Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

ten reasons to buy a property in Turkey

ten reasons to buy a property in Turkey

Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

deniserose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ten reasons to buy a property in Turkey

Lots of tourists who have already been to Turkey, have dreams of obtaining an overseas property in Turkey..For the ones who haven't visited yet, I will write down some reasons why Turkey shall be considered as an ideal location for a second home.

1. You can find great choice of affordable property in Turkey (in great Turkish Riviera) available at a fraction of the cost of similar properties anywhere in the European countries like Spain,UK..

2. In Turkey life is still cheap, (still no euros =) ) Cheap cost of living which means you get more for the amount of your money. Better quality of life is waiting for you and no more shocking winter fuel bills.

3. Good and cheap Transportation.Direct flights from Europe to Istanbul.Cheap bargain flights bring more than 20 million visitors to Turkey(Antalya,Istanbul,Bodrum,Fethiye...) each year, many of whom will return again and again. (www.thy.com.tr)

4. Discover the great climate. It is perfect for someone who hates the cold and loves the long hot summers and balmy winters.

5. hospitality and warmth of the Turkish people, whose second language is English,German and Russian in some areas.

6. The main property hotspots like,Antalya Bodrum Fethiye, have a good quality infrastructure in place all year so that everyone can benefit.

7. There are good construction companies who only offers best quality properties in Turkey, with a 10 year structural guarantee approved by the Turkish government and EU certified building materials.

8. Demand for properties in Turkey has been growing which means high capital and rental returns. One of the best property hotspots in Europe is Turkey.

9. You can find beautiful blue flag beaches, undeveloped bays and coves and stunning inland scenery with mountains, lakes, rivers and waterfalls all waiting to be explored.

10. And, fascinating historical sites alongside simply beautiful, modern cosmopolitan cities and sophisticated resorts for the finer things in life.
(SNIP)..

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 18th 2009 at 4:29 pm. Reason: Links removed
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ten reasons to buy a property in Turkey

Hi deniserose,

Sounds all very tempting - can you tell us how much a one bedroom flat would be in Antalya? Are flats leasehold like they are in UK? If yes how long would be the lease for?

Also, how can one be sure non-Turkish people won't pay over the price?!

Do you also know if the property prices have appreciated during the past year? If yes do you know by how much?

Regards,
TD
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:48 pm
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

Links for turkish estate agents please...sounds like it might be worh checking out !!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Mastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant future

Popular Real Estate Agency Websites in Turkey:
http://www.sahibinden.com/en/
http://www.hurriyetemlak.com/english/
http://www.remax.com.tr/en/
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
Hi deniserose,

Sounds all very tempting - can you tell us how much a one bedroom flat would be in Antalya? Are flats leasehold like they are in UK? If yes how long would be the lease for?

Also, how can one be sure non-Turkish people won't pay over the price?!

Do you also know if the property prices have appreciated during the past year? If yes do you know by how much?

Regards,
TD
nice to hear that you are tempted =)

The prices depend on the metersquares ,of course, but the price per metersquare is between 750 euro and 1000 euro for example if you are going to buy an apartment 1 bedroom 1 living room and kitchen will be between 36 mt2 - 55 mt2. So they will cost between 27000 euro -41250 euro...

If you have a regular income, you can buy these apartments in 3 years- 36 months payment plan.And 2 years rental guarantee offer.

What does a rental guarentee mean? for example you bought an apartment, and you will only use this apartment in summers.The rest of the year you want to rent it. So rental guarantee system will rent the apartment for you.If the system can not rent it, it will pay you back %5 of the sales price of the house per year. (Isn't it nice? because you dont need to worry to rent your apartment when you are not here in Turkey...)

If you want to be sure if you are not paying overprice, you should come over here to Antalya by inspection trips...The inspection trips cost around 100-150 pound for 3 days which are very cheap...In here you will enjoy the warm weather (which is still 20 degrees =) ) and explore the area and even ask it to Turkish people around =)

The prices has changed because of the crisis comparing to last year..It went down this year..But the next year because the real estate market is booming again, the prices will rise around %15.

