Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Traavelling to Turkey

Traavelling to Turkey

Old Jun 13th 2012, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traavelling to Turkey

Hello all,

looking to go and visit Turkey this year - either on the bike (motorbike ) or in a camper van. Has anybody done this before? Would it be a better idea to take the ferry from Italy? Or would be going the whole hog via road be possible/good experience?

Any comments or help would be appreciated

Cheers
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:15 am
Just Joined

tally71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Traavelling to Turkey

I knew someone who took the ferry over from Italy as they lived close by to meet up with family in Turkey. They found it to work very well for them, although it was about 3 years ago, so cannot say recently. They drove so cannot say about camper van.

Am sure driving around the coastline would be great.

Enjoy your trip
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tally71
I knew someone who took the ferry over from Italy as they lived close by to meet up with family in Turkey. They found it to work very well for them, although it was about 3 years ago, so cannot say recently. They drove so cannot say about camper van.

Am sure driving around the coastline would be great.

Enjoy your trip
Thanks - I would be making my way to Fethiye where my sister lives. I think if I take the long way round it'll be a camper van job, but if on the bike i'll probably take the ferry - otherwise I'll be walking around Fethiye like John Wayne
Old Jun 14th 2012, 7:04 am
Just Joined

The person who did this journey also had Fethiye as a final destination. We love it there.

When are you looking at travelling ? as the ferry only runs during the tourist season.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The person who did this journey also had Fethiye as a final destination. We love it there.

When are you looking at travelling ? as the ferry only runs during the tourist season.
I think I'll be traveling in August, depends when I can take some time off work..... I'm wanting to visit my sister who's been living out there for a good few years now, but I've never had the chance to visit so I've no idea what to expect!! But from what I hear and from what I've seen it looks absolutely superb
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Fethiye is a relaxing place to visit, the people are lovely and once they get to know you can't do enough. Food is superb, especially the fruit and veg and relatively cheap.

With plenty of things to do if you wish to, which I am sure your sister will have mentioned.

It will be hot, hot, hot in August, so hopefully your sister has access to a pool or you are near one of the many lovely beaches.

Have a great time

Last edited by tally71; Jun 14th 2012 at 5:58 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Fethiye is a relaxing place to visit, the people are lovely and once they get to know you can't do enough. Food is superb, especially the fruit and veg and relatively cheap.

With plenty of things to do if you wish to, which I am sure your sister will have mentioned.

It will be hot, hot, hot in August, so hopefully your sister has access to a pool or you are near one of the many lovely beaches.

Have a great time
Thanks!!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:01 am
Banned

jamessmith29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
I think it is very interesting and i want to travel here.