.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MJC

You should also put in the poll that they admit that the Armenian Genocide of 1915 happenned as well.It also is one of the requisite conditions of their joining the EU as well.......
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Since when Are Germans getting along with French?

Its good that you feel this way. So practice what you preach and leave Iraq, If you think you cant get along the Muslims.

I'm not in Iraq!!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rushman
I'm not in Iraq!!

I voted NO for Turkey. This is because of History from the Times of Lawrence of Arabia.