Did you find this helpful?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mazz1
Links for turkish estate agents please...sounds like it might be worh checking out !!
you should be checking construction companies directly I suggest..I have a list of some construction companies in Antalya that I trust the way they work..For example due diligence report is one of my musts..I suggest you should consider companies without these kind of reports.

for those companies is it ok if I list the construction companies in this forum?

denise rose
Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deniserose
you should be checking construction companies directly I suggest..I have a list of some construction companies in Antalya that I trust the way they work..For example due diligence report is one of my musts..I suggest you should consider companies without these kind of reports.

for those companies is it ok if I list the construction companies in this forum?

denise rose
Recommendations of companies you have used are useful and acceptable in the forums but self promotion and advertising isn't .... hope that helps
Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Recommendations of companies you have used are useful and acceptable in the forums but self promotion and advertising isn't .... hope that helps
that exactly helps
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

nice to hear that you are tempted =)

The prices depend on the metersquares ,of course, but the price per metersquare is between 750 euro and 1000 euro for example if you are going to buy an apartment 1 bedroom 1 living room and kitchen will be between 36 mt2 - 55 mt2. So they will cost between 27000 euro -41250 euro...

If you have a regular income, you can buy these apartments in 3 years- 36 months payment plan.And 2 years rental guarantee offer.

What does a rental guarentee mean? for example you bought an apartment, and you will only use this apartment in summers.The rest of the year you want to rent it. So rental guarantee system will rent the apartment for you.If the system can not rent it, it will pay you back %5 of the sales price of the house per year. (Isn't it nice? because you dont need to worry to rent your apartment when you are not here in Turkey...)

If you want to be sure if you are not paying overprice, you should come over here to Antalya by inspection trips...The inspection trips cost around 100-150 pound for 3 days which are very cheap...In here you will enjoy the warm weather (which is still 20 degrees =) ) and explore the area and even ask it to Turkish people around =)

The prices has changed because of the crisis comparing to last year..It went down this year..But the next year because the real estate market is booming again, the prices will rise around %15.

Did you find this helpful?
Yes thanks Denise that was very helpful, now I'v got to go and get the money
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

ptmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Trying to trace a Ronnie Morris on a probate matter...he went to Turkey to open a bar in 1989 and hasn't been heard of since.
Unlikely finding through this site but you never know.
Any info..please send me a message
Old May 8th 2010, 10:22 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Lots of tourists who have already been to Turkey, have dreams of obtaining an overseas property in Turkey..For the ones who haven't visited yet, I will write down some reasons why Turkey shall be considered as an ideal location for a second home.

1. You can find great choice of affordable property in Turkey (in great Turkish Riviera) available at a fraction of the cost of similar properties anywhere in the European countries like Spain,UK..

2. In Turkey life is still cheap, (still no euros =) ) Cheap cost of living which means you get more for the amount of your money. Better quality of life is waiting for you and no more shocking winter fuel bills.

3. Good and cheap Transportation.Direct flights from Europe to Istanbul.Cheap bargain flights bring more than 20 million visitors to Turkey(Antalya,Istanbul,Bodrum,Fethiye...) each year, many of whom will return again and again. (www.thy.com.tr)

4. Discover the great climate. It is perfect for someone who hates the cold and loves the long hot summers and balmy winters.

5. hospitality and warmth of the Turkish people, whose second language is English,German and Russian in some areas.

6. The main property hotspots like,Antalya Bodrum Fethiye, have a good quality infrastructure in place all year so that everyone can benefit.

7. There are good construction companies who only offers best quality properties in Turkey, with a 10 year structural guarantee approved by the Turkish government and EU certified building materials.

8. Demand for properties in Turkey has been growing which means high capital and rental returns. One of the best property hotspots in Europe is Turkey.

9. You can find beautiful blue flag beaches, undeveloped bays and coves and stunning inland scenery with mountains, lakes, rivers and waterfalls all waiting to be explored.

10. And, fascinating historical sites alongside simply beautiful, modern cosmopolitan cities and sophisticated resorts for the finer things in life.
(SNIP)..
my dad lives between fethiye an eludinez and loves it an yes still very cheap but i would never live there as muslim country!

Originally Posted by ptmatt
Trying to trace a Ronnie Morris on a probate matter...he went to Turkey to open a bar in 1989 and hasn't been heard of since.
Unlikely finding through this site but you never know.
Any info..please send me a message
whereabouts was he last heard
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Liznat1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

it sounds idylic! If we were to buy out there it wouldnt be for second home it would be to move - what is the job situation out there like for expats? I have a 10 month old daughter as well so education will be a major factor.
xx